Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2850 2851 [2852] 2853 2854 ... 3518

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3674202 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42765 on: January 03, 2021, 11:46:18 am »

Has anyone else seen anything about Congress' houses being tagged? A lot of them look faked (Pelosi's house had spots where they obviously taped off before spraypainting, to avoid getting on the brick). Curious what's going on with it.

https://twitter.com/WDRBNews/status/1345388141637742592

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42766 on: January 03, 2021, 12:33:46 pm »

false flags, I guess. the sprayed messages are also perfect for pointing out the supposed perpetrators as thugs ("I want everything").
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42767 on: January 03, 2021, 02:24:30 pm »

Last night I was dreaming (in part) about false-false(-false-false...)-flag operations.

(I also liked the discussion in there about whether the Anarchists in question fully adhered to the accepted standard of Anarchist symhology. Because we all know how much they're absolute sticklers for that sort of thing.)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42768 on: January 03, 2021, 02:30:44 pm »

I don't know if false flaggers would think to purposefully misspell 'wheres' as 'weress', that's either a genuine idiot or the false flaggers have REALLY low opinions of would-be vandalizers.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42769 on: January 03, 2021, 02:37:24 pm »

Where is place, and were is time, right? Werewolves are licantropats. Sometimes I forgot and have to use google.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42770 on: January 03, 2021, 06:13:23 pm »

Lordy, there are tapes.

As luck would have it, it's also a state crime. So no federal pardoning out of this one.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #42771 on: January 03, 2021, 06:30:49 pm »

Lordy, there are tapes.

As luck would have it, it's also a state crime. So no federal pardoning out of this one.

Wowser
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42772 on: January 03, 2021, 07:18:19 pm »

Holy shit Here we go. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #42773 on: January 03, 2021, 07:20:15 pm »

Literally nothing is going to happen about this.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #42774 on: January 03, 2021, 08:40:34 pm »

Literally nothing is going to happen about this.

God bless our president for fighting for our rights to a fair election.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42775 on: January 03, 2021, 08:57:52 pm »

The words "Im not a crook" comes to mind.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #42776 on: January 04, 2021, 12:17:47 am »

Thing is, Nixon knew he was breaking the rules and tried to do it anyway. Donald Trump in that call is basically a raving madman spouting conspiracy theories and just repeating them again after being told they aren't true. So it's less "I am not a crook" and more "I'm not insane please get away from me with that straight jacket". Nixon needed punishment, Trump needs therapy.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42777 on: January 04, 2021, 12:58:27 am »

Lordy, there are tapes.

I listened to the excerpts, and I'm not sure there's a criminal case going off of what is heard. Trump claimed that there's fraud Raffensperger is aware of (that Trump just made him aware of,) and that by not reporting it he'll be in legal trouble (as an accessory.) What constitutes a threat is subjective, but you'd probably need more than just that to convince a jury.

"Finding votes" in the context of the excerpts is finding invalid votes to throw out. It's not clear where the audio has been clipped, but I doubt it's been done in a way that makes Trump seem less criminal, given the source.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42778 on: January 04, 2021, 03:37:13 am »

It is a shame impeachment takes so long. If it could be done in a day we could have him out of office sooner.

On the other hand, I am somewhat enjoying seeing his ever more desperate attempts to try and stop his inevitable fall, so it might be better to just grab some popcorn and relax. The American political system might be a mess, but it looks like it will survive Trump's antics.
Also, after the previous Russia related impeachment thing was over, I almost gave him the benefit of doubt, thinking there might have been no election tampering at all. With his recent behaviour it is absolutely clear though that Trump will grasp any opportunity to bend an election his way, and he had all the reason to do so in the previous election.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42779 on: January 04, 2021, 05:52:57 am »

I think it's hard to define, but it seems like "leading suggestions" are being given by Trump when he (with desperation) hits the wall with his arguments. Sort of "couldn't you just say <foo>, because that sounds vaguely plausible and plausibly vague?" in several instances. With his old fallback of "y'know, I heard a rumour that..." for the kinds of things that (mostly) it only happened as a voice in his head, or came out of an off-the-wall idea-batting session within his latest brainstorming group as a wild-ass conjecture, and probably wasn't an actual rumour until he voiced it himself (or John Barron did, or David Dennison).

It's his Real Estate background. "I heard property prices are going up in this area...", to try to gull someone into jumping onto an opportunity (worked just enough times to become a self-fulfilling prophecy, or sat on the tails of the inevitable long-term curve that now gives him the"DOW is at an all-time high" claim when (usually) he just mentions it after a near-inevitable bounceback). As much - or little - a pressure tactic as that, but far less subtle than the political version (by some measures), leaving the interpretation about whether it's a criminal untruth down to the beholder and their own biases. (The ORBITs will see nothing wrong with it and yet grasp on every 'normal' political argument, or mis-speak, as Grand Treason.)

(Edit: Also, meant to say... when he previously tried to mis-sell(/speculatively up-sell) a property/etc, he knew he had other buyers who might not be so cautiously wise. But now he's basically got only a handful of officials he can try to 'invest in his property' and he can't afford to wait until some new potential mark breezes in to let his semi-ponzi 'opportunity' ride up out of whatever trough he's in. Right now he's at a Trump Steaks point, except these Stakes are even higher (worked better in my head!) and aren't quite the same thing he can casually brush under a corporate bankruptcy carpet and move on from. Probably.)

Actionable?  Not sure it's worth it right now. Might be additional fuel to the legal bonfires already being built for lighting on or after the end of this month, though probably not the spark if one isn't already at hand.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 06:09:17 am by Starver »
Pages: 1 ... 2850 2851 [2852] 2853 2854 ... 3518