Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2536 2537 [2538] 2539 2540 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533180 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #38055 on: July 14, 2020, 01:41:52 pm »

I think it is American politics is currently in a worse state than compromise not being possible. You could have situations right now where you could have ideas that both parties would find completely acceptable if they would have been the ones to think of it first. However if it is proposed by the other party they will reject it out of principle.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38056 on: July 14, 2020, 04:41:32 pm »

The administration backed off of their International Student Visa denial plan. International students will not have their visas revoked if their college switches to online classes. I imagine the lawsuits had something to do with that.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38057 on: July 14, 2020, 04:46:15 pm »

Don't get too excited yet - they haven't announced a new policy. I am surprised they folded on it, though. Legally, the President has been granted almost total authority when it comes to revoking visas and banning immigrants, and Trump's performance on that point has been rather disappointing these past years.

So I guess fucking with every university in the country at once is just getting back to the people who pull Trump's strings, though I'm not sure how.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38058 on: July 15, 2020, 11:03:59 am »

To be honest it's one of those things where, in hindsight it's kind of obvious that they would back off, how could they not when it so obviously is a terrible idea, yet it's still genuinely surprising because the administration just doesn't like to back off.

That policy was the equivalent of giving colleges two revolvers, one with six rounds and one with only one, and giving them the choice of dying quickly (online, lose international students/funding) or slowly/randomly (forced reopening, eventual forced shutdown due to virus).

I mean everything from the Chamber of Commerce to a coalition of Christian colleges opposed it, dueling lawsuits from Harvard/MIT and 18 states+D.C. but even with all that... it's still surprising.

Also Jeff Sessions lost his primary in Alabama to the Trump-backed challenger.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38059 on: July 15, 2020, 05:58:22 pm »

Also Jeff Sessions lost his primary in Alabama to the Trump-backed challenger.

All yes, even more evidence that the republican party are basically a mafia.  Someone supports their leader for years and bends over backwards to please them, but the moment they do their job instead of blatantly and openly breaking the law to please their leader, their career is over as surely as a bullet in the back of the head.  Democrats may be corrupt but not this openly or this blatantly.

Stupid: having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

I don't care what forum rules say, Trump supporters are stupid by definition, and if given the incentive Trump would do the same damn thing to every one of them.  If they don't see that, they have a great lack of common sense.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38060 on: July 15, 2020, 06:03:48 pm »

I don't care what forum rules say, Trump supporters are stupid by definition, and if given the incentive Trump would do the same damn thing to every one of them.  If they don't see that, they have a great lack of common sense.

I don't think you have to worry about the forum rules in this regard.

And obviously, stupid people don't know that they're stupid.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38061 on: July 15, 2020, 06:30:37 pm »

People asked for a businessman to be president.

This is what businessmen do.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38062 on: July 15, 2020, 07:21:54 pm »

A failed businessman.

This is what grifters do
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38063 on: July 16, 2020, 06:26:29 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:30:09 pm by dragdeler »
let

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38064 on: July 16, 2020, 07:17:03 am »

Joe Biden has a plan to get our kids to market swiftly.

Finally a modest proposal I can get behind!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:22:30 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38065 on: July 16, 2020, 07:21:21 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:30:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38066 on: July 16, 2020, 07:28:44 am »

No silly--

EITHER--

He means "Get them into the job market, as a product for the economy to consume"; EG, for employers to abuse for low wages, since the economy requires this to survive. EG-- food service, and other low wage, high hour, high abuse positions)

OR--

He means to get them to the slaughter house for processing while they are still tender and soft, and before they get gamey and stringy. As in, getting cattle to market.

In either case, it demonstrates a very disconnected from normal people and how they view the world mentality from our alternate choice to 4 more years of orange dipshit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38067 on: July 16, 2020, 07:29:36 am »

Wait, does he litterally want to burn them as fuel  :P?

Just think of the CO2 we'd save by burning 'em young!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38068 on: July 16, 2020, 07:31:33 am »

Well, they do produce the most skin oils just as they start puberty.  It's the ideal time to harvest them to squeeze those hydrocarbons as a secondary product to the Soylent Green Premium product.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38069 on: July 16, 2020, 07:37:31 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:30:16 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 2536 2537 [2538] 2539 2540 ... 3511