Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2089 2090 [2091] 2092 2093 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3593331 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #31350 on: July 27, 2019, 04:05:31 pm »

They'll just say you were never a citizen. Then they'll pass laws removing citizenship from criminals. And then they'll make sure you are a criminal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #31351 on: July 27, 2019, 04:06:22 pm »

jesus christ these fuckin libtards with their narrative and ideological concept of citizenship

how about some FACTS and LOGIC and not your cuck emotions

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31352 on: July 27, 2019, 04:12:40 pm »

Yes, this worries me too. I thought citizenship couldn’t be taken away once gained
It's pretty difficult to take it, iirc (near if not entirely impossible for natural-born citizens), but less difficult to get someone to, say, renounce it. Or agree to be deported, or whatever. If you're sufficiently malicious, which to all appearances ICE and the border patrol definitely seem to lean towards being, there's ways to fuck even citizens pretty hard.

Want to say it's somewhat easier to invalidate a naturalized citizen, but it's still a rough process if you're trying to be above board with everything and forcibly revoke. Also largely a colossal waste of fucking time considering immigrants tend to be better behaved and often more productive than non-migrants, but as they say, the cruelty is the point. Not efficiency or good faith or whatev'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31353 on: July 27, 2019, 04:41:39 pm »

It's remarkably disturbing that anyone would be held while refusing any possibility of contacting any outside source whatsoever for more than 3 weeks, especially a US citizen.

Also it sounds like they picked him and his literal brother up at the same time? The brother is undocumented and presumably did not have ID on him? They find him with his 1-year-older brother who has every single possible form of identification in his wallet down to the birth certificate? He just carries that, I guess? I can understand that they would be suspicious, but it would have been extremely simple for them to confirm their authenticity. They either refused to, or they ignored those results. He could have been in and out of there on the same day.

Seems like a case of deliberate profiling on the part of the Customs and Border folks, at the least.

They'll just say you were never a citizen. Then they'll pass laws removing citizenship from criminals. And then they'll make sure you are a criminal.

Seems like this was the likely goal. From his description it doesn't sound like they were even getting him to sign anything regarding his existing documentation, just something that allowed them to deport him. Though I suppose there would have to be something in there that dealt with his existing citizenship.

It's notable that once he was remitted to actual ICE custody, everything was cleared up posthaste.

Check this out:
During the 23 days he was in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, Galicia was not allowed to shower, he told The Dallas Morning News, which first reported his story.

The teen said he lost 26 pounds during his time in the immigrant detention center, and said officers didn't provide him with enough food. He was crammed into an overcrowded holding area with 60 other men. They slept on the floor with aluminum-foil blankets — some even had to sleep in the bathroom area, he said.

Some of the men were very sick and were bitten by ticks, but were afraid to ask for a doctor because CBP officers told them their stay would start over if they did, Galicia said.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31354 on: July 27, 2019, 04:59:08 pm »

Double post, here's an interesting tidbit.

A U.S. Border Patrol chief on Thursday testified before the House Judiciary Committee that 18-year-old Francisco Erwin Galicia never claimed to be a U.S. citizen when he was in Border Patrol custody for 23 days.

But that contradicts a notice to appear in immigration court served to Galicia in which the Department of Homeland Security accused him of falsely claiming to be a U.S. citizen while in custody.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31355 on: July 27, 2019, 07:43:57 pm »

Don't let reality interfere with your narrative and ideology, right ? It's not like his brother is ilegal or anything.

His brother was undocumented, yes.

Why do you think that is the salient point, when he is not undocumented, and provided multiple official documents proving that to the officials that detained him?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31356 on: July 27, 2019, 07:45:28 pm »

Yeah his brother went back willingly, he however was a US citizen.

Like if you're related to someone from another country you don't have rights, I guess?

Anyway are they suing the piss out of the Border and Customs folks, or what?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31357 on: July 27, 2019, 08:17:54 pm »

Yeah his brother went back willingly, he however was a US citizen.

Like if you're related to someone from another country you don't have rights, I guess?

Anyway are they suing the piss out of the Border and Customs folks, or what?
Yes, they are attempting to sue

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #31358 on: July 28, 2019, 08:14:05 am »

I don't deal with immigration matters, but I do paperwork for imports of commercial goods into the USA.  I've had plenty of interactions with CBP.  I can tell you from experience that they operate with impunity.  Customs brokerage is basically a legal profession and brokers usually know the law better than CBP officers do.  But trying to cite the law to them will usually just cause them to double down on fucking up your day.  And there's zero recourse.  I've had officers hold my customer's shipments simply because they didn't know how to operate their own computer system to release them through, and making up stupid reasons on the spot to hold the shipment was the only way for them to avoid admitting they didn't know what they were doing.  They make up their own rules or just do whatever they feel like in the moment and there's nothing you can do about it.  That's officially how it is, even.  Every international border point or air/sea port has a CBP official acting as Port Director, and they literally make up their own rules as to how the port operates.  If something is permissible by federal regulations, they can contradict that and there's nothing you can do about it.  And if you find out that your shipments are constantly getting held up because of the policies unique to a specific port, they will fine you for "port shopping" if you re-route your shipments through a different port that treats you better.  If someone gets an attitude with them over their behavior or they simply don't like them, they'll destroy their small business by setting an automatic flag to have every one of their shipments held for inspection, and if they really don't like them, they'll even damage all their goods in the inspection process.  I've heard story of one customer who was jerked around by CBP and said he was going to call his congress person.  They laughed at him and held his shipment for 3 months. 

On the other hand, I once saw a high stakes shipment that was "lost" by CBP for 3 days.  In that much time, it got escalated all the way up to my company's CEO.  Turned out our CEO is golfing buddies with the CEO of the airline the shipment flew in on.  They made a couple phone calls, and the shipment was "found" and released about 15 minutes later.

Like most law enforcement, they desperately need a purge and establishment of third-party oversight.  Welcome to the USA.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31359 on: July 29, 2019, 05:01:29 pm »

Is canada doing anything with their military to protect the genocide of the aborigines happening right now? They sent their military for some two white supremecists, but I don't hear anything at all about the aborigines being slaughtered and going missing. If two white no name racist supremacists killed a few people, surely the military should be involved in actual genocide with over 1k+ natives being killed and kidnapped. None of the news bothers to focus on that, but two white males get all the focus world wide? Why is the news giving "power" (fame/infamy, same thing to these nutjobs) to two kids but where is all the focus on the literal genocide? And why does barely any of the news, only BBC once in a while, say nothing about the concentration camps and actual genocide happening to muslims in china? Why are so many candidates, republican and democrat, not talking about the actual genocide in china and not punishing them for it and making it more known? Why does it seem the news media on all sides is against sanctions in china? There should be sanctions for what they are doing to muslims over there. Why aren't they doing that and protecting the aborigines as well?

Yet all the news focuses on is a couple white kids who murdered a few people and giving them the "power" that they want. Yet 1000s of natives in canada being slaughtered, 100s of thousands if not more muslims being probably slaughtered as well over in china.

Its very frustrating when no one is focusing on these problems, none of the candidates talk about any of this. And many seem pro-china despite china probably committing genocide and no one seems to care.

(edit: Unless I missed something with the military and aborigines, but I tried looking any info up and there isn't nearly as much news I can find about it. Just mostly about the two kids. I know definitely barely any attention to the genocide over in china with the muslims, and no one seems to be talking about it at all for quite a while)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:18:05 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31360 on: July 29, 2019, 05:22:25 pm »

I mean, that's Canada, not the US, and also China, not the US. They're probably more concerned with domestic matters at this stage of the process. Also I don't really see where those things are related to a couple of nameless white supremacists I've never heard about.

So uh, what's going on with Canada killing all the original inhabitants, now?

quick edit: China has been doing that for quite a while now, and it's certainly not limited to Muslims. Literally anyone who has a problem with the government gets that treatment there. The rest of the world just likes their money too much is all.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:24:05 pm by Dunamisdeos »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31361 on: July 29, 2019, 05:33:40 pm »

Do Republicans care about non-white, non-Christian demographics?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31362 on: July 29, 2019, 05:39:35 pm »

Do Republicans care about non-white, non-Christian demographics?

Nope.

But yeah I mean it isn't really the US "problem" with china and what is happening with the aborigines in canada. Granted like poster above said as far as china goes, china does that and has done that to anyone against their government. But it should still be talked about and not feel like its being swept under the rug. I think for me that is most frustrating part is like putting blinders on and pretending nothing is going on. And it definitely should make the US not support what is going on until its dealt with, especially in regards to china. At least canada labeled what is going on as genocide, which was great to see they labeled it as such.

Here is one thing I found as far as the Aborigines go

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/03/world/canada/canada-indigenous-genocide.html

So actually pretty recent article. And its good they are taking responsibility. But it feels like a couple kids are bigger news than this, when it should be the opposite and not give them any attention they apparently want.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #31363 on: July 29, 2019, 05:45:28 pm »

The two kids are American, allowing a blame shift, while the actions you're talking about are domestic and thus in large part the Canadian government's fault. As of the latest polling I've seen (work has a tendency to have at least one TV on a Canadian station even outside of hockey season for some reason), the current government is going to be in serious trouble in the next election. If they take the blame (more than the simple "buck stops here" attitude suggested in that article), that's going to hurt them even more, while trying to pin it on the other party is much too likely to rebound as a smear attack.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31364 on: July 29, 2019, 05:54:41 pm »

Um, I thought the two kids were Canadian. Either way, the thing is that Americans (and I suspect, every other country in the world) largely don't vote (in the places that do vote) based on foriegn policy (unless it's in some way connected to domestic policy), they by and large vote based on domestic matters.

The Democratic candidates have said stuff about China, but I haven't really seen anything pro-China. It's just that the focus has been on domestic policy, mostly healthcare and immigration, though the shooting in California yesterday is going to thrust gun policy back into the spotlight for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 2089 2090 [2091] 2092 2093 ... 3515