Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 [2313] 2314 2315 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3592844 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34680 on: February 09, 2020, 05:48:29 pm »

Normal politics in normal Denmark

They just haven't made things BIG enough yet. NOT BIG NOT AMERICAN

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34681 on: February 09, 2020, 06:58:44 pm »

Normal politics in normal Denmark

They just haven't made things BIG enough yet. NOT BIG NOT AMERICAN

put greenland up for auction i dare u
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34682 on: February 10, 2020, 04:41:31 am »

put greenland up for auction i dare u
would u accept legoland instead

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34683 on: February 10, 2020, 05:04:17 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:07:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34684 on: February 10, 2020, 08:11:50 am »

Or was Clinton playing 11D chess and using people's hatred of her and her opinions to boost Bernie?

Maybe we'll never know for sure.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34685 on: February 10, 2020, 09:25:26 am »

I seriously doubt that.

Cliton (spelling intentional) was all in a twist over Sanders beating her on the popular side of the 2016 primaries to the point of having a cow over it.  She only got the nomination because of the superdelegates, and it was so pathetically obvious, that the DNC had to change the rules to save face.

It's happening again this year, and they ALREADY want to reneg on the rule changes, because it makes their little bitch asses hurt.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34686 on: February 10, 2020, 09:37:47 am »

I didn't understand at all the Democrat primaries, and couldn't find out who actually won.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34687 on: February 10, 2020, 09:45:36 am »

I didn't understand at all the Democrat primaries, and couldn't find out who actually won.

Yeah, that's probably intentional. They created a sketchy phone app for voting that is somehow less reliable than machine voting (which has very many known security issues that are easily abused). They also counted the votes 3 different ways, with different results, so they could choose the results they liked best.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34688 on: February 10, 2020, 10:08:12 am »

IIRC Iowa was a tie between Buttgreg and Sanders, each got like 26% of the vote.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34689 on: February 10, 2020, 10:15:52 am »

No, they were each given 26% of the State Delegate Equivalents, which is an insane and meaningless metric. Buttigieg was later given two extra real delegates because...? And Sanders won the actual vote in both rounds.

But that's all kind of irrelevant because the election is now very decidedly disputed, three different campaigns have called for rencanvass, and what really needs to happen is a full recount since the Iowa Democratic Party is refusing to correct their proven math errors in over a hundred locations for anything less.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34690 on: February 10, 2020, 10:45:45 am »

I sense much fear in you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34691 on: February 10, 2020, 11:03:21 am »

was all in a twist over Sanders beating her on the popular side of the 2016 primaries to the point of having a cow over it.  She only got the nomination because of the superdelegates, and it was so pathetically obvious, that the DNC had to change the rules to save face.

It's happening again this year, and they ALREADY want to reneg on the rule changes
Indirectly, sure.  Superdelegates were often counted (accurately) by the news as being locked-in for Clinton, which gave her that f'd up notion of "momentum" and "lead" which evidently makes a huge difference.  I'm astounded that it does so in a 2-person race, but it obviously does.

And that might be a significant factor as to why Sanders LOST the popular vote 43% to 55%.
That manufactured "lead" could be why people voted for Clinton in sufficient numbers that she got 2263 delegates to Sanders 1822 (going off these numbers), 55% of the delegates between them, if all superdelegates had abstained.

The DNC had a clear preference, which is their prerogative.  Nothing is stopping a Republican (or independent, cough) from "becoming Democrat" and running in their primary except for these very mechanisms we saw in 2016.  They're a bunch of classically-liberal corporate shills being *infiltrated* by progressive candidates, which is amazing and OUR ONLY HOPE AS A NATION/PLANET.  But the organization has a right to resist it, just as they would resist being infiltrated by fascist populism (crazy example I know :'( )

Influencing their primary vote is valid and important, even though they're disastrously misguided and largely corrupt.  As long as they do so legally...

But, were the actual caucuses and votes fairly held?  I think they're highly suspect, and what I'm seeing in 2020 has destroyed the considerable sympathy I still had for Buttigieg.  In the wake of such controversy the DNC needed to win back public trust with transparency and fair dealing.  FOR THEIR OWN SAKE.  Instead things look fishy as fuck, and it's not the fault of Sanders supporters.  The uncontested facts just look shady, and that's awful.

This is Epstein-"suicide" levels of bad PR.  It doesn't matter whether it's incompetence or corruption, people will legitimately assume the latter.  And neither are good!
The DNC game of running ineffectual corporate shills only works as long as they're promising real change, which requires trust.  They've spent all that trust.  Trump vs Biden doesn't inspire hope in people.  The DNC have to go against their values and choose a progressive candidate, it's the only winning option for them.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #34692 on: February 10, 2020, 01:15:46 pm »

Very well put. I've had similar thoughts in a number of ways. It leads me to wonder what will happen if the Democrats fail to defeat Trump. If they pick Pete or Joe, could there really be a party fracture? And if they pick Bernie and still lose (for any reason,) what then? It would be crazy to see the democrats go from Obama to disintegration in eight years, but looking at the field...

Then there's the Republicans. I do wonder how the party will survive post-Trump. Will the trumpers fall in line? Or are they the party now?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34693 on: February 10, 2020, 01:23:25 pm »

I keep wondering how much the next round of Republican candidates will try to emulate him.  Part of me hopes they'll move on to something more normal after him, but I'm expecting at least a few candidates to show up who are openly awful yet lack the black magic that Trump employs to get people to like him despite it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34694 on: February 10, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »

-
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 10:34:16 pm by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 [2313] 2314 2315 ... 3515