Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3581564 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #33900 on: January 02, 2020, 05:43:58 pm »

It's not illegal to buy the ingredients and mix your own vape juice. It's just illegal to buy it in the form that most of the big tobacco/e-cig brands are selling it in.
Anyone who really wants to will still get their fruity flavor and their nicotine juice, mix it and put it in a refillable machine.

Actually, this ban specifically exempts large tank-based vaporizers and their consumables, so no mixing will be necessary. People can just buy a jug of unicorn poop and pour it into their reusable cig pods.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #33901 on: January 02, 2020, 10:02:10 pm »

Aw fuck here we gooooooo
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33902 on: January 02, 2020, 10:06:10 pm »

I'm definitely going to get assaulted correctly predicting how the fuckin WAR WITH IRAN goes. Looks like the Ghost of John McCain will have his due after all.

Choo choo, American Empire on a first-class ticket to hell!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33903 on: January 02, 2020, 10:22:33 pm »

For those who don't know what MSH is talking about, US forces launched several airstrikes in retaliation for the recent attack on the US embassy in Baghdad, which in turn were retaliation for the deaths of 25 pro-Iranian militia who were allegedly behind rocket attacks that killed one American last Friday. The most prominent figure killed was Qasem Soleimani, commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard's Qud brigade, which is officially in charge of backing military operations in non Iranian territory - Solemaini himself was instrumental in the formation of Hezbollah, the formation of the Syrian National Defence Forces (a pro-government milita), and the war against ISIS in Iraq. Not only was Qasem Soleimani one of the top two or three people in the Iranian military, he was reportedly a close personal friend of Grand Ayatollah Khamenei.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33904 on: January 02, 2020, 10:45:55 pm »

Trump's administration has issued a ban on e-cigarettes, effective for all flavors except Menthol and Tobacco.

First of all, I recognize that many people, including children, have gotten sick and died in connection with vaping. If a ban is deemed necessary until research can be done to ensure that these products are safe, I wholeheartedly support such measures.

The measures are stupid.

We already know the entire reason there was a spate of illness and death.

The entire problem came from illegal THC vape makers using Vitamin E Acetate to thicken the oil so they could cut it but make it look more pure. The only reason that substance was used was because it has a similar appearance and viscosity to pure THC oil. As soon as it became apparent what the problem was, the main company importing the Vitamin E Acetate and marketing it as a cutting agent shut themselves down and basically the problem ended. So the stuff that killed those people is already off the market.

People have been vaping for years, but these hospitalization and deaths all occurred in a very specific time-frame: basically they ramped up after the company Honey Cut started becoming really successful marketing their THC-thickening agent. The real customers were illegal vape sellers who wanted to trick consumers that their bootleg THC vapes were pure shit, not diluted to hell. Making stuff illegal doesn't help with this.

This is just an excuse to ban rivals to cigarettes.

"Until the product is safe" is also pretty weird. They're replacing an extremely unsafe option: cigarettes, which have a very high known death rate. E-cigarettes don't need to be 100% safe, they just need a lower aggregate death rate than regular cigarettes.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 10:59:31 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33905 on: January 03, 2020, 12:21:06 am »

Not only was Qasem Soleimani one of the top two or three people in the Iranian military, he was reportedly a close personal friend of Grand Ayatollah Khamenei.
I've heard it summarized that the guy was basically what you'd get if you combined pence and mattis for the US, and we just murdered 'im. Can't see this going well :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33906 on: January 03, 2020, 12:43:29 am »

Huh. This changes things, depending on how things work out. Starting a war in the Middle East in an election year would be a considerably stupid move. Depending on Iran's actions (and who sides with who), this might also accelerate the economic destabilization timeline. Or not.

Will have to wait and see how this week works out. Things are getting... interesting.

Also, to steal a quote from an article just written:

This doesn’t mean war, it will not lead to war, and it doesn’t risk war. None of that. It is war.

Looks like you've pasted your link wrong.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #33907 on: January 03, 2020, 02:35:10 am »

Well, all aboard the Interesting Times Express, I suppose.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33908 on: January 03, 2020, 03:22:57 am »

Remember: Poor kids are just as smart and as talented as white kids, and deserve the same opportunities!

Choose truth over facts!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33909 on: January 03, 2020, 03:26:02 am »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33910 on: January 03, 2020, 03:28:03 am »

I thought that was Sean Connery at first glance...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33911 on: January 03, 2020, 03:41:59 am »

Meanwhile, back at the senate..
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/devastating-blow-schumer-says-newly-unredacted-emails-show-why-senate-n1109641

See, this is why conspiracy theories that assert long lived conspiracies exist are nonsense.  Here, we have an actual conspiracy to withhold aid from Uktraine in exchange for election tampering activities, and it's unravelling fast. 

We are also bearing witness to an open-conspiracy between senate GOP leadership and the white-house to suppress due process.  This is not meant to embolden such nonsense, but to point out that conspiracy must eventually come to light, and the scope of the conspiracy (in terms of people involved) determines how quickly that happens.  Since basically half the damn senate is involved in the latter one, it's open right from the damn start.

We have some brazen fuckers in government right now.  Why do we keep electing them again?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33912 on: January 03, 2020, 08:38:24 am »

I thought that was Sean Connery at first glance...
Im pretty sure is actually him, Sean Connery was only one of the many faces and personas used by this guy in his operations all over the planet.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33913 on: January 03, 2020, 08:39:17 am »

Huh. This changes things, depending on how things work out. Starting a war in the Middle East in an election year would be a considerably stupid move.

It worked out well for Bush. He had a poor approval rating, but the narrative of not changing leadership during wartime got him re-elected, and improved his approval rating.

We have some brazen fuckers in government right now.  Why do we keep electing them again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duopoly

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33914 on: January 03, 2020, 09:18:35 am »

So, my question is if Putin or Russia get anything out of this.  Is there anything they get out of it?  Sales of weapons to Iran?  Isn't Iran allied to Russia?
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 ... 3513