Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2179 2180 [2181] 2182 2183 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3590742 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #32700 on: October 08, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »

(I'm a bit late to the party from a few days ago, since I was out of the state, but dialing back death-violent-dog-involved rhetoric would be handy.  I know some bad things have gone down, but just in terms of the health of the forum thread, or having it at all, we kind of need to leave the kill-all-this-or-that stuff out of it as best we can.)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #32701 on: October 08, 2019, 02:44:16 pm »

[Mispost]
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32702 on: October 08, 2019, 02:54:24 pm »

*looks back a bit and finds the removed post, which had also gotten quoted* I see, yeah, Max tends to go heavy with the shitposting and we've kind of gotten used to that. I'll (and everybody else I'm sure) try to remind him and also moderate my own thread a little better in that case.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32703 on: October 08, 2019, 04:18:27 pm »

*looks back a bit and finds the removed post, which had also gotten quoted* I see, yeah, Max tends to go heavy with the shitposting and we've kind of gotten used to that. I'll (and everybody else I'm sure) try to remind him and also moderate my own thread a little better in that case.

To be fair to the thread, he's been employing this inverse Proud Boy rhetoric to the exclusion of all other commentary for so long that I suspect many of the regular posters to this thread didn't try to damp him down simply because we have him on our ignore lists; it's relatively rare that any one earnest call for someone's violent murder is commented upon for long enough to come to the attention of a casual reader, particularly with how quickly the thread moves.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #32704 on: October 08, 2019, 04:48:17 pm »

https://www.scribd.com/document/429355567/WH-letter-announcing-noncompliance-with-impeachment-probe#from_embed

The White House has officially delivered their letter to Pelosi, stating their intent to respond to the Impeachment Inquiry with one big metaphorical middle finger.

It's worth noting that they state their primary reason for refusal being the lack of a formal vote to initiate the Inquiry; yet at the same time, nowhere do they say that they intend to comply after an official vote is held. This letter is not an attempt to reach any sort of agreement, it's just shameless stonewalling, and providing Republicans with a distraction they can stand behind when they're unable to defend Trump's actual conduct.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32705 on: October 08, 2019, 04:55:55 pm »

https://www.scribd.com/document/429355567/WH-letter-announcing-noncompliance-with-impeachment-probe#from_embed

The White House has officially delivered their letter to Pelosi, stating their intent to respond to the Impeachment Inquiry with one big metaphorical middle finger.

It's worth noting that they state their primary reason for refusal being the lack of a formal vote to initiate the Inquiry; yet at the same time, nowhere do they say that they intend to comply after an official vote is held. This letter is not an attempt to reach any sort of agreement, it's just shameless stonewalling, and providing Republicans with a distraction they can stand behind when they're unable to defend Trump's actual conduct.
Welp, time to rubber stamp vote and use inherent contempt!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32706 on: October 08, 2019, 05:50:47 pm »

"We think the Supreme Court's decision on that whole Watergate thing was wrong."
- The current administration. No, really.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32707 on: October 08, 2019, 05:55:08 pm »

"We think the Supreme Court's decision on that whole Watergate thing was wrong."

Not that I doubt it, but link me please XD
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32708 on: October 08, 2019, 05:56:32 pm »

It couldn't make them look more guilty.  Pretty amazing, really.

Theoretically, what can even happen at this point?  Presumably this will be dumped on the impeachment fire as fuel, but if the white house doesn't provide any information what can they even do?  Just move on to actually impeaching him and hope that the senate finds it unacceptable and impeaches him anyway?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32709 on: October 08, 2019, 06:01:16 pm »

They can do nothing because it is their intention to do nothing. If they won't even issue arrest warrants for people literally defying Congressional subpoenas then they are just proving they have no power. They could actually impeach him and Trump would just say "no", MSNBC would complain for a week and a half, and that'd be the end of it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32710 on: October 08, 2019, 06:01:47 pm »

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/08/justice-department-objects-to-house-getting-mueller-grand-jury-info.html

So not literally the administration but the only way I can rationalize it is if people are crossing the streams, so to speak.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32711 on: October 08, 2019, 06:05:09 pm »

Not that I doubt it, but link me please XD

It's more of a sentiment than something actually said out loud, or in writing.

They can do nothing because it is their intention to do nothing. If they won't even issue arrest warrants for people literally defying Congressional subpoenas then they are just proving they have no power. They could actually impeach him and Trump would just say "no", MSNBC would complain for a week and a half, and that'd be the end of it.

Didn't they actually do the arrest warrant thing during the Obama years? I don't remember.

Theoretically, what can even happen at this point?  Presumably this will be dumped on the impeachment fire as fuel, but if the white house doesn't provide any information what can they even do?  Just move on to actually impeaching him and hope that the senate finds it unacceptable and impeaches him anyway?

I've read something about fast tracking it to the Supreme Court.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32712 on: October 08, 2019, 06:07:01 pm »

Failure to comply with an impeachment investigation is obstruction of justice, and is thus clearly impeachable in and of itself. That's basically what they tagged Clinton with. Combine that with the fact that a lot of Senate Republicans are really pissed off over the Kurd thing, this is a very dangerous path for the administration to be taking.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32713 on: October 08, 2019, 06:12:29 pm »

They said that "The result would be different if argued today" in regards to the decision regarding Watergate.

So yeah, basically.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32714 on: October 08, 2019, 06:18:35 pm »

I saw that from a WH lawyer who was talking to a judge for some other thing though. I wonder how confident they actually are in that the ruling would be different now since it's all about constitutional power and balance between the branches. Not to mention it'd be the most ultimate political decision by SCOTUS at a time when they're trying not to appear political.
Pages: 1 ... 2179 2180 [2181] 2182 2183 ... 3514