Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2282 2283 [2284] 2285 2286 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3596718 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34245 on: January 25, 2020, 11:48:45 am »

I completely agree with Metal in this election.

Warren is the only other one that would even have a chance of excising Trump, but it's a much lower chance, especially after her little backstabbing debacle. Sanders is the only logical choice if your goal is to take the Presidency from Trump. And frankly, I haven't found a policy coming from Sanders that I hate.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34246 on: January 25, 2020, 12:30:00 pm »

It would be nice if there was a left wing party (better if they didn't exist at all). Having choices that are "employers/companies should be able to rip you off constantly, and also we're going to use our authority to start killing people" and "no, they should be able to rip you off constantly, and also we're going to keep killing people" sucks.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #34247 on: January 25, 2020, 02:28:30 pm »

Well, Bernie has reliably voted against the wars.

The onion reveals the hearbreak of politics.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 02:42:27 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34248 on: January 25, 2020, 08:47:29 pm »

So Trump sent a team of lawyers (a term I use loosely at best) and they appear to have watched Schiff deliver a master class in how to make a case, so they are now going to attack it by noting that "well technically none of these people who were there have been heard" and that accordingly means they haven't been cross-examined... so they're arguing against calling witnesses by noting witnesses haven't been called and can't be questioned if they haven't been called?

It's a bold strategy, let's see how it plays out.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34249 on: January 25, 2020, 08:56:02 pm »

So, I heard Clinton came in swinging at Sanders.
The establishment is going in on our boy.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34250 on: January 25, 2020, 09:28:57 pm »

So Trump sent a team of lawyers (a term I use loosely at best) and they appear to have watched Schiff deliver a master class in how to make a case, so they are now going to attack it by noting that "well technically none of these people who were there have been heard" and that accordingly means they haven't been cross-examined... so they're arguing against calling witnesses by noting witnesses haven't been called and can't be questioned if they haven't been called?

I honestly thought there was some small, but not insignificant chance for them to simply walk in, say "President Trump did nothing wrong." rest their case and leave. I'm a little bit sad they weren't THAT bold.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34251 on: January 25, 2020, 09:43:01 pm »

That would've been hilarious.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34252 on: January 26, 2020, 03:19:48 am »

They kinda were.

Their case is literally:

Schumer is a bad man who hates the president (literally an ad-hominem to distract from the FUCKING EPIC FUCKTON of evidence that was raining down for 3 days), and so you should not listen.

No new witnesses were called, so this process should end without calling any more (as stated by others.  This is literally based apriori on the assertion without evidence that the president is at no fault; I guess if they think happy thoughts they can fly to neverland too.)

The president did nothing wrong.

"If you acquit, you don't have to stay here longer. You don't REALLY want to sit here for almost a month facing this single issue, do you? Honest-- we have your interests in mind Senators-- Just acquit."

"We rest our case."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:22:07 am by wierd »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34253 on: January 26, 2020, 07:22:43 am »

Incidentally, guys, don't go full berniebro... it's goddamn ridiculous that ANYONE would ever consider going from Bernie to one of the shitty third party candidates last time... but the fact that some of them went over to Trump in a hissyfit instead of Clinton is one of the most goddamn embarrassing parts of that whole fucking fiasco.

You could almost forgive the morons believing his shit because their facebook and fox news bubble doesn't have enough oxygen for proper brain function, just farts and lies circulating endlessly... but anybody who went in hard for bernie should goddamn know better.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34254 on: January 26, 2020, 07:32:53 am »

"My way or the highway" is the path which leads to becoming roadkill~
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34255 on: January 26, 2020, 09:29:47 am »

Speaking of knowing better, here we see the sense of entitlement and scold that lost Mother the 2016 election, just like I told you all she would.

You're wasting your time. The hard work Bernie and his campaign have done to bring in new blood to the Democratic coalition which Republicans have demonstrably outmaneuvered and sufficiently suppressed doesn't belong to the DNC, and no shit it isn't going to transfer to them. If the DNC were here to win instead of to eternally exist and sometimes accidentally enter office, they'd have already adopted Berniecrat policies. Instead, Tom Perez is already filling their offices with anti-Bernie figures, before we've even had one damned vote.

The new people who have signed on have left their apathy because Bernie's message brought them out of that apathy. You don't get their loyalty. You get them if the message that is put out is one that makes them believe a change in politics is possible. And Bernie has focused with laser-precision on that population because they can completely overturn Republican dominance if they're willing to offer their support. You know, like a real fucking politician?

You want to throw the election again? I promise you will, going that way. Even if Trump fucks up bad enough, it'll just be a half-dead Biden with a Republican Congress holding the chair as the Earth burns. There's nothing any of us can do to get the support of the people who decided that "Nobody" shouldn't get a consecutive 200th term if not for Bernie. The other candidates have made themselves damned clear on that much.

Don't complain about it. Accept it. A vote for anybody but Bernie, including his majesty Nobody Esq, is a vote for Trump.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34256 on: January 26, 2020, 10:00:22 am »

Incidentally, guys, don't go full berniebro... it's goddamn ridiculous that ANYONE would ever consider going from Bernie to one of the shitty third party candidates last time... but the fact that some of them went over to Trump in a hissyfit instead of Clinton is one of the most goddamn embarrassing parts of that whole fucking fiasco.

You could almost forgive the morons believing his shit because their facebook and fox news bubble doesn't have enough oxygen for proper brain function, just farts and lies circulating endlessly... but anybody who went in hard for bernie should goddamn know better.

I was one of those voters, Max. And I stand by my choice. Clinton's campaign was disgusting. Her whole career has been disgusting. And given the way the DNC shoved her down everyone's throats, I could not vote for her as president. I didn't vote for Trump either. He's the only thing more disgusting than she was in 2016. But just be careful about who you call out.

There is a difference though, we have more choices this year and we have the benefit of hindsight. In 2016 we didn't know what a Trump presidency would look like. Now we do.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34257 on: January 26, 2020, 10:36:12 am »

I voted for Jill Stein.  Not because I thought she was an especially great candidate, but because I thought that making my support for Green politics show up in statistics would be more meaningful to my political priorities than voting for Hillary.

And I stand by my choice, too.  I'll say it as many times as I need to.  If there's going to be a villain in office, make them obvious, please.  Aside from toning down the warmongering and corruption just a little bit, Obama otherwise mostly carried on with all the same things Bush did, and successfully lulled his base into trusting complacency at the same time.  Meanwhile, since Trump took office, I've witnessed by far the greatest political consciousness and motivation among the general populace ever in the 20 years I've been paying attention to politics.  And frankly, he hasn't actually accomplished anything worse than what Bush did besides being more personally unlikable.  A fine trade-off, imo.

If you look at history, everything good that's ever happened has happened when enough people got involved in energized movements.  If we had Hillary instead of Trump, I absolutely believe that the era of complacency would have continued.  Everything that's been getting worse over the past 20 years would have continued to get worse, with hardly anyone paying attention just as it had been.  Above all, we would have wasted another 4 years of our deadline on the environment.

The DNC can learn to actually stand for the things it claims to, or it can die.  We have real movements now like never before, and the likes of Hillary and Obama are more of a threat to them than Trump is.  Obama has stated multiple times that if it looks like Bernie's going to get the nomination that he will personally step up to make sure that doesn't happen.  Fuck these people.  They're our enemies just as much as Republicans.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34258 on: January 26, 2020, 10:54:25 am »

Pretty sure they were referring to the House's witnesses. Sondland, Yovanovitch, et al.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34259 on: January 26, 2020, 11:39:25 am »

How would Obama prevent the nomination?
Pages: 1 ... 2282 2283 [2284] 2285 2286 ... 3515