Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2397 2398 [2399] 2400 2401 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3593203 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35970 on: April 02, 2020, 10:13:39 am »

So last week unemployment claims hit over 3 million in a week. The previous record had been 695,000. Today, 6.6 million more unemployment claims were filed, putting our two week total at 10 million.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35971 on: April 02, 2020, 10:19:33 am »

We're coming up on Great Depression rates. The percentages work out a bit more favorably but I wouldn't be too surprised if we surpass those as well.

RazielReaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35972 on: April 02, 2020, 12:52:36 pm »

he's still a worthless subhuman
Spoken like a true nazi.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35973 on: April 02, 2020, 01:23:19 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:24:03 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35974 on: April 02, 2020, 04:33:48 pm »

tolerance paradox, at least I revoke human dignity based on their actions unlike them who do it based on adress and networth

But I guess Rand Paul's neighbour is the true criminal when Rand casually takes a swim in the congress(?) pool while waiting for his corona test results.

Nah, Raziel just calls anyone who disagrees with them a Nazi.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35975 on: April 02, 2020, 05:09:40 pm »

The cost of preparedness, weighed in gold... now, in bodies.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #35977 on: April 02, 2020, 05:34:58 pm »

tolerance paradox, at least I revoke human dignity based on their actions unlike them who do it based on adress and networth

But I guess Rand Paul's neighbour is the true criminal when Rand casually takes a swim in the congress(?) pool while waiting for his corona test results.

Nah, Raziel just calls anyone who disagrees with them a Nazi.

He’s also a troll, so disagrees with everyone on principle.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35979 on: April 02, 2020, 11:40:57 pm »

Well I mean, calling someone a subhuman in this context is indeed very close to Nazi territory, whether it's based upon their actions or not. Especially since Biden hasn't actually done anything you were angry at in your now removed comment, he's just spoken about what he would do. Declaring someone a subhuman based on their fully public, non-incitive, unofficial and frankly little-impact words to their supporters just downright doesn't make sense (and is obviously morally wrong.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:42:34 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #35980 on: April 03, 2020, 03:32:05 am »

Well I mean, calling someone a subhuman in this context is indeed very close to Nazi territory, whether it's based upon their actions or not. Especially since Biden hasn't actually done anything you were angry at in your now removed comment, he's just spoken about what he would do. Declaring someone a subhuman based on their fully public, non-incitive, unofficial and frankly little-impact words to their supporters just downright doesn't make sense (and is obviously morally wrong.)

Saying that you will defy the will of the people who are voting for you to the effect of tens to hundreds of thousands of lost lives due to perpetuation of a broken healthcare system, and having the nerve to say it as a pandemic is raging:   "Non-incitive, unofficial, and little-impact"

Being hyperbolic when expressing anger at this:   "close to Nazi territory"

What actually happens doesn't matter.  What matters is how polite and impersonal we are with our language as we accept the deadly fate that trickles down on our heads from Tiphares.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #35981 on: April 03, 2020, 04:08:56 am »

"Now lynchin' I can get behind, but calling them the n-word? Now that's just racist."

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35982 on: April 03, 2020, 04:36:51 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:24:08 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35983 on: April 03, 2020, 06:14:01 am »

Right, the civil charge is wrongful death, not murder. I've seen idle mention of aiming at certain fucksticks that have been bungling response with a class action along those lines. Here's hoping. If we can't get their heads their wallets will suffice.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35984 on: April 03, 2020, 07:38:13 am »

He's been a far-right senator for long enough to have supported segregation, and made sure that student loan debt survives bankruptcy. Suffice to say, he's done things.
Pages: 1 ... 2397 2398 [2399] 2400 2401 ... 3515