Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2141 2142 [2143] 2144 2145 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533986 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #32130 on: September 07, 2019, 07:16:36 pm »

What flaming dumbass decided that was a good idea to begin with, anyway? Like, everything else about this aside, who had the bright idea to pointedly combine "thing you drink or wash with" with "thing you piss or shit in", and what galaxy brained idiot subsequently gave the go-ahead to produce and install it?
racists appealing to more racists

Now, I'm all for mocking bigots, but I don't think installing drinking fountains in the toilet is a direct symptom of racism.

Points if you can show me it is, though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32131 on: September 07, 2019, 07:27:00 pm »

Not caring about your prospective users to the point of doing damn stupid design like that probably does have pretty good odds of being pushed by racism, mind. Like, you're probably not going to try to peddle using that kind of thing on someone you think isn't subhuman to some degree. There's other options, but considering the actors involved... it's pretty high  up there in terms of potential motivating factors.

Conceptually could be other sorts of bigotry, or just peak capitalism shitting on people who can't do much to influence the market. The question would be if there's any other sector using those messed up things, or are they specifically being inflicted on ICE captives and whatnot?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32132 on: September 07, 2019, 07:36:34 pm »

Putting a fountain in the same stall as the toilet for 'efficiency' reasons does sound like peak capitalism. But still, hygiene issues. Does make one wonder why the hell such an idea was allowed to go through.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32133 on: September 08, 2019, 12:01:40 am »

Does make one wonder why the hell such an idea was allowed to go through.
again, racism

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32134 on: September 08, 2019, 01:08:01 am »

Probably both, when you think about it. Which is the worst combination.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32135 on: September 08, 2019, 06:20:37 am »

It's a common design in places with limited space. Also helps save on plumbing. Only need one feed and one drain rather than a seperate one for each.

I'm not saying it's the best idea, but it's used fairly widely, and been done so for quite a while.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32136 on: September 08, 2019, 02:17:46 pm »

I worry that at some point someone's going to tell these lunatics that chugging bleach really triggers the libcucks because it makes you whiter inside.
This nearly killed me.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32137 on: September 08, 2019, 02:20:34 pm »

I worry that at some point someone's going to tell these lunatics that chugging bleach really triggers the libcucks because it makes you whiter inside.
This nearly killed me.
Drinking bleach will do that.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #32138 on: September 08, 2019, 02:42:40 pm »

You joke, but there literally was a person selling "bleach cures" and getting people to poison their children that way. Was that this year?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32139 on: September 08, 2019, 02:48:16 pm »

You joke, but there literally was a person selling "bleach cures" and getting people to poison their children that way. Was that this year?
That was indeed this year, and they're still going strong! It's also an entire organization calling itself a church, not just some dude. They've got a presentation date set for New York. WHO has been trying to advise people to not attend.

Miracle Mineral Solution: The cure for cancer, AIDS, malaria, measles, amnesia, homosexuality, insomnia, influenza, amnesia, and small penis.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32140 on: September 08, 2019, 02:52:53 pm »

Were those the fuckers telling people to wash their children in bleach baths as a cure for autism, or is this another bleach-related scam?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32141 on: September 08, 2019, 03:05:06 pm »

It's a common design in places with limited space. Also helps save on plumbing. Only need one feed and one drain rather than a seperate one for each.

I'm not saying it's the best idea, but it's used fairly widely, and been done so for quite a while.
Literally where, though? I've never seen it, or heard of it used outside of what's popped up lately, and would suspect only people without means to protest would stomach it (for a given value of stomaching rooted in a complete inability to fight back).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32142 on: September 08, 2019, 03:26:08 pm »

Were those the fuckers telling people to wash their children in bleach baths as a cure for autism, or is this another bleach-related scam?
Wait, this happened, too? WTF? This is a reason why we can’t underestimate the max stupidity of humans.
Here are some links I found while checking if humans actually do this
here, here, and here

This is a problem religion and science denial can cause

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32143 on: September 08, 2019, 03:41:24 pm »

This nearly killed me.
Drinking bleach will do that.
But if I don't, the communists win.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32144 on: September 08, 2019, 03:41:54 pm »

That was indeed this year, and they're still going strong! It's also an entire organization calling itself a church, not just some dude. They've got a presentation date set for New York. WHO has been trying to advise people to not attend.

Miracle Mineral Solution: The cure for cancer, AIDS, malaria, measles, amnesia, homosexuality, insomnia, influenza, amnesia, and small penis.

You know, in most "normal" countries the police would attend the presentation and shut it down. Marking poison as medicine is illegal in most places. I'm guessing they're using a religious exemption or something. I suppose once you've completely bastardised your intellect with young Earth Creationism there's probably nothing left of your critical thinking skills so nonsense and reason become indistinguishable.

(dilute) bleach baths are a legitimate treatment for secondary bacterial infections for children with eczema. Whether there's also another scam that uses them I have no idea.
Pages: 1 ... 2141 2142 [2143] 2144 2145 ... 3511