Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2395 2396 [2397] 2398 2399 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3535060 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35940 on: March 30, 2020, 03:18:07 pm »

Biden WHAT? Please tell me this is an early april fool's joke.

What, you thought the racist rapist in league with the banks and fights against abortion and social security was on your side?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35941 on: March 30, 2020, 03:26:44 pm »

*button pushing meme*
[RA_IST]
[C]    [P]
[O]    [O]
*sweating biden face*

I mean, either way even if he came out and argued that he only raped white women... he would still literally be better than the racist rapist moron in office.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35942 on: March 30, 2020, 03:32:21 pm »

What, you thought the racist rapist in league with the banks and fights against abortion and social security was on your side?
Hell, Biden was openly homophobic until... what, 2012? Whenever he started losing political contests enough because of it that he became privately homophobic instead.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #35943 on: March 30, 2020, 03:39:21 pm »

It's like something out of a movie. The one asshole character who in the midst of a crisis does nothing to help and actively tries to make undercut everyone around them.

Outbreak

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #35944 on: March 30, 2020, 03:45:48 pm »

Hell, Biden was openly homophobic until... what, 2012? Whenever he started losing political contests enough because of it that he became privately homophobic instead.

(yet somehow it's controversial that the Democrat party establishment has been continually sliding to the right as we continue to prove to them over and over again that they can do so and still be guaranteed our votes)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35945 on: March 30, 2020, 04:34:10 pm »

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/03/26/joe-biden-ronald-reagan-donalf-trump-coronavirus-campaign-ad-aids-crisis/

He didn't say it, and the ad isn't even endorsed by him with an 'I approve this message'. Fuck Unite the Country and specifically whoever thought to include Reagan in the slideshow. But y'all made it sound like biden had mumbled it on camera as a specific example of how to handle covid 19 if he took office.

I do not like biden. I do not think he should be voted for in any remaining primaries. (Wash your hands and ideally the machine itself if you have to vote on a machine, btw.) But he didn't do this.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35946 on: March 30, 2020, 05:27:12 pm »

That said. Biden *is* currently accused of sexual assault, and I don't believe that his campaign has responded yet. Unfortunately, it hasn't made it to major news sites, but I first saw it on a non-right wing site. Will see if I can find linky.

Edit: His campaign has denied the charges, as one would expect.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-biden-faces-sexual-assault-181441242.html
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35947 on: March 30, 2020, 05:29:19 pm »

Sure they responded - they're paying off #MeToo focused orgs to not report on it. That's enough response for eight, which is the number of people we know of Biden assaulting.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35948 on: March 30, 2020, 07:36:51 pm »

Anybody know why full on cannon tanks are rolling around tennessee? A friend saw it in person but I cant find any news stories yet.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35949 on: March 30, 2020, 07:47:43 pm »

Anybody know why full on cannon tanks are rolling around tennessee? A friend saw it in person but I cant find any news stories yet.
I don’t know, I’m not in Tennessee, but if tanks are rolling around, it sounds like things are getting bad. If you or your friend are in Tennessee, keep your guard up
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 10:47:20 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35950 on: March 30, 2020, 10:38:40 pm »

Sure they responded - they're paying off #MeToo focused orgs to not report on it. That's enough response for eight, which is the number of people we know of Biden assaulting.
Realistically, the democratic establishment is trying to do what the Republicans managed to do. 
Make everyone under their tent fall into line, cause the enemy is not from outside, but the fellow red/blue Murricans.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35951 on: March 31, 2020, 02:48:03 am »

Nobody had to pay them off. For Metoo focused orgs, beating Trump would still come first. Those organizations have a lever of control if the Democrats are in power, and have no such lever if the Republicans are in power. Which asshat has the president's hat on is secondary to that.

EDIT: the key point here is that #MeToo didn't get traction until 2017, when everyone "suddenly" discovered the issue. It's totally a Trump thing. There was no "old boys club" keeping a lid on this: the very same media trumpeting #MeToo all of a sudden knew about this shit for years and years and kept a lid on it, but very suddenly became proponents of the cause. Weinstein was a big donor to the Democratic party. Both men and women must have known about this and kept a lid on it. What happened was that he was a convenient sacrifice, and now ... they never heard of him:
Top Democrats including former President Barack Obama, 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, and Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Al Franken, Cory Booker, and Kirsten Gillibrand have all received contributions from Weinstein

Basically they're all implicated, Democratic men and women, leftists and centrists, yet they had Democratic congresswomen wearing black to Trump's state of the union only a couple months after #MeToo started.

And the fact that Time's Up has said they won't do anything about Biden, because throwing even a cent at funding that would be "politicizing" their movement and risk their nonprofit status, while they totally had no problem running a campaign for Democratic women to wear black to Trump's state of the union. You try tell me that they didn't spend any of their money promoting it so everyone knew about that event.

Also: “the public relations firm that works on behalf of the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund is SKDKnickerbocker, whose managing director, Anita Dunn, is the top adviser to Biden’s presidential campaign.”

The whole thing smacks of party apparatus / Astro-Turf in the same sense that the Tea Party was Republican Astro-Turf. So, no, nobody had to "buy them off" because they are in fact political allies. Sure, there are rank and file who believe in the cause, but they're most likely rubes who don't realize that the DNC and their media allies are probably running the whole show, in the same sense of the dolts who believed in the grass roots Tea Party. It's the media promoting it which makes it a thing: there are things which are far more widely tweeted about than #MeToo that most people haven't even heard of, because the media isn't interested in those things. For example #womeninstem is on lists of the most-tweeted hashtags, but you never heard of that, because the media can't get political mileage out of it. So yeah, the argument that the media merely covered it because it was a trending hashtag is kinda bullshit. They covered that one and ignored a zillion other trending hashtags because it suited them and the timing was convenient: it was the "hashtag everyone's talking about" not because it was a super-super-common hashtag, but because every corporate media outlet told you to talk about it.

Expect to see #MeToo basically disappear from mainstream media once Trump's out, the same as nobody hears a peep out of the "Tea Party" post-Obama.

... I mean, are they also going to have Democratic Congresswomen wear black to rapist Biden's state of the union addresses, or will that suddenly be going too far?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:47:03 am by Reelya »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35952 on: March 31, 2020, 07:57:08 am »

Pepperidge Farm remembers the Party of No.

Also I realized Trump is like that one player you may have seen rolling up a ridiculous character:

Player: ...so then I use those points on backgrounds to buy a minor landholder inheritance, minor political connections, and local fame...
GM: Yeah but...
Player: ...hang on, then I dump everything left into Bluff and start convincing people I'm a true noble and rightful heir to the throne!
GM: *rubs eyes* ...YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERY STAT A DUMP STAT!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35953 on: March 31, 2020, 08:16:04 am »

That said. Biden *is* currently accused of sexual assault, and I don't believe that his campaign has responded yet. Unfortunately, it hasn't made it to major news sites, but I first saw it on a non-right wing site. Will see if I can find linky.

Edit: His campaign has denied the charges, as one would expect.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-biden-faces-sexual-assault-181441242.html

He hired one of the people who defended Trump and Harvey Weinstien when they did the same thing. He'll get away with it, too.

Nobody had to pay them off. For Metoo focused orgs, beating Trump would still come first. Those organizations have a lever of control if the Democrats are in power, and have no such lever if the Republicans are in power. Which asshat has the president's hat on is secondary to that.

Haha, nope. He's paying them, so they're ignoring it. They're going to end up with someone who is either literally or figuratively Donald Trump, so they're taking the cash payout.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35954 on: March 31, 2020, 08:21:50 am »

Your link doesn't really support what you're saying.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stevenperlberg/former-obama-adviser-anita-dunn-helped-harvey-weinstein
Former Obama Adviser Anita Dunn Helped Harvey Weinstein Strategize Before New York Times Story

Sure, you might say because of that she's anti-#MeToo, but then what exactly is she doing on the payroll of Time's Up then, the major pro-#MeToo organization? And since that group turned the movement on Trump real quick you can kinda see they've been spinning this from day 1 to be anti-Trump.

But note here: the New York Times was running a story about Weinstein specifically, not about the "#MeToo movement". What happened was that just at the time Weinstein was coming under scrutiny, the media conveniently got a new narrative that de-personalized the issue away from Weinstein, to being a conversation about "all women" and "all men" instead of that. Conveniently, the story became about a fucking hashtag and not about the specifics of Weinstein's case. So, Democratic Weinstein wasn't the issue: we all share the guilt now, but especially those damn conservatives, since they weren't on board with #MeToo! Which you must admit, was kinda a convenient way to rephrase the entire debacle.

An analogy would be if a major Republican was accused of pedophilia, and then suddenly all the conservative media starts running stories "there are pedos everywhere". That could easily be seen as an attempt to muddy the waters and drag attention away from the specifics of the case at hand.

EDIT: sure, you could say they're "paying off" Anita Dunn now to do damage control. But ... if it was legit #MeToo from the start, why are they run by someone who assisted Weinstein before his big story came out?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:07:18 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 2395 2396 [2397] 2398 2399 ... 3511