Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595232 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #29175 on: March 29, 2019, 07:12:49 am »

Therein lies the problem with a vacuum: something gotta fill it up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29176 on: March 29, 2019, 08:10:10 am »

Therein lies the problem with a vacuum: something gotta fill it up.

And then you have to explain the embarrassing injuries.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29177 on: March 29, 2019, 09:30:09 am »

There's definitely an undercurrent of hostility running through this "American Subcontinent bad jokes and governmental memes thread" right now. Lighten up guys. Saying that "Barr summarised the report in an overly vague way therefore trump did something bad =and his whipping boy is covering it up!" isnt really any more helpful than "you're all liars and you should be punished for believing that collusion ever happened"
Hello, you must be new to America. Hostility is literally our national value now. It's the one thing that unites us -- that the other half of the country are terribad and should all die in a fire.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29178 on: March 29, 2019, 09:41:41 am »

The problem is that everyone's been waiting on this for two years and now it's happened and nothing interesting is happening yet with maybe the vague promise that it'll result in something a few episodes on.
What I'm saying if that this part of our country's history is a poorly written soap opera.

(Not as poorly written as Brexit, though.)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29179 on: March 29, 2019, 09:47:02 am »

(Relevant to that...)

((And, more seriously but just as off-topic, they seem to have rejected May again.))
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:52:00 am by Starver »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29180 on: March 29, 2019, 09:54:03 am »

It's a masterpiece if you understand British political satires, the finale of season 1 knocked my socks off - that Cameron ark will go down in television as a historic epic ;]

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29181 on: March 29, 2019, 10:01:00 am »

It's like a game of musical chairs where you never remove any chairs and between each round everyone agrees to keep playing with rules unchanged because anyone who suggests that something actually happen loses automatically.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29182 on: March 29, 2019, 10:06:28 am »

Also there's a timer ticking down that will eventually drop the floor out and dump everyone involved into lava. Noble dwarven furnishings, the real game.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29183 on: March 29, 2019, 10:11:17 am »

I suppose we can ridicule Brexit both in here and in the Europol thread...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29184 on: March 29, 2019, 11:05:57 am »

There's a Europol thread? I thought that was locked about a year ago (or the Brexit one was, if that's different), never to be mentioned again.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29185 on: March 29, 2019, 11:18:03 am »

There's a new one, but technically UK politics shouldn't go there because it's the EU thread.

Naturally, the only thing in the EU thread is UK politics.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29186 on: March 29, 2019, 12:09:58 pm »

The UK is still in the EU.

And tid only called the "EU thread" because at one time we need two Europe threads to contain the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29187 on: March 29, 2019, 12:32:36 pm »

Excuse me this is a terrible season finale to The US Presidency I need to file a complaint.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29188 on: March 29, 2019, 10:41:41 pm »

Hey, remember the most Republican possible Senator, the one who attempted to ridicule the Green New Deal with Aquaman and pictures of Reagan riding what was apparently meant to be a velociraptor? He's written a thing, albeit for the Daily Signal as opposed to a news organization.

There's no real point breaking down everything wrong with it, so I'll just say I hope we get more conservatives like this. It's a nice change to have the standard conservative veneer of condescending paternalism slip to reveal unadulerated insanity rather than the usual racial/class hatreds.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #29189 on: March 30, 2019, 02:10:18 am »

Trump threatens border closing next week.

This is a threat Trump has made before, and failed to follow through on. Back then, his plan to close the border was criticized and being ineffective at stopping illegal immigration, while simultaneously being extremely bad for our own economy.

The only differences this time are the arbitrary deadline, and the fact that he is trying to blame it on Mexico, claiming that they could easily stop all illegal immigration moving into the United States. Of course, he failed to clarify exactly how he expects Mexico to accomplish this, choosing instead to deliver a lengthy rant on how rich Mexico is getting by stealing all the US money through unfair trade practices that us common folk just can't understand.
Pages: 1 ... 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 ... 3515