Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2358 2359 [2360] 2361 2362 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3600701 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35385 on: March 11, 2020, 07:15:27 am »

The people it did get better for also die too..  I'm mostly talking historically here.

Well I just don't see your point. There's an arrow of time. On the left is "alive", on the right is "dead". Clearly worse for all involved. Everybody in history.

Also, if you're typing a post or reading this your clearly not having sex, and there was (most likely) a time when you were. The past was clearly better!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35386 on: March 11, 2020, 07:15:57 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:14:25 pm by dragdeler »
let

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35387 on: March 11, 2020, 07:35:11 am »

I'll be waiting to see who Biden picks as VP, because at this point I think it's more likely we'll see the 25th amendment used on him instead of Trump.

But let me be clear, I'm less happy about the Biden pick than I was the Clinton pick at this point. I could have dealt with an Obama era Biden in office. But this Biden that's been appearing, less restrained and less coherent. That's a whole other story. I didn't vote for Clinton. And I'm not sure I can vote for Biden now either. The only difference now is I know how bad Trump can be. That's the ONLY thing that keeping me even considering marking a ballot for Biden in November if that's the choice.

This is flat out depressing.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35388 on: March 11, 2020, 07:37:28 am »

Plot twist: Biden picks Clinton!
This is how she gets her turn
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35389 on: March 11, 2020, 07:41:20 am »

I'll be waiting to see who Biden picks as VP, because at this point I think it's more likely we'll see the 25th amendment used on him instead of Trump.
This is your regular reminder that the 25th is utterly fucking toothless if the president is still able to talk and willing to say no. It's built for presidents in a coma, not ones who have their brains leaking out their ears but can otherwise still communicate.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35390 on: March 11, 2020, 07:44:31 am »

I don't think Biden is gonna hold back on telling Trump to shut the fuck up and at some point I'm certain he's going to call him a lying sack of whatever malarkey turns into when you crap it out, which is hilarious.

I hate that he's going to end up winning the nom, but I am glad Trump is gleefully fucking up his only winning electoral argument: the economy looked like it would have sailed through the election without the various bubbles bursting yet.

As it is he's going to end up basically giving the US economy a nasty case of COVID-19 and it'll be on oxygen at best during the election, so all we need to do is laugh at the old man cage match for a few months and vote for the one that isn't a gibbering cunt responsible for fucking over so much of our ability to fight this disease because it would look bad if the number of cases went up.

As for our foreign friends, if you think a third Obama term with chances of a flipped senate is somehow worse or anything less than better than a second Trump term, kindly shut the fuck up and educate yourself about our situation over here, or maybe focus on your homegrown populists-with-fascist-tendencies and how badly they're fucking shit up on that side of the pond?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35391 on: March 11, 2020, 07:51:00 am »

Plot twist: Biden picks Clinton!
This is how she gets her turn

2016: I'm With Her

2020: She's With Me

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35392 on: March 11, 2020, 07:53:20 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:14:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #35393 on: March 11, 2020, 07:57:05 am »

Man, I hate to say it but I've never gotten in the least why people are saying that Trump is anything like Biden. 

-snip-

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35394 on: March 11, 2020, 07:59:13 am »

And in Detroit..

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/10/joe-biden-told-an-auto-worker-youre-full-of-shit-during-a-tense-argument-over-guns.html

Biden has also said "go vote for someone else" when the environment came up, and said if you care about immigrants, go vote for Trump. It's almost like voting for a right-winger means any of your left-wing concerns will be answered with hostility. Although he's also said he's running for senate right now, against president Sanders, so you can't really tell if he means what he's saying at any given moment, or needs to be put in a home.

We'll be better off once the diehard republican base of old white dudes thins out and they're left trying to get undereducated whites to vote alongside the biblethumpers against what I'm going to term "the brown wave" as we become a true majority-minority nation.

Remember when they were saying that back in the 1920's, and then that happened?

Now the big question is, who is Biden getting for VP.

I think Kamala or Abrams would be smart, younger, black, female.

Hopefully he doesn't tap some unknown cardboard cutout like Hillary did with Kaine... who the fuck was that guy again?

Last I heard, he was courting Pence.

Man, I hate to say it but I've never gotten in the least why people are saying that Trump is anything like Biden.  From outside they couldn't look more different, in terms of policy and personality, and Biden's speechifying lately has seemed.. quite good.  Miles better than Trump and his 40-word vocabulary.

Some of the other stuff, like "Biden won't tax the rich" also seems way off.  Taxes are Congress's domain, after all, so not much to do with him unless he vetoes it, and I really can't see him vetoing even very significant tax hikes.  Maaaybe a wealth tax, but I'm far from convinced one would really be necessary.

You haven't been paying attention to like...Biden's whole thing, have you? His home constituency is the hometown of the most predatory banks in the US, and they've let him be successful for a reason. His biggest platforms are "I was vice president under Obama when he said it was ok to drone strike US citizens on US soil, and built the concentration camps" and "I'm going to get rid of social security."

The winner in 2020 is gonna be Coronavirus for sure

See, now this is optimism I can get behind. I think I'm joking, but it's hard to tell anymore. Tiredness and illness has replaced any hope I once had.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35395 on: March 11, 2020, 08:04:38 am »

Biden's whole role in the party was to be the most racist and conservative Democrat once the last of the Dixiecrats died off. That's why he was Obama's VP, to assuage the racism wing of the party.

Aw well, ancient history now. We've got an empire to horribly die in the collapse of!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35396 on: March 11, 2020, 08:10:46 am »

This is your regular reminder that the 25th is utterly fucking toothless if the president is still able to talk and willing to say no. It's built for presidents in a coma, not ones who have their brains leaking out their ears but can otherwise still communicate.

I actually agree... which is why I'm saying that. As bad as Trump is, I don't expect him to suddenly slip into a coma. Biden I'm less sure of.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35397 on: March 11, 2020, 08:12:59 am »

You...might want to watch some recent Trump conferences. He's just waiting for something to go wrong. And of course, there's always the work of Dread Corona to consider...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35398 on: March 11, 2020, 08:17:13 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:14:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35399 on: March 11, 2020, 08:21:02 am »

No offense, but a lot of that stuff isn't quite right, Salmon.  Like for instance, "Backed the TPP", when Trump sank it.  Or "Voted for NAFTA" when Trump insisted it was terrible only to re-sign it with his name on it.  Or "Didn't bail out or jail the crooked bankers" when he was Obama's VP, who did bail them out.  He also flipped on his support for the Iraq war after several years, opposing it later.

Some of those are also complex issues, such as the quote about 'opposing desegregation', when he supported many desegregation issues at the exact same time as the bill in question, just not that particular bill.

Same with stuff like 'didn't vow to legalize marijuana', which the President can't actually do.

So.. yeah, that's a long list of cherrypicked topics which ignore context and several times list him doing things that were quite opposite of Trumps current actions, or insists that there's only one way to accomplish improvements in lifestyle.  So I'm not convinced by that one, particularly the 'worse to woman than Trump', owner of the Access Hollywood tape.  He also won more votes from women than Sanders, for instance.

In summary, that looks like a list of everything he did in long decades of service that could be seen as objectionable if you're willing to bend the truth a little and remove context from the equation.

There are indeed things he's done that I don't agree with, and that should be on that list.  But that list isn't an accurate portrayal of his policies.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:25:17 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 2358 2359 [2360] 2361 2362 ... 3515