Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2471 2472 [2473] 2474 2475 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3600636 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #37080 on: May 29, 2020, 12:46:35 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:21:02 pm by dragdeler »
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #37081 on: May 29, 2020, 12:54:34 pm »

Some men just want to watch the Autozone burn
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #37082 on: May 29, 2020, 02:04:44 pm »

Within hours of the president re-tweeting "the only good democrat is a dead democrat," two democratic-leaning people in my town were killed by a trump supporter.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:44:23 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37083 on: May 29, 2020, 02:06:36 pm »

That man is a fucking menace.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37084 on: May 29, 2020, 02:28:15 pm »

Within hours of the president re-tweeting "the only good democrat is a dead democrat," two of democratic-leaning people in my town were killed by a trump supporter.
Fuck. Are you safe?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37085 on: May 29, 2020, 02:31:44 pm »

WTF is happening in USA rigth now? It seems like a villian put bath salts in all your water supplies or the like.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37086 on: May 29, 2020, 02:34:19 pm »

It is completely incomprehensible for the rest of the world (or at least the democratic part) how it is even possible that Trump is still president (and on that matter, how he got elected in the first place).

Most people I know, for the past year, read stuff about US politics and are like "this can't be real. I think I am still asleep and dreaming a completely surrealistic and horrific dream, there is now way in hell that this could be reality.. Is everyone in the US doped up on mind altering drugs or something?".
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37087 on: May 29, 2020, 02:39:04 pm »

WTF is happening in USA rigth now? It seems like a villian put bath salts in all your water supplies or the like.
Dr. Horrible poured poison in the water main and nobody noticed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37088 on: May 29, 2020, 02:41:50 pm »

Nah is perfectly possible. Trump is in diapers compared to say Maduro or Fernandez in Argentina, so stupid inteps in a precidency are perfectly normal for many of the supposedly democratic world. Its sad but true. It doesnt help that poor education leads to bad voters and politicians from all sides and parties know and use this to their advantage.

But I mean lately the violence seems to have spiked and indeed Trump seems to behave more erratic and reactionary than usual, sometimes he owns it, other times is openly idiotic. At least Maduro is constanly and maliciously stupid all the time.

On the other hand the very north american people seem more reactionary too. Perhaps is the quarantine effect?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 03:19:25 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37089 on: May 29, 2020, 03:53:04 pm »

Everything that Trump does looks outrageous to moderate people, but his base loves it, and it is the kind of stuff that apparently wins you elections (At least in elections that only offer shitty binary choices). With Biden running against him I would not be surprised if he does it again.

It is just that, to us (the creepy and filthy foreigners) Trump looks like a complete idiot, and it makes countries like china and russia look very moderate, reasonable and friendly (even if they are really not). For American diplomats, Trump must be an absolute nightmare.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37090 on: May 29, 2020, 04:41:23 pm »

Why are cops killing non-criminal people so often in your country ? Is the police in the USA so afraid of their regular fellow citizens that they prefer to "hurt and kill" instead of "serve and protect"  ? Could this be another of the things to do with the "everyone has a gun" mentality thing in the USA that makes the cops afraid so they "shoot first" or is this something else that makes people more crazy there?

A lot of the problem is that there is no consistent set of requirements, and another part is that because the police are involved with collecting evidence, they can force any prosecutor who dares prosecute a police officer to lose their job. Therefore, there are no prosecutions for police, and they can do whatever they want. If you want to set up a system that is corrupt and only draws in the worst of humanity, that's a real good way of doing it.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37091 on: May 29, 2020, 06:20:07 pm »

Within hours of the president re-tweeting "the only good democrat is a dead democrat," two democratic-leaning people in my town were killed by a trump supporter.

I really hope this is paraphrasing, but these days I just don't even know.

Was the original tweet where Trump said that the national guard would shoot looters in Minneapolis?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37092 on: May 29, 2020, 06:25:36 pm »

Pt's talking a retreet, so trump didn't actually say it, just signal boosted and supported it.

The tweet where trump was saying the natguard would start extrajudicially murdering looters was a different tweet altogether.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37093 on: May 29, 2020, 06:32:09 pm »

Right, but it seems a bit extreme to me for Trump to have retweeted a tweet literally saying Democrats should die.  I mean, I believe that he'd want to retweet that because it would amp up the insane people who follow him, but I'm willing to believe even he isn't that stupid and careless.

...right?

Did he actually retweet something that said exactly that?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 2471 2472 [2473] 2474 2475 ... 3515