Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2410 2411 [2412] 2413 2414 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3588277 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #36165 on: April 08, 2020, 01:16:14 pm »

here’s a list of 50 most powerful America companies by Business Insider, though I’m not sure what metric they use to determine power

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36166 on: April 08, 2020, 01:43:44 pm »

Sanders ended his campaign, so the Battle of the Dying Brain-Damaged Rapists who may or may not have covid is, officially, on. I can't think of a more fitting swan song for the death of the American empire.
What’ll happen now? Will partisan split the nation into 2 factions? Will there be more factions because of varying beliefs in the 2 parties? How would neutrals survive the coming faction wars? I ask this because usually with the death of an empire comes various factions vying for power
In early 2021 the USA fell apart in seven different corporate empires each one led by a major tech or weapons company.

This sounds like a kaiserreich submod.

It's Shadowrun.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:11:12 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36167 on: April 08, 2020, 01:43:53 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #36168 on: April 08, 2020, 01:55:53 pm »

Honestly, this feels like Hillary vs Trump all over again. Once more, Bernie quits and leaves us with two equally bad candidates.

(report magnet portion of comment removed)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:21:58 pm by Toady One »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36169 on: April 08, 2020, 02:23:59 pm »

Once more, bernie's campaign got shitkicked and he lost pretty hard again, you mean :-\

Not that there's even fucking anything equal about the remaining candidates, though it's closer than last cycle in some ways. Which is almost odd, considering by most accounts bernie and joe are actually pretty good friends on a personal level.

Least sanders doesn't seem to be lingering and malingering this time, which might make a difference, I'unno. There is a sort of morbid curiosity about what happens if the crow plague offs one of the candidates, though...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #36170 on: April 08, 2020, 07:42:09 pm »

Well I’m glad he waited until the day after the primary in Wisconsin to inform us all of that.

Clown.

Fine there were other, local elections in Wisconsin and a state Supreme Court seat, but whatever.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36171 on: April 08, 2020, 07:54:06 pm »

Looked up the whole thing about "Biden doesn't support medicaid for all".

Entirely unsurprised to find out it his response was more like "Pass it along with the year's budget, because if it's not funded, such a bill would remove coverage from people, not provide it.  If the bill is written in a way that'll remove coverage from people, I'll veto that."

But if you leave the right words out, you can make it sound like he's a horrible monster.. so that's what was presented.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:57:14 pm by Devastator »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36172 on: April 08, 2020, 08:05:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:21:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36173 on: April 08, 2020, 08:41:12 pm »

Well I’m glad he waited until the day after the primary in Wisconsin to inform us all of that.

Clown.

Fine there were other, local elections in Wisconsin and a state Supreme Court seat, but whatever.
Eh, it was gonna happen regardless of the primary or not.  Just that it is now slightly bigger news and we can blame him instead of anyone else.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36174 on: April 08, 2020, 08:45:26 pm »

I'm actually very pleased to see all the smug Biden bros already realizing their election is lost and blaming it on the left. It should help former Bernie supporters radicalize and abandon the Democrats.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36175 on: April 08, 2020, 10:12:43 pm »

I'm actually very pleased to see all the smug Biden bros already realizing their election is lost and blaming it on the left. It should help former Bernie supporters radicalize and abandon the Democrats.

I'd love a third party to get enough votes that the 2 parties have to actually consider other views.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36176 on: April 08, 2020, 10:14:03 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bernie make it so that he stays on the ballot to collect delegates and maintain some policy leverage? Like, still conceding to Biden but still on the listed ballot?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36177 on: April 08, 2020, 10:15:02 pm »

Looked up the whole thing about "Biden doesn't support medicaid for all".

Entirely unsurprised to find out it his response was more like "Pass it along with the year's budget, because if it's not funded, such a bill would remove coverage from people, not provide it.  If the bill is written in a way that'll remove coverage from people, I'll veto that."

But if you leave the right words out, you can make it sound like he's a horrible monster.. so that's what was presented.
Devastator, I always heard it from a quote he had which was basically summed up as "but how will we pay for it", when some versions cost less per capita than the current ACA.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36178 on: April 08, 2020, 10:19:01 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bernie make it so that he stays on the ballot to collect delegates and maintain some policy leverage? Like, still conceding to Biden but still on the listed ballot?

I've never heard of a second (or third, etc.) place candidate getting any say in policy, so it's doubtful. He is still a senator.

Edit: Stocks are still doing bad, but "for some reason" insurance company stocks all went up today.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:24:36 pm by Iduno »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36179 on: April 08, 2020, 10:21:05 pm »

Sorry for double post. :)

What I meant by policy leverage is basically being able to show that ~30% of the Democratic party supports his policies, and as such the party should more further left instead of sitting in neoliberalism.
Pages: 1 ... 2410 2411 [2412] 2413 2414 ... 3514