Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2895 2896 [2897] 2898 2899 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3593380 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43440 on: January 19, 2021, 01:50:36 pm »

If it becomes a C:DDA scenario I would probably have a lot of fun before I'm devoured by a cyborg or something.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #43441 on: January 19, 2021, 01:54:39 pm »

Mike Lindell and all his sleeper agents will awaken and he will evolve from Mr. MyPillow to Mr. MyPresident
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43442 on: January 19, 2021, 01:56:09 pm »

Leader of the Republicans in the Senate, Mitch McConnell, now agrees that Trump did provoke the storming of the Capitol.
'Trump and other powerful people have fed the people lies'.

Another rat leaves the sinking ship
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43443 on: January 19, 2021, 02:01:18 pm »

It concerns me that it seems like if Trump didn't act like such a moron and actually played his cards right, we could have a fascist dictatorship by now.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43444 on: January 19, 2021, 02:04:27 pm »

Yes, that remains a concern after he's gone.  What will happen when a similar psychopath who is actually intelligent and capable is chosen for president?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43445 on: January 19, 2021, 02:25:23 pm »

Like Andrew Jackson? :V Goes on our money, I guess ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43446 on: January 19, 2021, 04:11:17 pm »

If that Twitter algorithm is finding people that are advocating violence or criminal activity against other Americans, this is good. If they are in the GOP, so what? These people have access to a governing-position-publication-system and are responsible to the rules of that governing body when they use that system. Their personal accounts are fair game to censorship and appeal of that censorship if they break the rules of their contract. If you really have followers, they will accept your email announcements.

Mike Lindell and all his sleeper agents will awaken and he will evolve from Mr. MyPillow to Mr. MyPresident
Being in the middle of a Sopranos binge, it occurred to me that Mr. MyPillow seemed like a street boss, under orders from a mob boss to deliver a plan to the Whitehouse, and that MyPillow is one of his "legit" operations with secondary-business backroom activities.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43447 on: January 19, 2021, 07:42:14 pm »

If it becomes a C:DDA scenario I would probably have a lot of fun before I'm devoured by a cyborg or something.

We'd all run out of stamina and get mobbed five minutes in if that were the case. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43448 on: January 19, 2021, 07:50:27 pm »

We'd all run out of stamina and get mobbed five minutes in if that were the case. XP

Nah, you'd be sniped by a tank drone the second you poked your head out the door.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43449 on: January 19, 2021, 08:02:22 pm »

Obviously something is gonna happen tomorrow. What will it be?
-FEMA gulags?
-general guy seizing power?
-Hulk Hogan and the NWO using steel chairs to take over?
-Joe Biden ripping his face off to reveal mecha Xi Jingping?
-sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows?
-Kamala dabbing until the sun goes down?
-suddenly zombies?
-JEB?!?

A national guard member breaks the line, pulls up his side arm and drops Biden and Kamala in two shots. Everyone is frozen with shock. The guard pulls of their mask - It's JEB!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43450 on: January 19, 2021, 08:53:26 pm »

-FEMA gulags?
-suddenly zombies?
-JEB?!?

A national guard member breaks the line, pulls up his side arm and drops Biden and Kamala in two shots. Everyone is frozen with shock. The guard pulls of their mask - It's JEB!
Not to be outdone, the Zodiac Killer himself - Ted Cruz - climbs on stage with a steel chair in hand.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43451 on: January 19, 2021, 08:58:57 pm »

Not to be outdone, the Zodiac Killer himself - Ted Cruz - climbs on stage with a steel chair in hand.
No no you're thinking of Rafael Cruz, Ted's father, featured in this pardon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43452 on: January 19, 2021, 09:21:33 pm »

-FEMA gulags?
-suddenly zombies?
-JEB?!?

Suddenly a terrifying moan cuts through the air: Zombie Nixon has risen. It is crazed for blood and flesh. Now you will know why you fear the right.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43453 on: January 19, 2021, 09:49:46 pm »

-FEMA gulags?
-suddenly zombies?
-JEB?!?

Suddenly a terrifying moan cuts through the air: Zombie Nixon has risen. It is crazed for blood and flesh. Now you will know why you fear the right.

Headshot to Biden reveals wires, magic smoke, and blinking LEDs. Biden rips his face off, revealing Mecha Xi Jingping! Kamala dabs in the rainbows refracted from Mecha Xi Jingping's beautiful chromedome.

A moment later, Kamala dabs so hard that her face flies off, revealing Mecha Putin. Her face strikes Mecha Xi Jingping in the face!

Mecha Xi Jingping's face flies off, revealing Mecha Jeb!

Mecha Xi Jingping's face strikes Mecha Putin in the hand! It's super effective! Mecha Putin's hand flies off, revealing another, smaller, MECHA KAMALA!

As the Zodiac Killer and JEB! advance towards Mecha Jeb & Mecha Vladdy Pooty-poot + Minimecha Kamala, Mecha Putin uses his special attack, MR. GORBACHEV TEAR DOWN THIS WALL. It doesn't make sense! It's super effective! He dissolves into 40,000 little Mecha Kamalas and 1 Mecha Biden, who swarm TED!

Then --
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43454 on: January 19, 2021, 10:09:21 pm »

Then --

Trump gets up on stage and shouts, "The Aristocrats!"

Everyone claps.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again