Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2459 2460 [2461] 2462 2463 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533027 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #36900 on: May 21, 2020, 07:46:59 pm »

Speaking of horrible Presidents, the little birds are talking about the Biden ticket - allegedly Klobuchar is being "vetted" for it now, which makes sense seeing as she flubbed up and said she was joining Biden's ticket the day she dropped out. Looks like they've gone with "let's try to run to the right of Trump", or alternatively "let's assault as many young staffers as possible" as the overarching strategy.

All other gangs BTFO, Hillary fuming, Bernie Woulda Won 2, hey remember how we all saw Biden publicly groping both little girls and grown women on camera for years and turned it into a meme, the fire rises and so do the staplers, etc.

Unless it's not actually Klob, in which case, wow. Do you think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and lie about the Biden 2020 ticket?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:00:05 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36901 on: May 21, 2020, 08:58:37 pm »

Meanwhile, the Court has explicit power to hard-stop anything the other Branches do, and the legislature can remove the President if he gets out of control.

Both of those are quite theoretical, though. Have either been used in any meaningful way? Ford was less insane than Nixon, I guess.

Speaking of horrible Presidents, the little birds are talking about the Biden ticket - allegedly Klobuchar is being "vetted" for it now, which makes sense seeing as she flubbed up and said she was joining Biden's ticket the day she dropped out. Looks like they've gone with "let's try to run to the right of Trump", or alternatively "let's assault as many young staffers as possible" as the overarching strategy.

Biden alone is already arguably to the right of Trump (more racist, hates the environment more, and plans to put more conservative judges in office to challenge Roe v Wade), and with Pelosi backing him, definitely is.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36902 on: May 21, 2020, 09:02:16 pm »

who cares, he lost.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36903 on: May 22, 2020, 11:57:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36904 on: May 23, 2020, 05:07:18 am »

Code: [Select]
[Are they right of Trump: A Flowchart]
[When asked softball questions about actual goddamn neonazi protests, do they]
| |      | |
| |      >>>[rattle off a rehearsed answer about nazis being garbage-baby losers that need to fuck the hell off or grow up?]
| |                                                                                                                     | |
>>> [blame people getting mad about nazis for starting it because some of those nazis are cool dudes?] | |              | |
                                                                                                       | |              | |
                                                    [no, because Trump isn't further right than Trump] <<<              | |
                                                                                                                        | |
                                                            [no, while dems are in no way benevolent, they ain't nazis]<<<

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36905 on: May 23, 2020, 05:17:14 am »

I would respond to that, however, it's too late: Uncle Joe has already released his next public fuckup.

Since all that amphetamine they have him juiced up with got him rolling, he also declared that the NAACP endorsed him when that organization has never endorsed any political candidate. Now we just need a third racism and this week's Biden set will be complete!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 09:48:18 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36906 on: May 23, 2020, 09:40:54 am »

Yeah... :/ Yeah... :|

These are our choices.

This is where the country has come to.

Thanks, Obama.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36907 on: May 23, 2020, 11:01:24 am »

Yeah... :/ Yeah... :|

These are our choices.

This is where the country has come to.

Thanks, Obama.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #36908 on: May 23, 2020, 03:59:44 pm »

I have some lovely Moloch/Mammon '20 bumper stickers designed. Their campaign slogan is "With YOU in Rockland!"
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36909 on: May 23, 2020, 11:16:05 pm »

And this is why the 2 party system is bullshit.

It's fucking Kang and Kodos all over again.  How many times do I have to assert that I do not vote for space mutants, for the politicians to get a fucking clue?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36910 on: May 24, 2020, 06:43:09 am »

Infinite times, 'cause when you don't vote or vote third party, the message you send isn't "I don't vote for space mutants" it's "I can safely be completely ignored".

Though if it's actually just assertions without any action at all behind it, it's not even trying to give someone a clue, it's just talking to yourself with no one to hear, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36911 on: May 24, 2020, 07:13:18 am »

Ahh, but sanders managed to motivate the "safe to ignore!" group, to the point that the DNC felt they had no choice but to do dirty pool TWICE now.

I was TOTALLY going to vote for Sanders.  He is not a space mutant.  Geriatric old fuck, yes. But not a space mutant.

Hillary? Space mutant. Flipflops more than a fish on a sandy bank.

Biden? Space mutant. Rabid racist fuck, masquerading as a progressive, who clearly also has early stage dementia of some kind.

Trump? SO FUCKING space mutant, that his tentacles show in public. It goes without explanation.

There was finally a NOT-SPACE-MUTANT candidate, and it made the establishment shit bricks. Naturally, he could not be allowed to win. (rolls eyes.)

No, they totally DID get the clue. They just don't fucking care, and want us all to eagerly just accept a bait and switch with Biden. No.

NO SPACE MUTANTS.

They can end up with another 4 years of trump to forcibly teach them how space-mutant-ism is NOT good, and if there is a country left afterwards, they can put somebody up that isn't a fucking space mutant.  Then I will vote for them.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 07:15:03 am by wierd »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36912 on: May 24, 2020, 08:53:07 am »

Why would the space mutants lose if another space mutant wins the election? They're happy with that result, it keeps the rest of you out of the political equation and they can keep on passing power around the space mutants.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36913 on: May 24, 2020, 09:55:25 am »

They're going to do that no matter what you do.

The question is if you believe popular will and consciousness means anything. If no, then bourgeois "democracy" doesn't care even if you try to join up with the jackboots and I guess at that point the only thing to do is dance and die with the rest of humanity. If yes, then the only thing worth doing is breaking popular consciousness and the state apart, and that most definitely does not involve voting for space mutants.

What I keep coming back to in the era of Joe the Childeater's campaign is that one quote from The Big Short: "You pass yourself off as cynical people, but you still have some faith in the system, don't you?" This time I'll be able to use some leverage, this time I know better than to get scammed. Just one more bet, right? One more holding action, I can still break even. Better than going home empty handed, right?

DNC must be laughing their assess off at how people are talking themselves into believing, into "it's not so bad", into "stopping Trump is all that matters". They manufactured some consent of course, but the takes I've been seeing? It's some monkey's paw shit, the Democrats creating their very own Blue Trump and deluding themselves every bit as much as the MAGA hats.

I am telling you all, for the sake of your sanity and what little we can still salvage: Give up. Because until you give up on the scam artist, the narcissist, the loan shark, he'll listen to you accept his excuses as he promises that this one will be different with fingers crossed and a killer's smile. Because you still foolishly believe in the system. There is no easy solution, there is no "getting rid of Trump"; because even if Donald John Trump keels over with COVID tomorrow the real Trump will still endure. The Trump on the inside, infesting the spirit of what little remains of this society.

And until you stop trying to trick a country where well over a hundred million people love Trump and well over a hundred million people can learn to live with Trump that Trump was not some kind of mistake they made by not listening to your correct choice, you will never be free of Trump, or those who came before him, or those after. The man in the tie is not the real fucking problem.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:02:26 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36914 on: May 24, 2020, 10:55:00 am »

Infinite times, 'cause when you don't vote or vote third party, the message you send isn't "I don't vote for space mutants" it's "I can safely be completely ignored".

Though if it's actually just assertions without any action at all behind it, it's not even trying to give someone a clue, it's just talking to yourself with no one to hear, ha.

I've heard this so many times, but it honestly makes zero sense to me.  I cannot grasp the logic.  At all.  It's 2+2=5 level shit to me.

If you vote for someone who doesn't represent you, then the only message you send is that they have sufficiently earned your vote, and don't need to do anything more for you.  How is that any more likely to result in progress on your political goals than voting third party?

And for that matter, what is the difference between being ignored and not being ignored in this context, if both cases result in achieving none of your goals?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2459 2460 [2461] 2462 2463 ... 3511