Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2199 2200 [2201] 2202 2203 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595418 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #33000 on: October 17, 2019, 01:29:56 pm »

Is there anything stopping them from inflating the costs they incur so it looks like they’re doing it at cost but are actually making a huge profit?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33001 on: October 17, 2019, 01:32:14 pm »

Is there anything stopping them from inflating the costs they incur so it looks like they’re doing it at cost but are actually making a huge profit?

That's generally what various organizations do in these circumstances.

It's just a big coincidence that a company's "at cost" cost is exactly the maximum that the government says it will pay.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33002 on: October 17, 2019, 01:33:46 pm »

I know it's just an example, but I don't think early June is 'off-season' for Doral, definitely off peak though. The early June is likely a deliberate choice in order to beat the majority of hurricane season, but you never know, hence my warning of hoping that they have a backup plan just in case.

Given this admin though, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a backup plan.

Trump, probably. They're not going to stiff someone who is still basically the boss. I can see them adding extra costs to cover the workload, security, and everything else associated with these events though.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 01:38:06 pm by smjjames »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33003 on: October 17, 2019, 01:38:03 pm »

Trump and his father already did this with their apartments, by doing "renovations" and vastly inflating what they say they paid for them while doing essentially nothing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33004 on: October 17, 2019, 01:43:58 pm »

A thought, I wonder if they'd add in a cost for bedbug removal? Given the accusation of bedbugs, they'll probably want to be extra careful since having that issue would be incredibly embarrassing.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33005 on: October 17, 2019, 02:34:59 pm »

A thought, I wonder if they'd add in a cost for bedbug removal? Given the accusation of bedbugs, they'll probably want to be extra careful since having that issue would be incredibly embarrassing.

Let's be real here, they'll somehow try to spin bedbugs as good business practice.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33006 on: October 17, 2019, 04:38:33 pm »

There's now a deal with Turkey. Basically, the US gives Turkey everything they want, and in return Turkey won't have sanctions imposed on them. Ladies and gentlemen: "The Art of the Deal".

Trump also made a point of calling Turkey's president a "Strong man" and how close their relationship is, which kind of feeds into the impression of Trump having a strongman fetish. I heard it on the radio, so no link.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33007 on: October 17, 2019, 05:05:56 pm »

There's now a deal with Turkey. Basically, the US gives Turkey everything they want, and in return Turkey won't have sanctions imposed on them. Ladies and gentlemen: "The Art of the Deal".

Trump also made a point of calling Turkey's president a "Strong man" and how close their relationship is, which kind of feeds into the impression of Trump having a strongman fetish. I heard it on the radio, so no link.

Nothing says strong leader more than arresting people for criticizing your invasion.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33008 on: October 17, 2019, 05:12:32 pm »

Nothing says strong leader more than arresting people for criticizing your invasion.
[sarcasm]of course, practicing on your citizens will prepare your troops for invasions [/sarcasm]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33009 on: October 17, 2019, 05:35:42 pm »

It also kind of sounds like the Syrian government and the Kurds (who are both the defenders here) weren't even consulted on the cease fire (which the Turkish government insists on calling a 'pause in operations', which is exactly the same thing really).

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33010 on: October 17, 2019, 07:40:54 pm »

Personally I don't think Trump can parse things when there isn't a Strong-man you can name that represents the group. Maybe because of his business background combined with being senile. If there was some larger-than-life guy called El Kurdo that Trump could call on the phone and make agreements about the Kurds things may have gone differently.

Trump sees any sort of consultative thing as weakness and thus not worth partnering with. So when you try and contact a leader and are told there are a number of people who must be consulted about the decision, that's a red flag in Trump's mind. Throw them to the wind, and find a different "business partner" who's easy to deal with. In this case, fascist dictators.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 07:45:43 pm by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33011 on: October 17, 2019, 08:10:25 pm »

We need to get Syrian Lannister on the phone.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33012 on: October 17, 2019, 08:21:55 pm »

Personally I don't think Trump can parse things when there isn't a Strong-man you can name that represents the group. Maybe because of his business background combined with being senile. If there was some larger-than-life guy called El Kurdo that Trump could call on the phone and make agreements about the Kurds things may have gone differently.

Trump sees any sort of consultative thing as weakness and thus not worth partnering with. So when you try and contact a leader and are told there are a number of people who must be consulted about the decision, that's a red flag in Trump's mind. Throw them to the wind, and find a different "business partner" who's easy to deal with. In this case, fascist dictators.

In this case, it looks like the only thing the US got out of it was Trump enjoying some ass kissing. I hope this doesn't embolden Erdogan because I could see him deciding that he needs more 'safety zone' and pulling the same trick on Trump.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33013 on: October 17, 2019, 11:21:42 pm »

If there was some larger-than-life guy called El Kurdo that Trump could call on the phone and make agreements about the Kurds things may have gone differently.

I know it's a little fucked up to laugh about something like this, but I did it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33014 on: October 18, 2019, 04:35:13 am »

The news is that there's still fighting after the "ceasefire". Which is no surprise when you didn't consult one of the sides that's fighting whatsoever.

EDIT: also to the point is that the Turks are employing militias which aren't part of the Turkish armed forces. Even if the Turkish armed forces pull back and Syria leaves them alone, Syria is still going to use the opportunity to crush the enemy militias.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 04:37:56 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 2199 2200 [2201] 2202 2203 ... 3515