Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3099 3100 [3101] 3102 3103 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3600523 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46500 on: October 11, 2021, 12:06:05 pm »

I'll only be effective if we keep choosing countries to invade that have US-level healthcare infrastructure or worse.

...off-topic but related, all this mess with the Afghanistan withdrawal has brought it to mind. I'm now curious how well Afghanistan was handling the pandemic, and how the taliban is faring with that now that they're stuck with our mess again.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46501 on: October 11, 2021, 12:19:03 pm »

I'll only be effective if we keep choosing countries to invade that have US-level healthcare infrastructure or worse.

...off-topic but related, all this mess with the Afghanistan withdrawal has brought it to mind. I'm now curious how well Afghanistan was handling the pandemic, and how the taliban is faring with that now that they're stuck with our mess again.

As I remember, the Taliban was starting to do quite well because the US-led coalition was anti-vax and kept getting sick, and the Taliban all got vaccinated because they understand basic logistics, etc.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46502 on: October 11, 2021, 12:21:17 pm »

Why the fuck am I not surprised. :/
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46503 on: October 11, 2021, 12:25:12 pm »

I do see a lot of face-masks when I see photo's of Afghanistan in the newspaper, so I think they are handling that sensibly at least.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46504 on: October 11, 2021, 12:37:14 pm »

I'm just laughing at how we keep getting pissed when women in hijab cover their nose and mouth, but think about how good it could be for disease control to have literally 50% of the population masking in public at all times.

If we feel that covering is sexist we could just literally have men cover nose and mouth in spring and fall, and women cover in winter and summer. Enbies and other gender rebels who don't oscillate between male and female will ... cover our eyes? Wear space suits? Wear a mask only on the equinoxes and solstices? Do something completely different based on phases of the moon?

IDK DISEASE PREVENTION GET
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46505 on: October 11, 2021, 01:50:40 pm »

Lmao it's like the same year when France made it illegal to cover your face but then made it illegal to not cover your face

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46506 on: October 11, 2021, 02:30:40 pm »

Its no surprise the US military a good portion doesn't want to get vaxed. The military members were some of the biggest trumptard voters...and often times republican schools are taught to hate america and what it stands for. And surprise surprise most republicans get funded by...guess who?

China

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/10/23/forbes-estimates-china-paid-trump-at-least-54-million-since-he-took-office-via-mysterious-trump-tower-lease/

Trump wasn't a dictator (okay maybe he was that too, to me he always seemed like a mobster his whole family are like the mob). But no. He was the god damn trojan horse.

Guess who is currently the highest power in US? Supreme court. Though there is work to diminish their power, but they can overrule the president...

Trump elected the majority of the supreme court (except one crazy dude)

Wouldn't surprise me if they too weren't backed by china
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 02:32:13 pm by The_Explorer »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46507 on: October 11, 2021, 03:54:38 pm »

Lmao it's like the same year when France made it illegal to cover your face but then made it illegal to not cover your face
I believe I said the same about Hong Kong, last year... The (ongoing, the bits that aren't now crushed under the jackboot) civil protests against the overarching "China don't want two systems any more" stuff happened pretty much in the time leading up to the first snap need to deal with pandemic issues. (If not here, exactly, then I definitely said it elsewhere.)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #46508 on: October 11, 2021, 04:02:55 pm »

Its no surprise the US military a good portion doesn't want to get vaxed. The military members were some of the biggest trumptard voters...and often times republican schools are taught to hate america and what it stands for. And surprise surprise most republicans get funded by...guess who?

China

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/10/23/forbes-estimates-china-paid-trump-at-least-54-million-since-he-took-office-via-mysterious-trump-tower-lease/

Trump wasn't a dictator (okay maybe he was that too, to me he always seemed like a mobster his whole family are like the mob). But no. He was the god damn trojan horse.

Guess who is currently the highest power in US? Supreme court. Though there is work to diminish their power, but they can overrule the president...

Trump elected the majority of the supreme court (except one crazy dude)

Wouldn't surprise me if they too weren't backed by china

I'm a little surprised to see this idea, I was under the impression that Trump was primarily paid/helped by Russia, so that he would be more aggressive against China and Russia wouldn't be as threatened by the growing superpower. Though if Russia's goal was rather to sow disarray in the US by backing him, then China has had the same reason to do so.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46509 on: October 11, 2021, 04:20:59 pm »

I was under the impression that Trump was primarily paid/helped by Russia, so that he would be more aggressive against China and Russia wouldn't be as threatened by the growing superpower. Though if Russia's goal was rather to sow disarray in the US by backing him, then China has had the same reason to do so.
I don't think he was that bothered, nor, maybe, as good at grifting as he actually hoped to be.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46510 on: October 11, 2021, 09:49:35 pm »

The 13th Amendment seems like it could be improved, by actually forbidding slavery. Especially with how obvious it is that due process doesn't really exist, and arrest/conviction rates are more based on who you are than what you did or didn't do.

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46511 on: October 12, 2021, 11:21:53 am »

And grandpa, how ww3 started?

Oh you see, a Chinese trawler threw a large rock that landed on top of a US submarine....
-several ranting and complains about the current generation later:
Oh and the mightiest army in the world was cut short by a insidious foe long thought vanished!

Who grandpa? The soviet union? The nazis?

Nah kido, the polio.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46512 on: October 12, 2021, 11:33:34 am »

Well most likely both russia and china were playing trump like a fiddle

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46513 on: October 12, 2021, 11:38:32 am »

He doesn't care. He got paid. It was all part of the scam.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46514 on: October 12, 2021, 12:17:08 pm »

He doesn't care. He got paid. It was all part of the scam.

well he is attempting scam #2 most likely since it seems like he is gonna try running again. Which if he officially does I'll enjoy watching him lose a second time, especially when more and more evidence of how much he is backed by china (money wise) comes out.

Even my most hardcore trumpers in my family when they realized trump was paid and backed by china (apparently didnt care about the russian stuff) finally (well two did, my cousins and yes they are the meme gross relationship together kind) called and said "Well damn you were right this whole time, he is the biggest conartist we eva saw" in their...well no offense or anything but their redneck/trailer park voices and accent. I guess they said the entire trailer park they are at which went 100% for trump all threw out all their trump stuff...granted its a small park of like 20 or 30 people or something dunno what it is now but that was a few years ago, anyway. Surprised they had my number the whole time really, they hated my guts for what I told them that he was a conartist. Tbh though didn't expect him to be a chinese trojan horse, kinda took me by surprise. Russian trojan horse yeah, but didn't realize china was paying him too with how much trump did the sanctions against them and stuff.

Turns out finding out trump was just a chinese trojan horse probably made him lose at least some portion of support. Granted that is just one personal case I off-hand witnessed and only by what my cousins said, but they sure were pissed.
Pages: 1 ... 3099 3100 [3101] 3102 3103 ... 3515