Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3532829 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #29055 on: March 23, 2019, 10:14:53 pm »

Now all we need is a scottish political figure named Pepsi, Coke, Fanta, Sprite, or Mellow Yello and we've come full circle.

Or more scottish pokemon trainer memes.  I'll take those too and then hit the concept with a hammer until it makes a semblance of a circle.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29056 on: March 23, 2019, 11:04:15 pm »

Here, have a comic I by Merryweather:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 10:49:43 am by Magistrum »
In a time before time, I had a name.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29057 on: March 23, 2019, 11:56:39 pm »

I used to think I could grok a bit of what the haggis-people say, but I honestly don't know any more. Is ya wee posh cunt even pejorative, or just how one greets a lady?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29058 on: March 24, 2019, 01:01:05 am »

Can I help you, young lady, perhaps you're interested in pitting our pocket monsters against each other in a duel?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29060 on: March 24, 2019, 07:47:34 am »

I used to think I could grok a bit of what the haggis-people say, but I honestly don't know any more. Is ya wee posh cunt even pejorative, or just how one greets a lady?

It could be pejorative or friendly depending on context and tone. Lots of Scots use cunt as a term of endearment for their friends, but it is also one of our foulest swearwords. Posh is usually used in a derogatory context, and wee is basically thrown in whenever speaking to someone and is also either endearment or insult. Specifics vary from place to place of course.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29061 on: March 24, 2019, 12:22:44 pm »

Now all we need is a scottish political figure named Pepsi, Coke, Fanta, Sprite, or Mellow Yello and we've come full circle.
It seems that more than the chance average of Scottish political figures get fish-associated names.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29062 on: March 24, 2019, 03:35:43 pm »

Not sure if the Scottish meme thread is the best place for this, but Barr just released his summary of the Mueller report.

tl;dr: No conspiracy, but Mueller neither exonerated the President on obstruction of justice nor, in Barr's determination, found sufficient evidence to prosecute.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29063 on: March 24, 2019, 03:39:52 pm »

Not sure if the Scottish meme thread is the best place for this, but Barr just released his summary of the Mueller report.

tl;dr: No conspiracy, but Mueller neither exonerated the President on obstruction of justice nor, in Barr's determination, found sufficient evidence to prosecute.

Guess sadly his rabid supporters will be celebrating this and using it as an excuse to get support for next years elections. I'm sure they are already out celebrating. Even though Mueller said it did not exonerate him, already seeing victory cries in an MMO I play.

This is almost worse than trump getting elected...

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29064 on: March 24, 2019, 03:42:23 pm »

-snip-
Guess sadly his rabid supporters will be celebrating this and using it as an excuse to get support for next years elections. I'm sure they are already out celebrating. Even though Mueller said it did not exonerate him, already seeing victory cries in an MMO I play.

Since when is it for some reason a bad thing that the president was not colluding with Russia to win his election?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29065 on: March 24, 2019, 03:47:46 pm »

-snip-

Since when is it for some reason a bad thing that the president was not colluding with Russia to win his election?

Because that means it was our fault.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29066 on: March 24, 2019, 03:48:54 pm »

-snip-

He only said that Trump isn't exonerated as far as obstruction of justice. As for the whole Russia thing, it's certainly plausible that they unwittingly blundered into Russia's hands, but there are still so many unanswered questions. Like, if there was no collusion, why all the shady doings and trying to lie about it when there was no reason to.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29067 on: March 24, 2019, 04:06:31 pm »

oh look

the cop cleared the billionaire

wine moms ruining carpets across america

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29068 on: March 24, 2019, 04:22:02 pm »

Like, if there was no collusion, why all the shady doings and trying to lie about it when there was no reason to.

This is, I think, the point the hot takes are most likely to miss. Trump has not acted like an innocent man, and the many, many investigations into him are ongoing. For all Mueller's brief was broad, he's interpreted the scope of his investigation narrowly, and nothing we have in front of us indicates what he has or has not decided to refer to other prosecutors.

It's a big leap to go from "none of Trump's conduct can be proven beyond reasonable doubt to meet the standards of criminal conspiracy with Russia" to "Trump neither did nor tried to do anything wrong," but that's not going to stop people leaping either way in the coming days on whatever pretext they can find. In particular, criminal conduct and impeachable conduct are deliberately different, in part to avoid having to resolve the murkiness of Presidential intent.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29069 on: March 24, 2019, 04:26:13 pm »

I believe the Scottish term is "Not Proven".
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 ... 3511