Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2910 2911 [2912] 2913 2914 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3578308 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43665 on: January 28, 2021, 10:46:01 pm »

My ex-supporter friend still hates Trump.

Do I smell a schism in the Republican party?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43666 on: January 28, 2021, 10:52:37 pm »

More likely a "Squad" group of /real/ Republicans who believe in real freedom (read, White Supremecy) within the party seen as resisting the establishment Republicans but still gathering votes.

Cruz is Right AOC.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43667 on: January 29, 2021, 06:35:26 am »

I predict Trump's health, mental or otherwise, is going to start tanking in the next couple of years.
This always seems to happen with all your presidents. Omaba seemengly aged like in dog years, more so in the second term. At the end while 8 years passed in real time, oval office time droped like 30 on his face.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43668 on: January 29, 2021, 08:21:24 am »

Part of that has to do with actually trying to do the job, though, instead of fucking off to golf every two or three days or whatever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #43669 on: January 29, 2021, 08:37:42 am »

Part of the reason Harris has a chance of becoming the first female president even before 2024. If Biden is supposed to age twice or thrice as fast he'll be nearly 90 come 2024.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43670 on: January 29, 2021, 09:12:31 am »

This always seems to happen with all your presidents. Omaba seemengly aged like in dog years, more so in the second term. At the end while 8 years passed in real time, oval office time droped like 30 on his face.
Yeah but the Americans don't have a control group. They ought to elect someone in their 30s-40s and see if they look like the raiders of the lost ark scene after 4 years for reference

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43671 on: January 29, 2021, 10:22:51 am »

See, if you hadn't included that 40s it would have worked better. Both Obama and Clinton were in their 40s when elected :P
Ask not!
Ask!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43672 on: January 29, 2021, 12:42:46 pm »

And got out of office looking like late mid 50's or very healthy early 60's.

Dunno about Trump but it does seems a lot older too.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43673 on: January 29, 2021, 04:06:51 pm »

See, if you hadn't included that 40s it would have worked better. Both Obama and Clinton were in their 40s when elected :P
Jesus, the White House really is that cursed

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43674 on: January 29, 2021, 04:36:03 pm »

No, being responsible for Americans is that cursed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43675 on: January 29, 2021, 05:43:06 pm »

The United States is a nuclear-capable superpower with a dominant economic, political, and military position on the world stage. A Presidential fuckup could result in a famine that kills millions or a war that kills billions. This is before you deal with the domestic realities of trying to shepherd around 400 million contrary and stubborn Americans around, plus 51+ subordinate governments and a whole bunch of possessions.

The wonder isn't that the job ages people massively - the wonder is that anybody actually trying to do the job doesn't leave it feet-first.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #43676 on: January 29, 2021, 06:17:36 pm »

They ought to elect someone in their 30s-40s and see if they look like the raiders of the lost ark scene after 4 years for reference
Well we did.
But it was too much of a mind-blowing experience for him  :-\
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43677 on: January 29, 2021, 06:25:19 pm »

The wonder isn't that the job ages people massively - the wonder is that anybody actually trying to do the job doesn't leave it feet-first.
I mean, yeah, now that you mention it, if something goes really goddamn weird in the next few years and I end up POTUS, having a water slide installed on wherever you finally leave office from sounds like an amazing idea.

... actually thinking on it, also having, like, a jungle gym obstacle course installed in front of the oval office and meeting rooms and such also sounds great. Learn to clamber or send your grandkids to jabber, old people.
Ask not!
Ask!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43678 on: January 29, 2021, 06:27:13 pm »

Tammy Duckworth says no >:(
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43679 on: January 29, 2021, 06:30:31 pm »

I'd bet money tammy could clear the monkey bars >:(

... or... whatever those dome things are actually called. Just realized I don't know if they have another name.

More seriously there could be a second entrance for folks that actually have trouble along those lines, or I could just go to them instead. The rest of them climb!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 06:32:18 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 2910 2911 [2912] 2913 2914 ... 3513