Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2046 2047 [2048] 2049 2050 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3594546 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #30705 on: June 18, 2019, 05:41:33 pm »

Law Enforcement Officer
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30706 on: June 18, 2019, 05:44:21 pm »

Derp, don't know why that didn't occur to me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30707 on: June 18, 2019, 05:54:21 pm »

Ok, so who here's going to go to an anti-war protest?
If my grandparents are dead by then, and I'm not physically crippled, and it's in reaching distance, and odds are good going wouldn't ultimately result in me be homeless or dead... maybe. Probably just vote for whoever's pushing hardest against it at the time, so long as they're not running as GOP, honestly. Voting and a bit of (mostly internet) discussion is about all I can manage, most days.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30708 on: June 18, 2019, 05:58:36 pm »

Derp, don't know why that didn't occur to me.
Because "LEO" conjures images of lions, when cops are actually pigs? Don't ask me, man; I didn't get it either.

Speaking of which, I've seen a number of "ACAB" spraytags around town as of late... That, and the van that has all the anti-cop stickers and paintwork. Including the fascinating statement "racism is colorblind"...

Which really stuck with me, y'know? That and the sticker about how all Norwegian cops are "wild dogs", despite not even having guns and being actually trained in conflict resolution.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30709 on: June 18, 2019, 09:43:34 pm »

Protest?  We were always at war with Oceana, always will be.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30710 on: June 18, 2019, 10:46:07 pm »

And due to the improvements in morale and productivity, we have exceeded this quarter's demands for boots!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30711 on: June 20, 2019, 02:52:41 am »

Whoever ends up with the democratic nomination, I wanna see some goddamn oiled-up Chippendales dancers out on the campaign trail.

Buttery Males 2020, let's do this.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30712 on: June 20, 2019, 11:05:23 am »

Given the current lineup, I honestly wouldn't even blink at a candidate named Buttery Males.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30713 on: June 20, 2019, 11:06:46 am »

The crisis with Iran has suddenly escalated as they've managed to shoot down an US drone (lucky shot I suppose) and apparently the WH is scrambling to decide how to respond. I can get the WH scrambling, but I'm slightly surprised that the Pentagon  is scrambling since the military (rightly or wrongly) has a reputation for having contingency plans within contingency plans within contingency plans. But I suppose the saying 'the plan never survives contact with the enemy' (not quite verbatim, but that's the basic idea) applies and they can't do contingency for every possible situation and every possible permutation of everything.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30714 on: June 20, 2019, 11:13:19 am »

If you didn't want your damn drone shot down, maybe don't fly it in someone elses backyard? Jesus christ this is the equivalent of a kid messing with a wasp and then being suprised when the damn thing stings them.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30715 on: June 20, 2019, 11:14:18 am »

They probably have a dozen plans for "crush Iran militarily" and various levels of "if Iran is invading X ally, bomb Y to force them to withdraw". What they might be scrambling for is "slap hard enough to satisfy President Cheeto but not hard enough to force an expansion of Operation Bomb Useless Dirt."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #30716 on: June 20, 2019, 11:14:57 am »

the WH is scrambling to decide how to respond

To expand slightly on this, Trump's immediate response was to tweet something along the lines of, 'It's no big deal, this doesn't really matter.' then an hour later tweeted, 'It's a very big deal, and Iran will be sorry they did this!'.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #30717 on: June 20, 2019, 11:16:40 am »

If this was the Obama, Bush, or Clinton presidencies, I'd believe it when they say that the drone was in neutral airspace. This presidency? If Trump said the ocean was wet, I'd check it.

Plus:

Russia: Invades a neighbor.
Trump: Russia is great, Putin is my friend.
Nobody:
Trump: Fuck Iran, y'all.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #30718 on: June 20, 2019, 11:21:12 am »

If you didn't want your damn drone shot down, maybe don't fly it in someone elses backyard? Jesus christ this is the equivalent of a kid messing with a wasp and then being suprised when the damn thing stings them.

The drone was in international waters, where it had every right to be.
And with the recent escalations of the boat-mine incident, the escalating production of iranian nuclear materials beyond what was agreed upon, and the sending of additional US troops to the region, it's entirely reasonable for US to be keeping an eye on things.

If this was the Obama, Bush, or Clinton presidencies, I'd believe it when they say that the drone was in neutral airspace. This presidency? If Trump said the ocean was wet, I'd check it.

The international waters intel came directly from the Pentagon, not from Trump.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30719 on: June 20, 2019, 11:24:33 am »

The US says it was over international waters, but both sides disagreeing on where is to be expected.

the WH is scrambling to decide how to respond

To expand slightly on this, Trump's immediate response was to tweet something along the lines of, 'It's no big deal, this doesn't really matter.' then an hour later tweeted, 'It's a very big deal, and Iran will be sorry they did this!'.

Trump is an idiot with jumping the gun.

The drone was in international waters, where it had every right to be.
And with the recent escalations of the boat-mine incident, the escalating production of iranian nuclear materials beyond what was agreed upon, and the sending of additional US troops to the region, it's entirely reasonable for US to be keeping an eye on things.

The international waters intel came directly from the Pentagon, not from Trump.

And naturally, Iran disagrees.
Pages: 1 ... 2046 2047 [2048] 2049 2050 ... 3515