Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2265 2266 [2267] 2268 2269 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3535192 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #33990 on: January 11, 2020, 09:57:21 pm »

Track drift chicken.

... could swear there's something like that made into an anime or manga. Racing parody with trains. Couldn't even begin to guess what it was called, though.

Densha de D
Spoiler: multi-track drifting! (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33991 on: January 11, 2020, 10:30:51 pm »

Seems Trudeau has a suspicion the shooting down of the plane by Iran may not be as accidental as they claim, and wants a full proper investigation with investigators, outside Iran, being allowed in to look

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/questions-must-be-answered-justin-trudeau-vows-government-will-get-answers-over-iran-plane-crash/news-story/bf5747e7d01d10633d3391d74e741258

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33992 on: January 11, 2020, 11:17:40 pm »

The cycle. Pure. Infertile.
The Train of War forever running
powered by the blood of passengers fighting
the cars they ride may be lost or changed,
however the blood of battle is always flowing

Some cars expand to gain more power
Taking parts from others, the citizens dour
Smaller cars may be no more
Used as scrap for the large empires

Large empires with too much land
Begin to spread their armies thin
Unable to maintain control
Dissent begins growing from within

Dissenters begin forming factions
Differing goals warrant violent actions
What was once whole is forever split
The pieces now will never fit

Large cars break into smaller ones
The smaller cars will form alliances
There may be a peaceful legacy
Cut short by someone power hungry
did you write this or is it from somewhere?
I wrote it. What do you think of it?
I quite enjoy it

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33993 on: January 12, 2020, 12:17:55 am »

The Train of War forever running
powered by the blood of passengers fighting
the cars they ride may be lost or changed,
however the blood of battle is always flowing

Some cars expand to gain more power
Taking parts from others, the citizens dour
Smaller cars may be no more
Used as scrap for the large empires

Large empires with too much land
Begin to spread their armies thin
Unable to maintain control
Dissent begins growing from within

Dissenters begin forming factions
Differing goals warrant violent actions
What was once whole is forever split
The pieces now will never fit

Large cars break into smaller ones
The smaller cars will form alliances
There may be a peaceful legacy
Cut short by someone power hungry
did you write this or is it from somewhere?
I wrote it. What do you think of it?
I quite enjoy it
Thank you. Ever since I took Intro to Western Civilizations I noticed a similar pattern throughout history. I am honestly not sure why my brain came up with the train but I had this thought for about a year, maybe more. The mind can do interesting things. Maybe I should quote the poem and get it into the Creative Works Thread, wherever that may be. I might make more poems since this one turned out good

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33994 on: January 12, 2020, 12:25:38 am »

Hello deviant!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33995 on: January 12, 2020, 07:48:34 am »

Yeah Naturegirl, that poem is really excellent. It has a powerful flow and theme and feeling to it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33996 on: January 14, 2020, 05:43:27 am »

I see that the press is very desperate to smear Sanders.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/politics/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-meeting/index.html

If the best they can come up with, is what sounds (to me at least) like a polite meeting where they discuss what is best for their movement, and Sanders points out that sexism is a thing in politics--- TWO YEARS AGO--- while Biden cant say two words without getting his foot shoved so far into his mouth in yet another gaffe that you wonder how the man is able to walk to the damn podium....  Then I think that speaks fucking volumes about the man.

But of course, the media fucking hates him, because he's the antichrist or something.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33997 on: January 14, 2020, 07:32:20 am »

I'm starting to get the impression that there is not really a convincing enough challenger to the current President.  The new options are so lackluster (either in fact or because of media effects) that people may very well just decide to stick with what they know, rather than what they don't know.  :-\

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33998 on: January 14, 2020, 08:05:30 am »

I'm starting to get the impression that there is not really a convincing enough challenger to the current President.  The new options are so lackluster (either in fact or because of media effects) that people may very well just decide to stick with what they know, rather than what they don't know.  :-\
Oh, Bernie and Warren are fine, and Bernie is polling slightly above Biden right now.

Also, there are several news sites that have been consistently criticizing Biden even as they send occasional mean articles to Bernie, so there's actually some media presence against the Bidenator.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33999 on: January 14, 2020, 08:16:38 am »

For me personally, they all feel like voting for someone just because they are not someone else. Not because I actually like their proposals*.  This is probably why the have the phrase voter fatigue.

*I like the goals of the policies, but I think the proposals themselves are flawed.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34000 on: January 14, 2020, 08:32:11 am »

But of course, the media fucking hates him, because he's the antichrist or something.

Because he's the only one the rich owners of those media empires actually fear at least a little bit.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34001 on: January 14, 2020, 09:56:12 am »

For the record, Warren has now persuaded me to Bernie or Bust. These cynical scumbags are trying their hardest to throw the election, so if they won't accept a candidate with a chance of ending Trumpworld to play dirty smears: Fuck em.

It's not my problem anymore if Bernie doesn't win the primary. Objectively, nothing will change between two dying old men and a CIA asset. The neolibs can lose without my name, and the blood will be on their hands. I will go to ground, save the people I can save, and watch the fires come.

Last chance, America.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34002 on: January 14, 2020, 10:08:18 am »

For me personally, they all feel like voting for someone just because they are not someone else. Not because I actually like their proposals*.  This is probably why the have the phrase voter fatigue.

*I like the goals of the policies, but I think the proposals themselves are flawed.

There are also a lot of people who treat politics as a team sport, where the important thing is that their side wins at all costs. They don't even consider that people literally die over their choices, because that wasn't their intention or something they want to have to think about. That's why electability is more of an issue than health care, wars, or not doing genocide.

Remember that Obama was a great president, because he was on their side. Sure, he agreed that we should assassinate our own citizens, built and filled concentration camps, continued destabilizing the Middle East, and made sure corporations are more important than humans. But more importantly, he had a (D) after his name.

That's the difference between liberals and leftists. Liberals just want their team to win. Leftists actually want to use politics and life/death choices to change the world in ways that hopefully make it better.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34004 on: January 14, 2020, 11:36:40 am »

You know what will get the government our phone data much faster? Making them integral to elections......
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 2265 2266 [2267] 2268 2269 ... 3511