Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2352 2353 [2354] 2355 2356 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3606243 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35295 on: March 07, 2020, 04:20:10 pm »

OLD MEN
RUNNING THE WORLD
A NEW AGE!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35296 on: March 07, 2020, 04:49:29 pm »

Also I have to admit weird sort of mixed feelings over Trump--a noted germaphobe--choosing the "ignore and deny it til it goes away" approach for COVID-19 (it's A coronavirus, not THE coronavirus, argh!) because:

a: It's looking like it's going to give the economy a good hard fucking, and I was seriously worried we'd manage to fuck up and elect him again if the market outlook was still positive all year

b: It seems to be most dangerous for very old people... and we have a real nasty infestation of hateful old motherfuckers clinging desperately to power so any chance of thinning their numbers is good news, go cough on a politician

c: It looks like poor and communities which are underserved medically are most at risk, plus dogs and cats can catch but not spread it, so go cough on a rich person for the doggos and kitters

I don't want the people who are inevitably going to suffer due to this to have to suffer, which sucks, but I really do hope some of the old fuckers in various houses and senates and such keel over and die coughing as they drown in their own lung fluids, also Jenny McCarthy, go cough on that monstrous babykiller!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35297 on: March 07, 2020, 05:02:42 pm »

Trump probably won't be hurt even by economic armageddon: His supporters have no relationship to reality anymore.

However, 8% of Iran's parliament are infected and several government officials have died, so it seems to have the same effect on old parliamentarians as it does nursing homes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35298 on: March 07, 2020, 05:42:50 pm »

When did Biden ramble about record players?

It's in here, along with his various other gaffes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35299 on: March 07, 2020, 06:01:45 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:14:02 pm by dragdeler »
let

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35300 on: March 07, 2020, 08:14:37 pm »

Now, you wouldn't know I stuttered if we talked unless I got stuck in a rare case where after a pause I have to begin a word with no alternative, sometimes I end up having to say "I'm trying to say..." to start it moving again, and that generally only happens if someone were to ask me the exact word for something, or pronunciation of like "eurypides" so I've gotta use that "yoo" sound to start it off but I hang sometimes there.

Repeating is nothing like blocking and both are stutters but only one is immediately obvious to someone without it.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35301 on: March 07, 2020, 09:21:17 pm »

Those of us without a stutter probably aren't the best at recognizing one or not, but I think dragdeler's point remains: this stutter argument is being used to shrug off any and all of Biden's bungles. It's also something I've never heard about him until about a month ago, which doesn't lend it the most credibility.

The major point being that people are looking at Biden as "the one who can beat Trump" - but if his stutter makes him less eloquent and less able to handle pressure in an argument, especially with someone who interrupts and will relentlessly push on any weakness he can, such as Trump, then the original suggestion that Biden is the boy is flawed.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35302 on: March 07, 2020, 10:29:22 pm »

Oh, no don't mistake my defense as a stutterer for defense from brainrot, he's still sliding clearly, but it's not as bad as it can seem sometimes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35303 on: March 07, 2020, 11:58:02 pm »

well, it could only get worse from here either way
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35304 on: March 08, 2020, 12:00:12 am »

He's had two anoxic brain injuries.  While they did not show much trauma at the time, they can still contribute to sudden decline later in life, especially if there are other health issues.

He's acting like very early stages of some form of dementia. I am not qualified to make that diagnosis, but some of his behaviors, such as the rambling, suggest it.  He needs to be evaluated by a hard-assed doctor that cant be bought off by large amounts of money.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35305 on: March 08, 2020, 12:09:33 am »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35306 on: March 08, 2020, 12:37:17 am »

Wealthy people often get the worst healthcare in the US, because they can pay for any diagnosis they want, rather than a legitimate one that tells them bad news.

(See also, trump's "perfect health!" report when he ran in 2016.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35307 on: March 08, 2020, 12:48:44 am »

Wealthy people often get the worst healthcare in the US, because they can pay for any diagnosis they want, rather than a legitimate one that tells them bad news.

(See also, trump's "perfect health!" report when he ran in 2016.)
this defeats the entire point of diagnoses, if you’re gonna bribe them into telling ya what ya wanna hear, why’re ya even goin to the hospital? No idea why I did whatever accent that was

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35308 on: March 08, 2020, 12:53:36 am »

Trump is also clearly in decline, he was surprisingly sharp in the old debates.  Not to say he's a genius, but he knew how to cut where it'd bleed, dude put the bush dynasty in a grave just by talking shit.  Biden seems much worse though.  I don't know if Bernie can beat Trump, but I'm still firm that nominating biden is suicide. 
Shoes...

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35309 on: March 08, 2020, 01:11:47 am »

I don't really understand Biden's appeal, but because he's breathing and isn't Trump, I guess I'll have to vote for him in the general election.
Pages: 1 ... 2352 2353 [2354] 2355 2356 ... 3515