Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2350 2351 [2352] 2353 2354 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3534888 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35265 on: March 06, 2020, 02:10:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
did this primary show that maybe letting white people vote first is not a great idea?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35266 on: March 06, 2020, 02:26:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
did this primary show that maybe letting white people vote first is not a great idea?
Where does this say anything about skin color?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35267 on: March 06, 2020, 02:52:14 pm »

Iowa and New Hampshire proportionally have less people of color than most of the nation, including the Super Tuesday states.  It's a big difference which partly explains Biden's Super Tuesday surge. He has particular support among black people, generally ascribed to "electability" and his time with Obama.

Also "mayo states" means the predominantly white states, but it's a pejorative phrasing.

Edit: I do agree that having those caucuses so early is bizarre and has real effects on the later primaries due to "momentum" and such.  It seems like an obvious ploy to make Iowa and New Hampshire more relevant, but it's how it is I guess.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:55:45 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35268 on: March 06, 2020, 04:31:50 pm »

I'm not even sure why Dutch is frenetic about the american election, given that he is, afair, as Dutch as his name suggests
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35269 on: March 06, 2020, 05:00:01 pm »

I'm not even sure why Dutch is frenetic about the american election, given that he is, afair, as Dutch as his name suggests
possibly because depending on who we get as president is also commander of the military, and would have effects on how the USA interacts with other nations. I am not a Political Studies person, I am just guessing here

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35270 on: March 06, 2020, 05:39:12 pm »

Yea he may be concerned about (insert trump nickname here) declaring war on the entire world in order to make america first by making america only and afterwards sending anyone without an origonal US birth certificate that isn't his inlaws to prison camps where the prisoners are forced to mass produce MAGA hats, and be sent out to be indentured labor on his golf courses.

Not that I think orange slice would do that, it just feels less absurd than it should and that worries me.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:42:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35271 on: March 06, 2020, 05:43:59 pm »

To win the election Trump needs bold action against the deadly threat encroaching on America.

Time to annex Greenland and free it from the royalist oppression. After that, use some well-place tactical nukes to completely free Greenland of its ice cover and open the entire landmass for oil coal and gas exploitation.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35272 on: March 06, 2020, 06:05:27 pm »

Yeah, having an actual diverse state vote first might just make primaries less horrifically swingy.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #35273 on: March 06, 2020, 08:57:13 pm »

I support Liberalism wherever it is in the world :)

also US elections are very entertaining. the UK one was really boring in comparison :/

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35274 on: March 06, 2020, 09:32:43 pm »

I support Liberalism wherever it is in the world :)

also US elections are very entertaining. the UK one was really boring in comparison :/
at least you find it entertaining, I find it unpredictable, which I guess can be considered. Entertaining; however the way things have been going I find it worrying too. The military grows ever more powerful. I think we are on a path to military rule, if we aren’t there already, indirectly

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #35275 on: March 06, 2020, 09:45:01 pm »

I meant the elections are entertaining. The politics are not necessarily so.

I guess US policies that I would be most in favour of would be:

1. A return to the foreign policy of Bill Clinton and HW: Syria should have been Obama's (and the EU's) Kosovo/Kuwait. What it has turned into is a tragedy.

2. A US-EU free trade agreement. After Japan and Canada, a deal with the US would be a dream come true.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #35276 on: March 06, 2020, 09:51:22 pm »

You’re not going to get that with Trump. He’s only interested in rebranding current agreements so they have his signature on them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #35277 on: March 06, 2020, 10:02:59 pm »

You’re not going to get that with Trump. He’s only interested in rebranding current agreements so they have his signature on them.
If you think my dislike of Bernie means I'd prefer Trump to him, you're mistaken. Bernie voted in favour of the intervention in Kosovo!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #35278 on: March 06, 2020, 11:20:44 pm »

If you think my dislike of Bernie means I'd prefer Trump to him, you're mistaken. Bernie voted in favour of the intervention in Kosovo!
I’m not suggesting that, I’m saying Trump is unwilling to put in any level of effort in order to actually get anything worth doing done, unless it involves threatening someone with not getting his money.

Thus, the things you want doing isn’t going to get done under Trump, and given the moderate side of the DNC is doing everything in their power to give him Joe “motherfucker abused his position to get his son a job in Ukraine!” Biden as an opponent, you’re going to be waiting ‘til at least 2024 to get it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #35279 on: March 07, 2020, 02:44:44 am »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2350 2351 [2352] 2353 2354 ... 3511