Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2315 2316 [2317] 2318 2319 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3535000 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34740 on: February 11, 2020, 09:10:12 pm »

Well, would you look at that? No matter. Bernie will pin him to a wall and send his billions raining down on the people like the end of whatever movie ends with raining money.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34741 on: February 11, 2020, 09:20:26 pm »

I ain't got movies but I got street art.

Spoiler: Feel it (click to show/hide)

It's from the last election, but I believe it's still there. I'll drive by tomorrow and check it out.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #34742 on: February 11, 2020, 09:35:32 pm »

Yakuza ends with a shower of billions of yen.

Yay Bernie.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #34743 on: February 11, 2020, 09:58:55 pm »

Yakuza ends with a shower of billions of yen.

My dad kidnapped himself #yakuza

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34744 on: February 11, 2020, 11:41:34 pm »

This bit stood out to me from CNN's exit polls.  Both as proof of how much the narrative building around Iowa matters, and of the nature of Bernie voters vs everyone else.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34745 on: February 11, 2020, 11:57:56 pm »

New Hampshire has demonstrated that the time is now upon us to unite under Sanders. He is the only candidate with a reasonable path forward. If you give the DNC the chance to screwjob, you will end up with Buttigieg or god fucking forbid Bloomberg. Which actually means a Trump landslide, unless all that fast food suddenly catches up with him.

Follow the voters of NH and elect a candidate who gives a shit about the survival of the human species. We've had a good dozen attempts at an anti-Bernie campaign, and they have all failed to so much as articulate an alternative let alone demonstrate any ability to beat Trump after he goes up on stage and calls them one of any various slurs on national TV.

Forget the nonsense of the past year. There is now clearly only one viable candidate. Pete is so much a flash in the pan borne of anti-Sanders desperation, also he's an empty suit full of void. The Klob, bless her vote splitting heart, is a Republican. Biden, jesus christ. Warren is out of money and out of time. I still don't know why Steyer is here to begin with.

Do not walk a path that ends with Michael Bloomberg's rotten aura hanging over the DNC, Bay 12. Do not do it. I will not forgive.

This is not a gloat post. I barely feel like celebrating anything anymore, even with a hard-won victory, because the stakes will be dealt out in innocent blood.

Bernie 2020, or dust.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34746 on: February 12, 2020, 12:04:26 am »

I am just wondering how buttigeig is getting so much love.

Its an open ended curiosity, it just does not seem to fit for me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34747 on: February 12, 2020, 12:07:24 am »

After Biden went into his surprising though not completely unpredictable flat spin as the center candidate, the media turned Buttigieg into their darling. They pretended he won Iowa and frankly they're pretending he won NH too. Not, I suspect, Plan A. Or even Plan C, for that matter. Fortunately, some wind is out of his sails now that the first two are over - he spent generously in these states.

The corporations will try their hardest to steer voters without total commitment into any non-Sanders candidate who appears vaguely possible. That's been the pattern for the last year, to greater or lesser degrees.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:09:39 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34748 on: February 12, 2020, 12:43:08 am »

Buttigieg has always been pretty likable (except to people who buy into the CIA bullshit conspiracy theories). It's just that nobody thought he had a chance to win. He's pretty inoffensive as far as politicians go, and he's as much of an outsider as you can get without going full on billionaire self funder. It's a good mix.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34749 on: February 12, 2020, 01:28:35 am »

Buttigieg has always been pretty likable (except to people who buy into the CIA bullshit conspiracy theories). It's just that nobody thought he had a chance to win. He's pretty inoffensive as far as politicians go, and he's as much of an outsider as you can get without going full on billionaire self funder. It's a good mix.
Eh, he's the most funded by billionaires tho. I would not call him am outsider by any metric other than not having been in the federal government before.

Also, and this is super notable, he polls at ~0% with black voters. Biden and Bernie stand a better shot against Trump because of their wider appeal in this regard.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34750 on: February 12, 2020, 01:42:01 am »

Buttigieg. Huh huh huh huh
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34751 on: February 12, 2020, 05:16:53 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:07:30 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34752 on: February 12, 2020, 05:31:29 am »

Sooo... Broke, Woke, and Snoke?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34753 on: February 12, 2020, 05:59:49 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:07:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34754 on: February 12, 2020, 08:42:46 am »

I ain't got movies but I got street art.

Spoiler: Feel it (click to show/hide)

It's from the last election, but I believe it's still there. I'll drive by tomorrow and check it out.

I never knew a man could remain so positive while suffering from boneitis.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 2315 2316 [2317] 2318 2319 ... 3511