Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2143 2144 [2145] 2146 2147 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3591561 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #32160 on: September 08, 2019, 07:29:14 pm »

When we start saying that things are what they aren't and aren't what they are, chaos ensues.

Has such a thing ever happened?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32161 on: September 08, 2019, 07:37:25 pm »

As you might have heard, the adult state of those with autism is often centered around their education and socialization early on in life - the failure to do so is what results in true dysfunction, not having autism. Build systems that respond to people's needs and you reduce dysfunction.

Its honestly really annoying that a massive majority of resources for those with autism is geared to children.  I was diagnosed as an adult, so its a little too late for that to help me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32162 on: September 08, 2019, 07:39:51 pm »

Not trying to be a dick, but thinking differently in a way that impairs normal activity is pretty much the dictionary definition of dysfunction.
Think of it this way: in a heteronormative society being gay impairs normal activity, used to be considered a disorder, and there's a history of 'treating' it. Similar with being left-handed.
One needs to ask whether the problem is with the individual or with the society.

Anyway, did y'all know that one of the leading researchers into autism is Borat's cousin? True story.
I looked up Borat and found a movie
I doubt this is the correct Borat, can you help point me in the right direction to find the researcher?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32163 on: September 08, 2019, 07:42:45 pm »

Not trying to be a dick, but thinking differently in a way that impairs normal activity is pretty much the dictionary definition of dysfunction.
Think of it this way: in a heteronormative society being gay impairs normal activity, used to be considered a disorder, and there's a history of 'treating' it. Similar with being left-handed.
One needs to ask whether the problem is with the individual or with the society.

Anyway, did y'all know that one of the leading researchers into autism is Borat's cousin? True story.
I doubt this is the correct Borat, can you help point me in the right direction to find the researcher?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Baron-Cohen

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32164 on: September 08, 2019, 07:43:37 pm »

Thank you

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32165 on: September 08, 2019, 08:06:33 pm »

So, another mass shooting in the US: https://twitter.com/LatinoUSA/status/1169986010748542978

You joke, but there literally was a person selling "bleach cures" and getting people to poison their children that way. Was that this year?
That was indeed this year, and they're still going strong! It's also an entire organization calling itself a church, not just some dude. They've got a presentation date set for New York. WHO has been trying to advise people to not attend.

Miracle Mineral Solution: The cure for cancer, AIDS, malaria, measles, amnesia, homosexuality, insomnia, influenza, amnesia, and small penis.

I'd link the newest Oglaf for being related (and actually work safe), but the site itself isn't, so I'll err on the side of safety. It's the Oglaf for the week of September 8. I'll assume you all have internet, because you're here.

I worry that at some point someone's going to tell these lunatics that chugging bleach really triggers the libcucks because it makes you whiter inside.
This nearly killed me.

That is not a problem, that's a solution.

Swearing in the hologram of Joe Biden, who ran against Mecha Reagan in 20xx.
How to get AI in the Presidency
(Maybe they won’t be as corrupt as humans?)

That'd be the problem. Not being as corrupt as humans, it'd quickly establish that the best way to govern humanity is to exterminate us.

Eh, at least it'd be a more egalitarian way of killing us off. I'd like to see all of the options before I decide.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32166 on: September 08, 2019, 08:17:02 pm »

I doubt this is the correct Borat
It's in fact the correct Borat, as you might have already ascertained from the wiki link.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32167 on: September 08, 2019, 08:19:32 pm »

I looked on the twitter feed and someone posted the following image
10 stages of Genocide

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32168 on: September 08, 2019, 08:59:42 pm »

I'll assume you all have internet, because you're here.

Actually, my posts arrive hand-written via carrier pigeon.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32169 on: September 09, 2019, 07:01:19 pm »

You joke, but there literally was a person selling "bleach cures" and getting people to poison their children that way. Was that this year?
That was indeed this year, and they're still going strong! It's also an entire organization calling itself a church, not just some dude. They've got a presentation date set for New York. WHO has been trying to advise people to not attend.

Miracle Mineral Solution: The cure for cancer, AIDS, malaria, measles, amnesia, homosexuality, insomnia, influenza, amnesia, and small penis.

I'd link the newest Oglaf for being related (and actually work safe), but the site itself isn't, so I'll err on the side of safety. It's the Oglaf for the week of September 8. I'll assume you all have internet, because you're here.
Speaking for myself, I happen to check Oglaf religiously. Instead of church, Oglaf updates are my Sunday.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #32170 on: September 09, 2019, 07:25:13 pm »

Speaking for myself, I happen to check Oglaf religiously. Instead of church, Oglaf updates are my Sunday.

Amen.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32171 on: September 09, 2019, 08:25:23 pm »

Amen.

I connect to the internet solely through prayer while chugging bleach. Comcast is pissed at my one secret trick.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32172 on: September 09, 2019, 09:03:51 pm »

If you're still alive enough to pray you're not chugging the bleach hard enough. I don't believe you.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32173 on: September 09, 2019, 10:41:02 pm »

Did you try turning God off and back on again?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32174 on: September 10, 2019, 10:21:25 am »

Wait, halt the politics, this is important  you youngsters don't know what Borat is? It only released like five years ago at most!
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 2143 2144 [2145] 2146 2147 ... 3514