Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2171 2172 [2173] 2174 2175 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3581280 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #32580 on: October 02, 2019, 08:52:06 pm »

Ok, fine, I admit I'd open the fancy rum from my honeymoon just to watch the frothing incandescent rage on Fox news.

I talk a lot about peace and understanding but even I have a sense of schadenfreude.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32581 on: October 02, 2019, 08:54:14 pm »

The thing though is that the average life expectancy is longer now than it was during the founders day, also, George Washington died at 67 while Thomas Jefferson lived to 90. So....

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #32582 on: October 02, 2019, 08:58:33 pm »

10 years under average life expectancy as calculated during the previous year, no biggie, gets a good number of the decaying out without taking disproportionately of the sane.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32583 on: October 02, 2019, 09:30:04 pm »

The thing though is that the average life expectancy is longer now than it was during the founders day, also, George Washington died at 67 while Thomas Jefferson lived to 90. So....

Bernie's far healthier than many of our previous presidents were on taking office - including Washington.

Wilson had 3 strokes and at least 3 other cerebro-vascular incidents before becoming president, then another 2 while in office. Washington had smallpox, malariax5,  diphtheria,tuberculosis, dysentary, quinsy (abscessed tonsillitis), and carbuncle (clusters of boils under the skin. A modern 70 year old is usually in much better shape.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32584 on: October 02, 2019, 09:33:12 pm »

Hold on. Is that five separate cases of malaria, or one case of malaria with five symptomatic flare-ups? Because one of those things demands a lot more explanation than the other.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32585 on: October 02, 2019, 09:38:10 pm »

The point is still that it'd be as difficult to quantify 'how old is too old' then as it is today as it'd vary from person to person.

Speaking of health, Trump probably should dial down his rage or he'll rage himself into apoplexy (yes, I know that's an outdated medical term).

Bernie's far healthier than many of our previous presidents were on taking office - including Washington.

Wilson had 3 strokes and at least 3 other cerebro-vascular incidents before becoming president, then another 2 while in office. Washington had smallpox, malariax5,  diphtheria,tuberculosis, dysentary, quinsy (abscessed tonsillitis), and carbuncle (clusters of boils under the skin. A modern 70 year old is usually in much better shape.
Hold on. Is that five separate cases of malaria, or one case of malaria with five symptomatic flare-ups? Because one of those things demands a lot more explanation than the other.

I know of a site which documented presidents medical stuff, lemme find it. Haven't visited it in ages, but I know what it is.

http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/z_x01malaria_g.htm

I guess they're flareups? He could also have been exposed while in the military.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 09:42:27 pm by smjjames »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32586 on: October 02, 2019, 10:12:54 pm »

It is unclear if it was five infections or five flareups of the same infection. Very bad either way.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32587 on: October 02, 2019, 11:07:30 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 02:38:24 pm by Toady One »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32588 on: October 03, 2019, 05:38:32 am »

And then Max was an old white dude.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32589 on: October 03, 2019, 05:44:37 am »

And he began to abide.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32590 on: October 03, 2019, 06:40:56 am »

I will be a kindly old gentleman, the one thing I learned from old white guys was how not to be, and history is after all on my side there, for what is it but a litany of horrors inflicted on everyone else at the hands of old white fuckbags?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #32591 on: October 03, 2019, 06:45:03 am »

I will be a kindly old gentleman, the one thing I learned from old white guys was how not to be, and history is after all on my side there, for what is it but a litany of horrors inflicted on everyone else at the hands of old white fuckbags?

I honestly can't decide which is worse here, the "every old white man sucks, without exception, but when I am an old white man I won't" or the bald claim that all of notable history is about (old) white men.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32592 on: October 03, 2019, 07:46:22 am »

Max:
I will be a kindly old gentleman,

Also Max:
As someone who openly and freely hates old white guys who seek power, I eagerly await all of them dropping fucking dead.

Old white dudes would sooner shit on you than bend over to help you stand by yourself, fuck them all off a cliff over a ravine full of horny dogs.

Dogs with human transmittable diseases.

I honestly can't decide which is worse here, the "every old white man sucks, without exception, but when I am an old white man I won't" or the bald claim that all of notable history is about (old) white men.

Max has got an Obsidian Belt in gorilla warfare. It's just how he is.
Love, scriver~

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #32593 on: October 03, 2019, 07:49:30 am »

One day children will learn that the most important part is that they are rich. That being the part likely to make them become an asshole.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32594 on: October 03, 2019, 08:27:45 am »

I wouldn't mind seeing a maximum voting age, but mostly just to watch the boomers go apocalyptic over it like never before. And, you know, to survive the climate crisis.

Honestly, it doesn't even need to be real. Is anyone here old enough to still have a Facebook account? I think you can just post a gif explaining the new maximum voting age law on Facebook, and watch heads explode. You have to remember some boombers pass on chain emails and chain letters.

One day children will learn that the most important part is that they are rich. That being the part likely to make them become an asshole.

Second most likely is believing they can become rich by shitting on poor people. But still the same root cause.
Pages: 1 ... 2171 2172 [2173] 2174 2175 ... 3513