Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3594005 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #30900 on: June 28, 2019, 04:27:50 am »

sounds like sacred geometry hoodoo to me.

(Get your youtube blockers ready, and get some popcorn. That one's a doozie.)

You know they're full of shit when they talk about the ancients knowing about "Lemuria". That's where I stopped watching.

The entire idea of lemuria dates from only the mid 19th century, to explain why there are lemurs (hence the name) on both Madagascar and in India. This was before the theory of continental drift, so some scientists postulated a sunken land bridge between the two locations, dubbed Lemuria. The theory was abandoned when continental drift theory was established. Then, occultists decided it was real and had a lost civilization similar to Atlantis based on ... nothing basically. So, anyone stating "ancient knowledge of Lemuria" is completely full of shit. It's a fairly modern invention. No ancient source references such a place. It's similar with Ley-lines. They were only postulated around the 1920s/1930s by one guy as a theory that anicent Brits used landmarks laid out in lines for land navigation purposes, and then got dusted off again in a book in 1969 by another guy claiming "ley lines are real, and they're like magical and shit and the ancients knew all about them". Except for the fact that no historical source before 1969 even hints at such a thing.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 04:33:03 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30901 on: June 28, 2019, 04:39:16 am »

I think you are missing the point about needing popcorn. :D

[it's kinda like watching the star wars christmas special (warning, it is not suitable for any audience. Note the wikipedia article as to why if you do not already know about this phenomenon.), or Rocky Horror picture show. You KNOW what it is, and how terrible, but it is entertaining in a macabre way.]

(It's the whole "Energy vibrations!" and "critical mass" of "group consciousness" elements of that twitter post that made me draw the video in question to the front, but you have to get the popcorn, and watch the whole hour long mental torture marathon to get the reference.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 04:52:44 am by wierd »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30902 on: June 29, 2019, 02:58:16 am »

Well, like anybody with a brain can see, I find it obvious Williamson is nothing but an amusing example of how insane someone can be and yet get taken seriously.

Literally a fucking "woo healing crystals" dumbfuck here, if you're associated with Oprah and haven't punched McCarthy in the face until she shuts up, you're a shitbag, therefore Williamson is a shitbag.

She's also literally fucking nobody compared to Harris, who just the other night literally shot a man to death on national tv and seems to have gotten away with it.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #30903 on: June 29, 2019, 07:28:24 am »

Could you give me a source on that, Max?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30904 on: June 29, 2019, 08:56:03 am »

Could you give me a source on that, Max?

Which one? the 'woo healing crystals' or the 'literally killed a man'? I'm not sure on the healing crystals, but Williamson is definetly fringe, if there's a loony candidate this year, she's it. As for Harris 'literally killed a man', perhaps not literally literally, but Biden pretty much got killed out there.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #30905 on: June 29, 2019, 09:08:15 am »

I was mostly concerned with "Harris, who just the other night literally shot a man to death on national tv and seems to have gotten away with it", as that seemed somewhat intriguing.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30906 on: June 29, 2019, 09:23:18 am »

he shot a man in reno, just to watch him die
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #30907 on: June 29, 2019, 10:37:52 am »

Well, if Kamala Harris wants to Johnny Cash in on some shooting, I'm all in.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #30908 on: June 29, 2019, 02:37:59 pm »

I found the "guilty person is just an innocent person covered in misunderstanding" one disturbing, and the "when you're missing someone, it just means they've come to visit spiritually" one unconvincing but comforting. The rest...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30909 on: June 29, 2019, 02:50:04 pm »

he shot a man in reno, just to watch him die
when he hears that school bus blowin’, he hangs his head and cries
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30910 on: June 29, 2019, 03:57:22 pm »

That was a well executed line, obvious prep or not, and it gave the impression that "this is someone who can throw down with the big orange turdsack" to me at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30911 on: June 29, 2019, 04:30:28 pm »

Like, her history as one is largely what makes me pretty unwilling to support her at the mo', but there's relatively few things out there as able to jam a stick in trump's eye (maybe metaphorically, maybe literally) as a DA/AG. A lawyer or whatever with no reason to back down is basically the shitgibbon's greatest weakness (after normal human weaknesses like sticks jammed into the eyeball, anyway).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30912 on: June 29, 2019, 05:20:30 pm »

I wonder which candidate takes climate change the most seriously, and whether any candidates are planning on adding term limits to congress

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30913 on: June 29, 2019, 05:26:48 pm »

whether any candidates are planning on adding term limits to congress

O’Rourke, Booker, Yang, Hickenlooper, Gillibrand, Julian Castro, Delaney, William Weld (R), and Trump (R) have all endorsed congressional term limits at some point.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30914 on: June 29, 2019, 05:32:28 pm »

I want Warren to win.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 ... 3515