Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2361 2362 [2363] 2364 2365 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3590134 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35430 on: March 11, 2020, 06:36:07 pm »

So much for the tolerant left!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #35431 on: March 11, 2020, 07:10:18 pm »

Just got back on, started to look through and think about engaging with the idea that Biden is somehow bad enough to cross your arms and pout like petulant children, but no, fuck that noise.

No.  If you think this is about spite, then you've never read a single one of my posts.

If we continue to vote for people who don't represent us, then we will never be represented.  Ever.  It's that simple.

Biden represents me on nothing.  Literally not a single thing.  Other than opposition to Trump.  In every other respect, he is literally my mortal enemy.  His life's work has been the endangerment of mine.

Getting actual representation for my political priorities is a matter of life and death.  I'm not going to vote for one representative of death just because the other one behaves more rudely.  Fuck that.

If you want to interpret that as pouting like a petulant child, go ahead.  Right back at you.  You're the one behaving spitefully for spreading toxic bad faith interpretations of other's motives when they refuse to share your priorities for absolutely nothing in return when it's a life and death matter.

This is essentially a game of chicken.  One side has to back down or everybody suffers.  Corporate Democrats deliberately construct this threat as the basis of their internal electoral strategy to keep people who actually believe in the things the party claims to stand for fearfully in line.  They are more responsible than Progressives are for endangering everyone with the threat of republican fascists, because they actively wield that threat as a weapon against internal compromise.  Why the fuck is it only progressives who ever get the blame when they simply get tired of the abuse?  In this cycle, we literally had Democrat party inner circle publicly refusing to commit to supporting Sanders if he became the nominee, or even outright stating that they wouldn't.  Even fucking Hillary!  She refused!  After Bernie campaigned for her in 2016!  Yet it's only progressives who get called petulant pouting children for not wanting to literally vote against their own interests?  Jesus christ, and I'm supposed to believe Trump's narcissism is somehow unique?

Fuck that.

If you want people like me in your big tent coalition, then you need to give me some reason to stand there.  I'd rather stand outside the tent and look both enemies in the eyes, than stand in the tent, get stabbed in the back repeatedly, and try to engage with arguments every time that the backstabbing was somehow necessary to protect me from the other guy.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 07:17:36 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #35432 on: March 11, 2020, 07:45:42 pm »

that's the most privileged white boi shit i've ever read, holy shit

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #35433 on: March 11, 2020, 07:55:54 pm »

eyy dutchling watch where you point that privilege cannon or ill have to write you into the priviledger

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35434 on: March 11, 2020, 07:57:00 pm »

I can't wait for myself to publicly have another aneurysm in mid-October.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35435 on: March 11, 2020, 08:01:59 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:14:59 pm by dragdeler »
let

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35436 on: March 11, 2020, 08:14:04 pm »

Yeah, like, I got no health care, bad teeth, fucked all sorts of way by shit republicans do. I grew up watching Reagan flip me the bird every day, when I was randomly asked outside of a library if I knew he had died I instantly quipped that "I'm surprised, I thought he was a cyborg" and on what I thought his greatest accomplishment was, the most airable and nicest thing I could think of was "breaking russia" because I knew ranting about his ruining the lives of anybody slightly darker than white and letting corporations powerfuck america would never get on tv.

My only hope at this point for good news on the president front is for Biden to pick someone cool like Stacey Abrams or even flip a coin between Harris and Warren for VP, then keel over in office, but it's a lie to say I hope. I don't know how to trust, I lack the ability to believe, and the closest I ever came to hope was when I heard my dad killed himself so I could stop dreading the idea of him finding my mom again or worrying about covering all the bases regarding disposing of him (pig farm, nobody wants to dig through pig shit to find corpse chunks).

That's my mindset: what do I dread least, so I'm happy for you if you can honestly hope things are going to get better, I'm happy you can believe in the Kamina who believes in you and row row fight the powah, seriously.

It's probably a less bleak position than expecting you're going to get betrayed and disappointed completely by everyone who claims to be an authority figure because that's what experience has shown you every time you thought something different may happen.

I'd be thrilled to be wrong, and get surprised by someone in power not disappointing me, I'll settle for someone who isn't actively trying to ruin everything that remotely helps or protects those who most need help and protection.

I do have to point out that the threat of people who wanted Bernie not voting because he isn't winning when they didn't come out to vote for him is... strange to say the least.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35437 on: March 11, 2020, 08:19:21 pm »

Voting is for squares!
Crushing apathy, now that’s where it’s at!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35438 on: March 11, 2020, 08:37:20 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:15:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #35439 on: March 11, 2020, 08:51:08 pm »

Criticizing youth turnout is pretty dishonest, because youth are far, far more likely to have transportation issues or be working insecure jobs with rigid schedules that leave them with a 2 hour window of time in their day to go vote when the lines are 5 hours long because areas with high youth turnout are deliberately targeted with voter suppression via closed and understaffed polling places.  Sanders overwhelmingly has the youth vote, and if you look at any of the footage from long lines at voting stations it's almost all youth and always in the evening because boomers had the freedom to get theirs done during the day while youth were working or their areas were better served.

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35440 on: March 11, 2020, 08:58:39 pm »

Far as I'm aware youth turnout's actually been pretty strong lately, anyway. It's just for this primary biden somehow activated the older people vote even harder, and even with strong turnout youngins are kinda', y'know, outnumbered. They can swing an election but not carry it, more or less. If it weren't for them sanders would currently just be a pile of ash on the ground as opposed to "just" getting solidly drummed at the polls (again).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35441 on: March 11, 2020, 09:00:57 pm »

Also, would anyone like to talk about how every single Super Tuesday state had results not matching exit polls, all favoring Biden, including a swing of over 20 points? Which is generally considered undeniable proof of electoral corruption? Let alone that Texas didn't count all the votes in Dallas fucking County and they slow-walked a hundred likely Bernie delegates even past this recent group?

If all these things are explained to my satisfaction I will still not vote for Biden because his idea of a good Supreme Court justice is Clarence Thomas and there is every possibility he takes on a Republican Veep and dies anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35442 on: March 11, 2020, 09:05:38 pm »

Biden picks Trump Jr. as VP because politics is just WWE at this point
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35443 on: March 11, 2020, 09:08:54 pm »

Ladder match for the adoption papers of Baron.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #35444 on: March 11, 2020, 09:29:24 pm »

Well... I mean... Biden's granddaughter is personal friends with Trump's daughter.  Biden and Trump attended their graduation ceremony together.  And that doesn't necessarily mean that there's any further connection between the families, especially since it seems Tiffany Trump is critical of her father.  But it does still mean that this actually happening wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world.

Also, would anyone like to talk about how every single Super Tuesday state had results not matching exit polls, all favoring Biden, including a swing of over 20 points? Which is generally considered undeniable proof of electoral corruption? Let alone that Texas didn't count all the votes in Dallas fucking County and they slow-walked a hundred likely Bernie delegates even past this recent group?

If all these things are explained to my satisfaction I will still not vote for Biden because his idea of a good Supreme Court justice is Clarence Thomas and there is every possibility he takes on a Republican Veep and dies anyway.

I'd love to talk about this, but how the fuck do you even begin to engage with it.  Nobody is talking about it except fringe independent media.  And if you try to act like it means anything, the same people will call you both a conspiracy theorist and a russian agent  ::).
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 2361 2362 [2363] 2364 2365 ... 3514