Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2572 2573 [2574] 2575 2576 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3640003 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #38595 on: August 11, 2020, 06:29:37 pm »

Kamala is a cop. Not excited about this choice in the least.

Still, a shambling corpse and a cop is preferable to Trump/Pence.

I really hope this doesn't lead to our first female president. Getting backdoored by VP pick is a disappointing historic moment.

Yeah, an election between 2 heavily bigoted rapists who want to kill the poor, both with heavily anti-LGBTQ+ VPs who want to kill the poors. I'm feeling like it's an easy choice (for someone the fuck else).

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38596 on: August 11, 2020, 07:03:47 pm »

and I don't remember who Clinton's guy was, but he was even less relevant.
I have to laugh at this. Assuming you're serious, maybe you'll kick yourself when you find out, or maybe you'll give yourself a High Five...

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38597 on: August 11, 2020, 07:08:29 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:38:00 pm by dragdeler »
let

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38598 on: August 11, 2020, 07:51:07 pm »

I don't even really know what Trump does then, particularly if they don't retake Congress.
I had an awful idea: what if Trump loses in 2020, and then runs in 2024?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38599 on: August 11, 2020, 07:53:36 pm »

I don't even really know what Trump does then, particularly if they don't retake Congress.
I had an awful idea: what if Trump loses in 2020, and then runs in 2024?
Republicans would be sensible and say he lost so they can’t back a loser.

Oh wait I forgot to put I really goddamn hope at the start.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38600 on: August 11, 2020, 07:56:37 pm »

I wonder if he'll live long enough for that, but Trump is evidence that this is an unjust world.  He can somehow live to be as old as he is saying that exercise is bad for you and living off of a diet of Big Macs.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38601 on: August 11, 2020, 08:00:44 pm »

Since Trump and nearly everyone associated with him are naked criminals even by the tenuous standards of US law, the Democrats would have an easy enough way to keep him gone if he loses.

They just have to have the chutzpah to actually start sending big-name Republicans to prison, which they don't. Even California's Top Cop won't be any help in that, since as we all know cops only go after the vulnerable.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38602 on: August 11, 2020, 08:03:14 pm »

Easy: "That was a corrupt election! A lot of very smart people have been saying Democrats used the pandemic to steal the election!"
Republicans would be sensible
I don't have a meme which adequately describes my reaction to this comment, and words are insufficient.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38603 on: August 11, 2020, 11:00:01 pm »

I wonder if he'll live long enough for that, but Trump is evidence that this is an unjust world.  He can somehow live to be as old as he is saying that exercise is bad for you and living off of a diet of Big Macs.

Cosmic 'fairness' is that everyone Trump ever meets gets Covid, except Trump.

But  we can't discount Covid yet as the actual winner of the 2020 election, there is time.

Imagine if due to 'circumstances' there was a sudden upset and the actual race is Pence vs Harris. It's the kind of thing that would happen, peak 2020. However, if the year doesn't end with Trump sealed in a giant hamster ball to keep disease out I'll be disappoint.

BTW: there's a humungous bikie event in South Dakota, tens of thousands of pro-Trump bikers just milling around with no masks for 10 days.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 11:09:54 pm by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38604 on: August 11, 2020, 11:18:22 pm »

For some reason, Pence strikes me as the kind of guy to suddenly and unexpectedly have a stroke. If he's half as stressed out as he looks...

I don't believe the parties are actually bound to keep Pence or Harris in the event of Covidbowl, though. They can just appoint whoever they want. Pence is way too 90s Republican, imo.

The DNC will of course appoint David Duke in the spirit of national reconciliation.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38605 on: August 11, 2020, 11:31:49 pm »

The DNC will of course appoint David Duke in the spirit of national reconciliation.

I lol’d.

I’m actually looking forward to the VP debate with an angry black woman and a white, male, Christian conservative Republican.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38606 on: August 11, 2020, 11:32:59 pm »

I'm going to repost this in 8 years when it is a full reality.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38607 on: August 11, 2020, 11:49:17 pm »

I lol’d.

I’m actually looking forward to the VP debate with an angry black woman and a white, male, Christian conservative Republican.

It's going to play out exactly as everyone expects. Harris will be righteously indignant, Pence will be smugly secure. Republicans will view Harris as smug and condescending, Democrats will view Pence as willfully dishonest, also with a heavy dose of smugness.

Vote Smugness in 2020.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38608 on: August 12, 2020, 12:13:33 am »

Harris will also inexplicably pretend to have a Southern accent again, and spout at least one hashtag.

Nobody will mention that Pence used to be a radio shockjock, even though it is both the perfect way to attack him and about as inverse a personality as you can get from his current philosophical Catholic fascist shtick while still voting Republican.

Also, the debate will happen over a shitty internet connection rather than in person, on a platform that is only in retrospect discovered to be 80% owned by Tencent.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38609 on: August 12, 2020, 12:23:54 am »

Also, the debate will happen over a shitty internet connection rather than in person, on a platform that is only in retrospect discovered to be 80% owned by Tencent.

Man you're on point tonight.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 2572 2573 [2574] 2575 2576 ... 3515