Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2838 2839 [2840] 2841 2842 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3592277 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42585 on: December 11, 2020, 06:44:15 pm »

I propose each state has its own standing army so the elector counts governors can duke it out to solve their issues.

This would be a more American way of doing it - 50 different ways to do everything is the only way to combat government overreach.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42586 on: December 11, 2020, 06:47:41 pm »

And the SCOTUS has told the texas horseshit to gtfo. So much for that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #42587 on: December 11, 2020, 07:08:38 pm »

I want to see Trump have a meltdown over the betrayal of the people he put on the bench.

Please let it happen, and please let it convince Republicans that they don’t  have to kow-tow to this buffoon anymore.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42588 on: December 11, 2020, 07:23:20 pm »

He was plenty unhinged when he was sick with Covid and going on stage full of experimental treatments and uppers to reassure people how Coronavirus doesn't matter.  He's just moved the bar so far that I'm not sure what a Trump meltdown would look like...  there are countless examples of him going "mask off" and then laughing it away later.

At this point he'd have to collapse or something, and even then.  These people don't believe in Trump, they believe in a fantasy of Trump.  The Q stuff is just a progression.  Whereas I think most Republicans (including very many voters) KNOW he's a dipshit, and don't care because they voted strategically.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42589 on: December 11, 2020, 07:48:40 pm »

It is the hallmark of a fanatic that anything that goes against their expectations of god is a test of faith, including god himself.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #42590 on: December 11, 2020, 11:47:47 pm »

It is the hallmark of a fanatic that anything that goes against their expectations of god is a test of faith, including god himself.

This seems pretty mainstream.

Which kinda just makes it worse.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42591 on: December 12, 2020, 12:06:17 am »

And the SCOTUS has told the texas horseshit to gtfo. So much for that.

Note that it was 7-2, but in a "7 said the plantiffs should fuck off immediately, while the 2 said we should let the plantiffs have their say before telling them to fuck off". The two-justice dissent all-but-clearly states (by so pointedly not stating) that the plaintiffs had no case, but a strict reading of the law means they should have been allowed to present whatever they thought they had.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42592 on: December 12, 2020, 07:38:11 pm »

Turns out Hunter Biden was under investigation relating to Burisma and China the whole time. Unlike Comey, Barr decided to not talk about it until after the election.

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42593 on: December 13, 2020, 07:33:13 am »

Turns out Hunter Biden was under investigation relating to Burisma and China the whole time. Unlike Comey, Barr decided to not talk about it until after the election.
The wheel of fortune shifts; a kleptocrat usurped a kleptocrat who returned to overthrow the usurper kleptocrat

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42594 on: December 13, 2020, 07:45:37 am »

As a general rule, all politics sucks balls.

99.999999999.....% of the time, the nicer they seem, the worst the end up being in one way or another.

Ironically the ones that dont seem nice from the get go tend to be even worst, be cause fuck all of us, we dont deserve normal lifes.

The most dangerous are the ones offering "free" stuff and/or inciting hate among their country
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 07:47:51 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42595 on: December 13, 2020, 08:00:04 am »

"Free" stuff such as...?
Black lives matter.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #42596 on: December 13, 2020, 08:56:40 am »

"Free" stuff such as...?
Blowjobs. Never trust a free blowjob
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42597 on: December 13, 2020, 08:58:16 am »

Never look a gift horse in the... ohhh.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42598 on: December 13, 2020, 09:56:49 am »

Im not gonna do it.

But why hasnt anyone taken out trump? 4 years and plenty of oppurtunity. Would solve all problems. Even when biden moves in, trump will still be here.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42599 on: December 13, 2020, 10:28:22 am »

Shit is getting violent damnit.
https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/rellen-tussen-voor-en-tegenstanders-van-trump-na-mislukte-laatste-poging-om-macht-te-behouden~b6b06d93/

1000s of Trump supporters took to the streets to protest againt the 'stolen' elections.
Violence broke out between pro- and anti-trump protestors.
According to the police, 23 people have been arrested and 8 people were injured, amongst whom 2 police officers.
In Washington multiple fights broke out. 4 people were stabbed, it is as of yet uclear if the victims were pro- or anti Trump supporters.
In Olympia, a black anti-Trump protestor was shot when he approached pro-Trump supporters. After the shot was fired, a man ran away wearing a red cap and holding a gun in his hand, according to the New York Times.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/12/us/4-stabbed-and-one-shot-as-trump-supporters-and-opponents-clash.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
Amongst the pro-Trump protestors there were many ' Proud Boys', shouting ' four more years' and loudly proclaiming they will not accept Biden for president.

Meanwhile on Parler, the alternative for Twitter that is used a lot by extreme-right, many people are calling to take up arms and kill the supreme court judges, among others.

I really hope that once Trump is no longer president, each and every state that saw violence over the election results will sue him for inciting violence and domestic terrorism (trying to destroy democracy).

« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:30:28 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 2838 2839 [2840] 2841 2842 ... 3515