Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2472 2473 [2474] 2475 2476 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595381 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #37095 on: May 29, 2020, 06:50:58 pm »

Correlation does not equal causation. Incident happened Monday. By Tuesday afternoon they were fired. It's currently Thursday. Under no reasonable definition has there been any delay of justice thus far in this case.
Horseshit, the man (with a lengthy history of fucking abusing people and getting away with it) who murdered someone on bloody camera is still, as far as I'm aware, not arrested, in jail, or also dead. Justice is pretty damn delayed right now, nevermind it was delayed before the shit even put another person in a grave.
I mean, if you'd waited a bit longer, you'd know he was arrested not long after your comment.  For comparison, the last time this happened with Minneapolis police specifically, it took three quarters of a year for the investigation to recommend a warrant for the arrest of the responsible officer (who was, by the bye, arraigned, tried, and ultimately convicted on both second-degree manslaughter and third-degree murder charges, for people comparing to the charges filed against Chauvin).  Four days is pretty darn fast for an investigation to reach a conclusion, likely aided by rather decisive video evidence in this case.  Not that I would suggest that the course of justice would ever be forced in any particular direction, even a correct one, by something like popular opinion, but it's probable that the open riots did have a certain stimulating effect as well.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37096 on: May 29, 2020, 07:05:44 pm »

He could have been arrested a day before my comment and shit would have still been slow, nevermind the rest of the mess related to the murderous sack of shit or everything else related to the situation at hand. That a previous incident was even slower doesn't somehow change that, ha.

Trial can take its time if it needs it, it shouldn't take days to clap cuffs on a fucker on tape murdering someone. Not even a cop, and if our justice system wasn't a goddamn farce, especially not a cop. You can figure out the rest from there, if there's a rest that needs figuring out.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37097 on: May 30, 2020, 08:21:59 am »

Yeah, even the arson.  Not indiscriminate, but it supports the function of a riot.  And the destruction in Minneapolis has not been indiscriminate.  I'm watching a 2 1/2 hour video of the scene near the 3rd precinct as the condo building burns down.  Minority owned business left pristine.

Well, that certainly didn't last:
https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/kb-balla-scores/
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-29/minneapolis-minority-business-owners-awake-to-destruction
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37098 on: May 30, 2020, 08:57:39 am »

Here's the thing about riots; it's impossible to control them, but it's really easy to incite them to violence. There's been some rumors that bricks and false flags types have already been planted in Dallas at the very least, so keep an eye out for sketchy shit.

Quote from:  Tupac Shakur
I think that niggas is tired of grabbin' shit out the stores
And next time it's a riot it's gonna be like, uh, bloodshed
For real, I don’t think America know that
I think America think we was just playing
And it’s gonna be some more playing but
It ain’t gonna be no playing
It’s gonna be murder, you know what I’m saying?
It’s gonna be like Nat Turner, 1831, up in this motherfucker
You know what I’m saying? it’s gonna happen 

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37099 on: May 30, 2020, 11:26:59 am »

I mean, it looks like it hasn't made it to this thread yet, but police officers have absolutely been legit caught setting fire to things in order to blame the rioters.

And while no, I don't have hard evidence for those specific instance of property damage, I have a hard time believing that the minorities out protesting white police violence are the ones burning down all the minority buildings in the minority parts of town.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37100 on: May 30, 2020, 11:36:13 am »

Oh please. Rioters never give a shit who the things they target belong to. They never have, in any area, city, or country, in any time, and they won't start now.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37101 on: May 30, 2020, 01:51:27 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:21:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37102 on: May 30, 2020, 02:14:31 pm »

Yeah, even the arson.  Not indiscriminate, but it supports the function of a riot.  And the destruction in Minneapolis has not been indiscriminate.  I'm watching a 2 1/2 hour video of the scene near the 3rd precinct as the condo building burns down.  Minority owned business left pristine.

Well, that certainly didn't last:
https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/kb-balla-scores/
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-29/minneapolis-minority-business-owners-awake-to-destruction

Sure.  But remember the business pointed out at the very beginning of that video?  Here's a statement from the owner's family.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37103 on: May 30, 2020, 02:47:50 pm »

Thats sounds so surreal. If it were my store I would be livid. Guess the dude has a good insurance or is using this as free publicity for the afterwards?

It could be that he too is simply outraged by the very unnecesary and viciusly cruel death of George Floyd. Hell even we are outraged and wish that cop gets the same treatment, but is farfetched to just allow or even be happy with your propieties being burn down.

Regardless of the stance of the owner, setting things on fire is dangerous, period.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37104 on: May 30, 2020, 02:54:53 pm »

uhu sure and your retirement funds are allready waiting for you at the bank

I'm not the one being naive here.
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37105 on: May 30, 2020, 03:12:08 pm »

Thats sounds so surreal. If it were my store I would be livid. Guess the dude has a good insurance or is using this as free publicity for the afterwards?

It could be that he too is simply outraged by the very unnecesary and viciusly cruel death of George Floyd. Hell even we are outraged and wish that cop gets the same treatment, but is farfetched to just allow or even be happy with your propieties being burn down.

Regardless of the stance of the owner, setting things on fire is dangerous, period.

Just consider the context.  He's part of a minority that's experienced centuries of brutal systemic oppression.  Police are now the 6th leading cause of death for young men in America, and black men are 2.5x more likely to be killed by police than white men.  America has the largest prison population in the history of the world, which is used for forced labor and private profit.  That prison population is overwhelmingly made up of minorities due to unequal enforcement and sentencing.  And there is audio recording from an interview with the domestic policy chief of the administration that started the drug war openly admitting that it was intended to be a way to oppress minorities.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.

"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

Despite this, the drug war is still ongoing today.  No following administration has chosen to end it.  And the way politics has played out over the last 2 elections makes it clear there is no end in sight by within-the-system means.

Is it really surprising that someone who has lived their life within such a context, who has likely gone through his life watching friends and family get beaten up, kidnapped, or killed, is ok with major sacrifices if it means any chance of challenging the power structure responsible?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37106 on: May 30, 2020, 03:38:50 pm »

Sure.  But remember the business pointed out at the very beginning of that video?  Here's a statement from the owner's family.

That's just one of the business owners. Things aren't so great for the guy in the first link.

Saves up money from working as a firefighter and does some investing. COVID prevents him from opening bar until June 1st. Gets burnt down before it ever opens. No insurance. Looters show up to try to steal the safe while he's filming the damage.

He's getting help from GoFundMe, but it's going to be a long time before the bar can open now.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 03:44:07 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37107 on: May 30, 2020, 03:50:22 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:21:10 pm by dragdeler »
let

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37108 on: May 30, 2020, 03:57:35 pm »

Lmao shiiiiit I guess it only took 40 years for mfers to forget about Lee atwater

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37109 on: May 30, 2020, 04:01:45 pm »

That's just one of the business owners. Things aren't so great for the guy in the first link.

And to be clear, riots are going to be chaotic and things that shouldn't happen will happen.  Participation isn't controlled.  Lots of people involved aren't exactly intellectual.  There will be those who don't care and just take advantage to get away with stuff they couldn't normally.

My point isn't that everything is well managed and fine and everyone's going to be happy.  My point is that any narrative which chooses to focus purely on the negative aspects is incomplete and flawed.

And short-sighted.  Maybe the guy you're choosing to focus on would have been the next murdered by police.  But if this is what happened every time police murdered someone, I guarantee they would stop murdering people.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 2472 2473 [2474] 2475 2476 ... 3515