Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3594242 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #29265 on: April 02, 2019, 12:46:36 pm »

I imagine the thread will get locked at some point within the next year or so. Elections and that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29266 on: April 02, 2019, 01:03:09 pm »

I imagine the thread will get locked at some point within the next year or so. Elections and that.
Already, the carrion crows begin to gather, anticipating their feast...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29267 on: April 02, 2019, 01:11:50 pm »

There is the first page in the entire history of this thread which matches the year in which it was created.

It will probably also be the second last, as most likely more than 1 page will be added per year, until either the forum framework or community lapse, and the year is allowed to catch up.

1212? It's not that old.
Love, scriver~

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29268 on: April 02, 2019, 01:22:08 pm »

When this thread gets nuked due to electoral dispute the next ameripol thread will get a chanche to reach 2020 posts.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29269 on: April 02, 2019, 01:31:40 pm »

Ominous.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29270 on: April 02, 2019, 02:02:54 pm »

Together, we can make it happen!
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29271 on: April 02, 2019, 02:31:49 pm »

I'll start the fire!

"Joe Biden is a rapist!"

*runs away cackling*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29272 on: April 02, 2019, 03:36:56 pm »

I'll start the fire!

"Joe Biden is a rapist!"

*runs away cackling*
The Bi-eyed fiddler

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29273 on: April 02, 2019, 03:42:59 pm »

I'll start the fire!

"Joe Biden is a rapist!"

*runs away cackling*
"Bernie Sanders did nothing wrong!"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #29274 on: April 02, 2019, 04:39:11 pm »

Part of me wants Biden to run against Trump purely so we can see a republican try to explain how Biden's behavior is worse than Trump's.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29275 on: April 02, 2019, 04:45:10 pm »

Fair dues, it'd probably be good for a chuckle of one sort or another.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29276 on: April 02, 2019, 06:15:47 pm »

Part of me wants Biden to run against Trump purely so we can see a republican try to explain how Biden's behavior is worse than Trump's.

They won't, though. They'll be volubly indignant at the unprecedented audacity that such a comparison should even be used to slander a sitting President, distrustful of Trump's accusers and performant in their avowed belief of Biden's, claim public officials need to be held to a higher standard while in office, demand unreasonable evidence, call the whole thing a partisan witch hunt, accuse everyone else of sexism, and generally just keep shouting into microphones until the news cycle rolls over.

As fun as it is to imagine trapping a politician with questions, they just don't work that way; whatever background noise the interviewer might be providing is totally irrelevant to them. What matters is that people will retweet any sound bites they can make out of the free publicity.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29277 on: April 02, 2019, 07:06:57 pm »

They won't, though. They'll be volubly indignant at the unprecedented audacity that such a comparison should even be used to slander a sitting President, distrustful of Trump's accusers and performant in their avowed belief of Biden's, claim public officials need to be held to a higher standard while in office, demand unreasonable evidence, call the whole thing a partisan witch hunt, accuse everyone else of sexism, and generally just keep shouting into microphones until the news cycle rolls over.

As fun as it is to imagine trapping a politician with questions, they just don't work that way; whatever background noise the interviewer might be providing is totally irrelevant to them. What matters is that people will retweet any sound bites they can make out of the free publicity.

Alt-Right Playbook
Control the Conversation
Never Play Defense
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29278 on: April 02, 2019, 07:31:05 pm »

And don't forget: Always A Bigger Fish

Rightists don't care about the truth, and any strategy that involves that proves one doesn't understand how they think. They know that Trump is a sexual predator every bit as much as leftists do, they just prefer to believe he isn't and they definitely don't care to offer the power that seriously considering that claim gives up. To them, you know this as well, also do not really care if he's a predator. To them, your alleged principle is just a strategy - after all, all of their principles are just strategies.

Liberals are infuriating in their inability to understand this, and it's why the right always overpowers them. Libs want to follow process no matter what, rightists want to win. That's the lesson everybody should take from the Mueller report too: Who gives a shit if it actually links Trump to a specific crime? The motherfucker's a crook! Even if it really did exonerate Trump - you should impeach him anyway. Do you think they'd do any differently if it were Bernie sitting in that chair? You think they'd even wait for an investigation?

Fucking win. Why are we so incapable of learning the one virtue held by Republicans?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29279 on: April 02, 2019, 07:40:02 pm »

"Damn the actual truthfulness or validity of the accusation-- WE HAVE OUR MAN!" is how you send innocent people to death row. (In the hundreds.)

That liberals are unwilling to go down that path, (because it is not actually winning, it is losing horribly) is a sign that they actually do have an interest in actually solving societal issues.

It isn't that liberals are uninterested in winning, or incapable of thinking about winning;  It is that there is a different set of "victory conditions."

(This is to say, throwing a temper tantrum and smashing the chess table is not how you actually win at playing chess. The republican mindset says it is, but no. That is not how you can claim to actually win at playing chess.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:42:52 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 ... 3515