Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1907 1908 [1909] 1910 1911 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3575758 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28620 on: February 27, 2019, 05:54:16 pm »

My favourite part of Cohen’s interrogation by the Republicans was when he was getting lambasted by one of them (Greene I think) and couldn’t answer his questions, and then just after the guy ceded his time back to the chair he just said “thank you for continuing the narrative.”

Cheeky get.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28621 on: February 27, 2019, 07:57:34 pm »

Pakistani defense positions shot down a couple indian jets today. Three cheers for global thermonuclear war!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28622 on: February 27, 2019, 08:14:19 pm »

Three cheers for global thermonuclear war!

finally, something that can actually get rid of student debt
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28623 on: February 27, 2019, 09:16:39 pm »

I wonder how thermonuclear war will affect the global warming timetable?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28624 on: February 27, 2019, 09:17:21 pm »

It'll be good for Bitcoin.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28625 on: February 27, 2019, 09:24:48 pm »

So at what point does the rest of the world take sides to stop people from firing nukes, do you think?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #28626 on: February 27, 2019, 09:29:02 pm »

I think that will be when we realize that millions have died, with a few more million on the way. Maybe. I don't trust current world leadership to be rational about this. Hell, I have to wonder if I could trust myself to be rational about something like that.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28627 on: February 27, 2019, 09:29:32 pm »

No one in their right mind would intervene if they seriously thought nuclear war would erupt from this. Just wait it out and pick up the pieces later.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #28628 on: February 27, 2019, 09:31:56 pm »

Ye. We just sort have to hope that Pakistan and India figure this shit out themselves. Which, I'm sure they can, it's just a matter of whether they will.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28629 on: February 27, 2019, 09:40:10 pm »

I'm betting that as soon as someone makes a credible threat to fire nukes, someone else intervenes and we start WW3 as a result.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28630 on: February 27, 2019, 09:45:03 pm »

India's mostly pushing this because it is election season, while the Pakistani spokesman is aggressively sending a "please stop igniting a border incident for political nonsense" message. There's a very good chance that this will blow over.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28631 on: February 27, 2019, 11:43:49 pm »

We're only supposed to retaliate to a neutral party getting nuked if said neutral party doesn't have nukes.  Both Pakistan and India have nukes so as far as I'm concerned they're on their own.  In this.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28632 on: February 28, 2019, 03:39:13 am »

Plus the fact that there isn't a 'Pakistan Axis' or 'India Axis', many countries that are allies of one are also allies or have friendly relations with the other. I guess China might move to press it's border claims or otherwise secure it, but they wouldn't want to get sucked into a conflict that they wouldn't get any benefit out of.

Besides, it sounds like they've had worse incidents than this between each other and they still haven't pulled the trigger.

Back to the US news, the Trump-Kim summit has ended and I'll give you one guess as to results....

(CNN is saying that Trump said that Kim wanted all sanctions lifted, but that was a no-go)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28633 on: February 28, 2019, 05:17:33 am »

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for nuclear winter!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28634 on: February 28, 2019, 02:25:10 pm »

It's not a global nuclear war. It's going to be a very local nuclear war. Property values are probably going to go down a bit here and there, but I think that, overall, most people will live.

Plus the fact that there isn't a 'Pakistan Axis' or 'India Axis', many countries that are allies of one are also allies or have friendly relations with the other. I guess China might move to press it's border claims or otherwise secure it, but they wouldn't want to get sucked into a conflict that they wouldn't get any benefit out of.

Besides, it sounds like they've had worse incidents than this between each other and they still haven't pulled the trigger.
It's been a long time since we've had jets crossing the line of control and bombing the other's territory, and not since they've had nuclear weapons. Besides, just because there have been worse incidents doesn't mean any one of them can't be the limit.

Back to the US news, the Trump-Kim summit has ended and I'll give you one guess as to results....

(CNN is saying that Trump said that Kim wanted all sanctions lifted, but that was a no-go)
My bet: North Korea has agreed to begin unification talks with China.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1907 1908 [1909] 1910 1911 ... 3515