Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2314 2315 [2316] 2317 2318 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3594061 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34725 on: February 11, 2020, 07:11:28 pm »

Can you demonstrate that Michael "Throw Black Kids Against The Wall" Bloomberg had name recognition with an articulated opinion higher than Bernie or Biden before this 200 million dollar ad-bomb campaign started? Because I find it pretty doubtful.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #34726 on: February 11, 2020, 07:16:12 pm »

@Lord Shonus, On the contrary, I think Bloomberg is trying to sabotage the Democrats by running an anti-gun campaign in purple states, knowing that this will energize the semi-trumpers who care more about guns than about anything else.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34727 on: February 11, 2020, 07:18:41 pm »

I still don’t know how he managed to get three terms here.
Power of having the endorsement of Lodesa Emone
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34728 on: February 11, 2020, 07:39:13 pm »

Here's a big deal for you all.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+sum+HB961

Assault weapons banned in VA unless you've got a permit before July 1st.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34729 on: February 11, 2020, 07:56:38 pm »

Has bloomshit even gotten any endorsements or anything from the DNC side things? Last I paid attention he was entirely self-funding and basically fucking anyone can call themselves democrat and run as one.

Though apparently he also is the one currently doing best in head to head polling vs trump, because reality hates all of us or something I guess.

He's donated shitloads of money to the DNC and Democrat PACs recently, and, coincidentally, the DNC changed their rules in the middle of the primary season in a way that would specifically allow Bloomberg onto the debate stage with other candidates officially recognized by the DNC within a week of announcing his campaign.  So no explicit endorsement, but an implicit one in the form of a procedural door opened especially for him.  It's not just an issue of anyone being able to run and call themselves whatever they want.

I think Bloomberg is trying to sabotage the Democrats

Considering his history, I could see this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34730 on: February 11, 2020, 08:03:09 pm »

... wasn't that rules change like supported by sanders and warren and so on? Iirc the most progressive folks involved were plenty cheerful to have a giant racist billionaire target sitting on stage with them.

E: Though in brighter news, apparently Biden has just flat left NH where current primary info is suggesting he basically got fukkin' rekt.

Less great news on that front, the current top three seem to be sanders (which is okay), with pete in spitting distance of him and friggin' klobuchar in a near-ish third. That the pete/klob vote would squish sanders is... less than encouraging :-\

Still room for change on that front, though, there's only like 15% of the vote in or summat.

E2: oh, and yang's dropped out
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:09:48 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34731 on: February 11, 2020, 08:12:53 pm »

... wasn't that rules change like supported by sanders and warren and so on? Iirc the most progressive folks involved were plenty cheerful to have a giant racist billionaire target sitting on stage with them.

I thought I'd seen Warren and Sanders both criticize it heavily.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34732 on: February 11, 2020, 08:15:15 pm »

Yang Gang is done.
He’s dropping out
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34733 on: February 11, 2020, 08:22:52 pm »

Yang has indeed called it partway through the NH count. Bizarrely, both he and Gabbard are holding at 3%. I hope the Yang Gang makes their way over to Bernie, as some data has suggested they might.

Bernie is about 3000 votes ahead of Buttigieg with a fifth of the votes counted. The Klob trails Buttigieg by only 1000 votes from a tie at the start, stapler clacking ever louder.

Biden and Warren appear to be crashing into the sea with all hands at the moment - neither have broken 10%.

91 people voted for Deval Patrick, making me question my sanity.

Nerve-wracking night all around.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34734 on: February 11, 2020, 08:23:43 pm »

I'unno, I could be thinking something else. Pretty sure there was some kind of rules change benefiting bloomshit they were on board with, tho'. Hell if I got the energy to look it back up right now.

Any case, Biden's getting stepped on, so yay. Increasingly likely for there to be one less racist old man in the race :P
Ask not!
Ask!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34735 on: February 11, 2020, 08:26:10 pm »

I'unno, I could be thinking something else. Pretty sure there was some kind of rules change benefiting bloomshit they were on board with, tho'. Hell if I got the energy to look it back up right now.

Any case, Biden's getting stepped on, so yay. Increasingly likely for there to be one less racist old man in the race :P

I am really relieved that Biden is getting stomped.  I just hope that his supposedly heavy support in the south is cracked by this weak early showing.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34736 on: February 11, 2020, 08:39:28 pm »

oh hey bennet's done

wait who?

bennet

?
Ask not!
Ask!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34737 on: February 11, 2020, 08:47:27 pm »

@Lord Shonus, On the contrary, I think Bloomberg is trying to sabotage the Democrats by running an anti-gun campaign in purple states, knowing that this will energize the semi-trumpers who care more about guns than about anything else.

Possible, but unlikely. Most of the people who would be heavily influenced by that are already in the "vote hard R" camp even when they despise the party's stance on most other issues. Pro-gun Democrats are already in the "vote for the least bad candidate on the issue" camp.

Here's a big deal for you all.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+sum+HB961

Assault weapons banned in VA unless you've got a permit before July 1st.

That's only passed the House, and hasn't gotten through the senate yet. If it makes it to the state Senate floor, it will die if two Democrats vote against it. One Democrat has already sworn on a stack of Bibles that he will vote against any such legislation without exception. There's a lot of rumor that most of the House membership wanted to let it die in committee, but Governor Blackface got out and shoved hard.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34738 on: February 11, 2020, 08:48:25 pm »

One thing that worries me is how badly the polls are doing for certain candidates. Makes me wonder about the general election polling and how good those numbers showing each candidate vs. Trump would be.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34739 on: February 11, 2020, 09:08:19 pm »

Can you demonstrate that Michael "Throw Black Kids Against The Wall" Bloomberg had name recognition with an articulated opinion higher than Bernie or Biden before this 200 million dollar ad-bomb campaign started? Because I find it pretty doubtful.

According to this:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-2020-democrats-already-have-a-fan-base-and-which-dont/

Bloomberg was 4th in name recognition behind Biden, Sanders, and Warren, out of a field of 18 then-potentially-viable candidates. This includes Buttgeig and Klobuchar, who are likely to be the 2nd and 3rd place winners in New Hampshire.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 2314 2315 [2316] 2317 2318 ... 3515