Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2895 2896 [2897] 2898 2899 ... 2954

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 1993722 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43440 on: January 17, 2021, 01:28:20 am »

Not everybody's that dumb.  Bad idea to rely on assuming the people who wish you harm will commit unforced errors.
Shoes...

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43441 on: January 17, 2021, 03:05:43 am »

My very first thought. But, you know, to have said "He's probably not a Lib pretending to be Alt-Right, but an Alt-Right pretending to be a Lib" without any information ould have been pure displacement, ok?

(But it shows, once again, the "accuse the opposition of that which you are guilty" MO we see. Yes, there are likely a non-zero number of left->right 'infiltrators', but again and again we see left<-right ones. Well, the ones that let their cover slip. Maybe the natural-right are just bad at being lefty, but the natural-left are amazing at being rightist?)

The conservative press are still living in the Cold War where the Soviets channeled significant resources into left-wing subversion/infiltration. They haven’t yet figured out that ended 30 years ago and for the last two decades Putin’s been playing the same game on the right. Ok, I know, they’ve always played both sides, and their influence was overstated much of the time, but for all practical purposes the effort has shifted from left to right.

Russia’s investment is much smaller than the grass-roots movements themselves, but they provide a framework of competent, results-orientated leadership and training in subversive tactics, etc, which is something the lunatic fringe usually lacks. How much impact this all has in the real world is hard to say, but given Russia is backing far-right groups just about everywhere I assume they see it as an effective use of resources.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43442 on: January 17, 2021, 10:54:49 pm »

Things have always been been shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfkhS1R8A2Q
They/them
Black lives matter.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43443 on: January 18, 2021, 08:16:39 am »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #43444 on: January 18, 2021, 08:23:48 am »

Meanwhile there are more troops in DC than in the Middle East.
Mega Fort Washington DC.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43445 on: January 18, 2021, 08:33:28 am »

Pretty sure they've already walked that walk back back, anyway, or near enough to it. There's been indication to disregard public statements to that effect, but also statement officials believe they can prove in court that exactly that happened. Nevermind that the actual statement doesn't indicate that there wasn't people there trying to kidnap and/or murder politicians, just that there's currently no strong indication there were organized groups involved... or that sherwin's probably about as trustworthy as the existence of my tortiseshell cat's left nut on anything related to trump.

The last week or so has been hectic as hell for the DoJ and co, and they weren't exactly running on all cylinders beforehand, ha. We'll have to see how things go, especially once the shitgibbon and company is proper kicked out.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43446 on: January 18, 2021, 12:34:52 pm »

https://nypost.com/2021/01/17/former-nys-dem-party-head-gets-vaccinated-in-florida/

lol

Edit: Double lol. The guy has the same name as the dude from the Capitol Hill riot.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:37:06 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43447 on: January 18, 2021, 03:03:03 pm »

US now says no direct evidence of kill/capture teams at US capitol
That Aljazeera article is too brief and so it is misleading. This Bloomberg Quicktake has better info in the poster's comment about the video:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, during the denial-of-bail process, the prosecutors mentioned kill/capture groups and that mention was what they retracted. The guys with the zip-tie restraints are likely to face different charges.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43448 on: January 18, 2021, 05:03:58 pm »

Melania already said her goodbyes to the nation in a video speech.  I guess she can now spend her time on filing the divorce
Optimists have just used up the last bit of hope. Run for your lives!

Enjoy the freedom to explore the limits of your constraints

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43449 on: January 18, 2021, 05:16:07 pm »

That must have been a hell of a prenup ...
nonbinary/genderqueer renegade mathematician and former mafia subforum badass.

don't quote me.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43450 on: January 18, 2021, 05:47:11 pm »

US now says no direct evidence of kill/capture teams at US capitol
That Aljazeera article is too brief and so it is misleading. This Bloomberg Quicktake has better info in the poster's comment about the video:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, during the denial-of-bail process, the prosecutors mentioned kill/capture groups and that mention was what they retracted. The guys with the zip-tie restraints are likely to face different charges.

Figures. How many videos do we have of people with zip ties and calling for death and hunting people down? There was obviously, without a doubt, people trying to kill and capture.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43451 on: January 18, 2021, 06:02:24 pm »

This is explicitly a "any announcements are premature" thing, because a top official had diarrhea of the mouth. Right now the Feds are most concerned with preventing a recurrence and on the huge number of arrests (over 200 last I saw, with hundreds more cases being opened), and not particularly concerned with public statements. Particularly when those public statements might encourage people to stop broadcasting mycrimes.txt to the world.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43452 on: January 19, 2021, 02:45:43 am »

Trump has ordered (EOed?) almost all the 'travel bans' lifted - not China/Iran, surprise surprise, but all the others.

Though it seems that the administration will be saving Biden the effort of adding that to his own current list of intended EOing reversals (Paris, etc), and other necessary adjustments, by just ignoring that and continuing with whatever they're doing right now until they officially learn/can implement what Biden wants.

(This may be one of the 18th/19th preinaugaral things I predicted would happen. But I'd be surprised if it's all there'll be.)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43453 on: January 19, 2021, 03:09:15 am »

Biden's response was basically "hah lol no" and that he'd reverse the order to preserve pandemic-limiting travel bans.

Meanwhile, patriotically trying to sell stolen intel to Russia, guess even the Trump supporters know who really pulls the strings?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43454 on: January 19, 2021, 03:43:30 am »

This is explicitly a "any announcements are premature" thing, because a top official had diarrhea of the mouth. Right now the Feds are most concerned with preventing a recurrence and on the huge number of arrests (over 200 last I saw, with hundreds more cases being opened), and not particularly concerned with public statements. Particularly when those public statements might encourage people to stop broadcasting mycrimes.txt to the world.
Lmao makes sense, plenty of "hey kids wanna do federal crimes" posting on the internet

Meanwhile there are more troops in DC than in the Middle East.
Mega Fort Washington DC.
But DC doesn't even have a magma cannon. Are they even trying?
Pages: 1 ... 2895 2896 [2897] 2898 2899 ... 2954