Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3078 3079 [3080] 3081 3082 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3587692 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46185 on: September 16, 2021, 05:20:53 pm »

Well done everyone. We've successfully swerved from the court packing topic.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46186 on: September 16, 2021, 05:27:49 pm »

But what is the best packing geometry so that you waste as little space as possible? Assume a spherical Justice in a frictionless vacuum...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46187 on: September 16, 2021, 06:01:22 pm »

But what is the best packing geometry so that you waste as little space as possible? Assume a spherical Justice in a frictionless vacuum...

You presumably have to shave the justices into a hexagonal form of some sort.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46188 on: September 16, 2021, 06:08:36 pm »

Assume cubic Justices of evenly distributed mass, honor and partisanship.  (Methods of accomplishing this are left as an exercise for the proletariat).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46189 on: September 16, 2021, 06:10:02 pm »

That's some real Nazi shit.

It's really not even close.

Republicans voted to throw her out of her committee assignments. Her constituents elected her, and she hadn't broken any rules, so I think that's more than might be expected of Dems, who won't even censure their own over antisemitic comments.

Besides that point, your reply consists of moving the goal posts and no true Scotsman fallacy. If you want to say that Republicans fall in line every time, then you can supply the data.

Lol, "republicans voted to throw her out". Let's look at the exact vote. 230-199, with 11 republicans voting to remove her. Sounds a lot like democrats voted her out. Also, haven't we gone over this exact topic before? This is what I mean by "falling in line". There should be no question that Greene is fucking insane. But republicans will vote to keep her, because they want power. Another vote is slightly better for them so fuck morals.

And if you don't see how blaming Jews for causing natural disasters isn't neo-nazi rhetoric, then I suggest you take some time looking up how neo-nazis talk in their circles. It's just constant blaming the jews for everything and denying the holocaust... But maybe you think I am saying this demonstrates she is a nazi, and I'm not. I'm saying she is repeating neo-nazi rhetoric. Either way, 199 republicans showed approval of that.

"fall in line" is a VERY vague term, and I have provided examples as to why I think it qualifies. If you want to dilute what I meant down to "different parties vote differently" then no shit. No one would say otherwise. If a party often didn't vote together, they wouldn't really be a party in the first place. You posting irrelevant data because you uncharitably interpreted what I meant doesn't mean I am performing a no true Scotsman fallacy because I am not adhering to what you define "fall in line" as.

And just to finish this off. Your accusation of anti-Semitic comments refers to pointing out Israel's war crimes = anti-Semitism. Which is stupid. The country of Israel doesn't represent the race of Jewish people and trying to attach the two together is wrong. We've also already had this argument.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:12:55 pm by Micro102 »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46190 on: September 16, 2021, 06:20:20 pm »

May I use a blender?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46191 on: September 16, 2021, 07:27:35 pm »

I'm just curious what anti-Semitic comments from a Democrat can stack up against Jewish Space Lasers...
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46192 on: September 16, 2021, 07:40:59 pm »

Wild guess: criticism of some of Israel's policies.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46193 on: September 16, 2021, 07:47:04 pm »

Jewish Space Lasers...I have see it all indeed.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46194 on: September 16, 2021, 08:33:26 pm »

My favorite antisemtic conspiracy theory is the one that claimed that Jews can control sharks.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46195 on: September 16, 2021, 08:36:16 pm »

Pfff I blow your sharks with my orbital lasers....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46196 on: September 16, 2021, 08:44:03 pm »

Pfff I blow your sharks with my orbital lasers....
That's a fetish I didn't particularly want to know existed :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46197 on: September 16, 2021, 08:49:36 pm »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/marjorie-taylor-greene-reports-sightings-of-jewish-space-lasers-across-us/amp

Theyre jews! Theyre jews in spaaaaaace! Theyre always on guard, defending the hebrew race!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wai7VFzycI

I am kind of shocked you did not learn of this shitfest sooner baal. Then again, youve been busy with your own bullshit, to care too much about ours.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46198 on: September 16, 2021, 08:53:57 pm »

That is insane, an funny. Not jail-break-attempt-turns-into-murderers-orgy funnynsane, but it's up there.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46199 on: September 16, 2021, 08:56:52 pm »

Since there has been a lot of overlap between reality and onion articles in the past 5 years, I'll just make sure to mention that the newyorker article is satire.
Pages: 1 ... 3078 3079 [3080] 3081 3082 ... 3514