Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3601093 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35955 on: March 31, 2020, 09:02:23 am »

Reelya, you're editing again. :P

I don't think they muddied the waters away from Weinstein though. He got his jail time. I see it more as an effort to bring sexual assault back into the political mind. Remember how a Democratic senator was accused of sexual assault, and then simply resigned? I do. Other than Biden, most Democratic party incidents in the public eye have been investigated, and the Republican party incidents... Less so.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35956 on: March 31, 2020, 09:12:21 am »

Reelya, you're editing again. :P

I don't think they muddied the waters away from Weinstein though. He got his jail time. I see it more as an effort to bring sexual assault back into the political mind. Remember how a Democratic senator was accused of sexual assault, and then simply resigned? I do. Other than Biden, most Democratic party incidents in the public eye have been investigated, and the Republican party incidents... Less so.

Yeah, there was a time when Democrats at least game the appearance of being more moral than the Republicans or trying to do the right thing, but that time has passed.

EDIT: sure, you could say they're "paying off" Anita Dunn now to do damage control. But ... if it was legit #MeToo from the start, why are they run by someone who assisted Weinstein before his big story came out?

Perhaps they're more of a political group (or have become one) than people who actually care about what they say they care about? That's normal for special interest groups in the US, who are usually supported by corporations.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:14:52 am by Iduno »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35957 on: March 31, 2020, 09:23:10 am »

What I mean by muddied the waters is that the conversation moved away from the specifics, so the fact that he was an influential figure in the Democratic party became swept away and the focus shifted onto people like Trump more specifically. Sure, he went to jail but very few people talk about his political affiliations. My point here is that the media has a strong ability to control what people think about due to ignoring some stories and boosting others. There's a reason it got big in that year and not any other year. Bad people get caught doing horrible stuff pretty often, and it's treated as a normal criminal case, not generalized to the point that very few people are talking about the specifics of the actual case. This thing was weaponized from nearly day one. And the media totally know what they're doing. They could have made it a big thing about Democratic party insiders if they wanted.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:27:31 am by Reelya »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35958 on: March 31, 2020, 10:49:34 am »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephaniesarkis/2020/03/28/trumps-narcissistic-punishment-of-withholding-michigan-aid/amp/

In short, Trump is collecting ’respect’ from governors on his response to the Covid19 pandemic and using it for his 2020 presidential election campaign.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35959 on: March 31, 2020, 10:51:26 am »

To be fair, Anita Dunn was a significant part of the Obama admin and worked on the 2012 campaign.

I'm not saying there's no #MeToo connection there, but it's also possible she's just someone Biden worked with in the past, thought did a good job, and decided to hire again for a similar position.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35960 on: April 01, 2020, 01:05:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:23:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35961 on: April 01, 2020, 01:34:33 pm »

Can't believe this needs to be said. Maybe don't incite death on the Great Toad's own forum, where he would have to deal with any repercussions?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35962 on: April 01, 2020, 01:41:09 pm »

he's still a worthless subhuman
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:55:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35963 on: April 01, 2020, 02:08:50 pm »

Still not a good idea to threaten death on people, killing him won’t fix any of the problems and has the potential to make things worse by possibly starting a civil war, a civil war would break the country into smaller countries, who will likely continue to fight until only one remains, at which point, the same problems that need to be solved, will likely crop up again, in new forms.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35964 on: April 01, 2020, 02:20:33 pm »

Joe Biden: singlepayer will not solve that at all. the thing that is needed is for example, we have a whole number of hospitals that are being so stretched incRuding rural hospitals. they're gonna need more financing, that doesn't come from a single payer system. that comes fromes the federal goverment stepping up and dealing with the concerns that they have.

Biden is the nominee because they know he hates black people, women, and the poor, not in spite of it. He would do exactly what Trump does if he got elected, but he's got the good letter by his name. That's the goal.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35965 on: April 01, 2020, 10:45:16 pm »

So Fauci apparently has a protective detail now, after an upswing of far-right vitriol was noticed as being directed at 'em. Welp.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35966 on: April 02, 2020, 02:37:53 am »

Who is Fauci? The chief-health-guy, right?
Love, scriver~

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35967 on: April 02, 2020, 02:40:09 am »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35968 on: April 02, 2020, 03:08:56 am »

That's awful. We actually had to have our chief-of-health-authority go out and publicly chide everybody for the overly personal criticism (read hate) directed at the head-of-epidemiology and remind that despite the Epidemiologist being almost literally the sole face of the organisation these says he is not the only one in charge and not a lone decision maker in health questions.

I think there's a lot of fear and helplessness going around right now and part of that is going to be channelled into anger. It's shit that it's being directed at the ones doing their best to aid with what they have st their disposal, and not the ones who set the policies which decides what exactly is at their disposal.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35969 on: April 02, 2020, 06:57:15 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:23:58 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 ... 3515