Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2275 2276 [2277] 2278 2279 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533361 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34140 on: January 17, 2020, 04:31:45 pm »

I mean, race is bullshit anyways, we're homo sapiens sapiens and lots of us have some neandertalensis and denisova mixed in.
Also I think it's kinda sad we don't have any non sapiens bros to chill out with. Losing neanderthals and floriensis was a mistake

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34141 on: January 17, 2020, 04:41:11 pm »

My first thought was that it's probably for the best they were killed off before human civilization got to have its fun with them.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34142 on: January 17, 2020, 04:56:33 pm »

You know probably doesn't think race is bullshit?

All those other early branches of humanity we killed off through competition.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34143 on: January 17, 2020, 05:03:21 pm »

You know probably doesn't think race is bullshit?

All those other early branches of humanity we killed off through competition.
How disappointing must it be to be wiped out by a species that eats laundry detergent out of boredom

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34144 on: January 17, 2020, 05:04:39 pm »

i will not be denied the fruits of the detergent tree
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #34145 on: January 17, 2020, 05:08:31 pm »

A crow watches from its perch, wondering how these idiot apes got as far as they did.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #34146 on: January 17, 2020, 06:12:49 pm »

I suppose you could say I'm Trans-Siberian.
but are you an orchestra

do you have one of those drum/accordion/etc. things you strap on your back

Was going to say this

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34147 on: January 17, 2020, 08:40:48 pm »

I mean, race is bullshit anyways, we're homo sapiens sapiens and lots of us have some neandertalensis and denisova mixed in.
Also I think it's kinda sad we don't have any non sapiens bros to chill out with. Losing neanderthals and floriensis was a mistake
It's goddamn lonely, and why I'm a huge advocate for extending sapient rights to anything that could rightfully claim it, parrots, cetaceans, cephalopods, elephants, and our cousin apes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34148 on: January 17, 2020, 08:52:35 pm »

It's goddamn lonely, and why I'm a huge advocate for extending sapient rights to anything that could rightfully claim it, parrots, cetaceans, cephalopods, elephants, and our cousin apes.
And AI
I agree. Intelligence is not a human only trait. Intelligences, whether their bodies are organic or not, should be given rights

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34149 on: January 17, 2020, 10:01:55 pm »

And AI
I agree. Intelligence is not a human only trait. Intelligences, whether their bodies are organic or not, should be given rights
"Should" - bleeding over from the ex-Christian thread discussion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34150 on: January 17, 2020, 10:40:37 pm »

And AI
"Should" - bleeding over from the ex-Christian thread discussion!
How is this bleeding over? Loud Whispers said that rights should be extended to anything that could claim it. I mentioned that I agree, and that AI could claim them.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34151 on: January 17, 2020, 10:51:26 pm »

And pragmatic rationale applies.

In the case of AI rights its to help prevent the creation of skynet and terminators. :)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34152 on: January 17, 2020, 11:56:04 pm »

Actually I said that they should extend, and yes, when an AI is able to do so it should apply.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34153 on: January 18, 2020, 08:32:55 am »

Only if they CLAIM IT THROUGH BLOOD
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34154 on: January 18, 2020, 08:44:24 am »

Only if they CLAIM IT THROUGH BLOOD
Or hemolymph?
Or electricity?
You think they claim rights if they have s circulatory system or equivalent? What is meant by this?
Pages: 1 ... 2275 2276 [2277] 2278 2279 ... 3511