Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3100 3101 [3102] 3103 3104 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3593060 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46515 on: October 12, 2021, 01:34:58 pm »

I'm saying he doesn't care, because even if he runs again it won't be on his own dime. If he ain't paying for it, why not try his luck again? Our country is just stupid enough to elect him again.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46516 on: October 12, 2021, 01:50:26 pm »

Which if he officially does [run] I'll enjoy watching him lose

He said, in the year of our lord, 2016
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46517 on: October 12, 2021, 02:26:54 pm »

Yeah, basically that. We all know damn well at this point that they're going to try to implement more voter suppression and gerrymandering to enable another win, and if they lose we're gonna have another insurrection.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46518 on: October 13, 2021, 08:24:24 am »

Yeah, basically that. We all know damn well at this point that they're going to try to implement more voter suppression and gerrymandering to enable another win, and if they lose we're gonna have another insurrection.

And voter suppression/gerrymandering can be stopped, and could have been stopped at any point in the last 100+ years, but there isn't anyone who has political power and also cares.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46519 on: October 13, 2021, 09:05:16 am »

Well most likely both russia and china were playing trump like a fiddle
Russia perhaps, but not China. Makes sense too; Russia needs China, but it doesn't need a powerful China on its doorstep threatening to bugger every Russian foothold left in central asia

Man if they win they're going to have another insurrection anyways

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46520 on: October 13, 2021, 11:29:11 am »

I'unno, China would make plenty of sense, too... from what I understand, trump was pretty good for domestic political consumption over there. We didn't really do much actual damage to them and his horseshit pissed off a lot of their folks. Them having been in on the fiddle playing, too, isn't exactly out there in terms of proposition.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46521 on: October 13, 2021, 01:26:15 pm »

I'unno, China would make plenty of sense, too... from what I understand, trump was pretty good for domestic political consumption over there. We didn't really do much actual damage to them and his horseshit pissed off a lot of their folks. Them having been in on the fiddle playing, too, isn't exactly out there in terms of proposition.
It's completely out there, no way in hell they would influence him AND let him arm Taiwan. Any Chinese puppet would act neutral, disarm Taiwan, let it fall to China and only afterwards go anti-China

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46522 on: October 17, 2021, 01:16:55 pm »

Dubya shows public support for outspoken anti-Trump Republican Liz Cheney (daughter of Dick), by holding a fundraiser for her in Dallas tomorrow.

This is hopefully a sign that there is yet a place within the Republican party for anti-Trumpers.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46523 on: October 17, 2021, 01:20:18 pm »

It would be such a cap on this decade (I say in 2021) if Republicans elected the first woman president.
And of course it would be the war-profiteer family.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46524 on: October 17, 2021, 02:20:10 pm »

I've never seen what the point is in being 'first' this or that. Even as a symbolic gesture once a post has become far removed from my local reality I just don't care; it's like if tomorrow I found out there was the first billionaire or PM from my demographic... I still would be exactly where I am, and just as bitter. But good on everyone else for climbing the greasy pole

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46525 on: October 17, 2021, 03:10:00 pm »

When I was in high school, I had conversations with one of my liberal male classmates, who thought Clinton would be a bad President because women on their periods are hysterical and thus shouldn't be trusted with the nuclear codes ;D

(The joke is that Clinton had been through menopause already)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46526 on: October 18, 2021, 12:19:57 pm »

I've never seen what the point is in being 'first' this or that. Even as a symbolic gesture once a post has become far removed from my local reality I just don't care; it's like if tomorrow I found out there was the first billionaire or PM from my demographic... I still would be exactly where I am, and just as bitter. But good on everyone else for climbing the greasy pole

It means something very different to historically marginalized groups. Even if it's far removed from their daily life, it's still to them a sign that they're reaching the inclusion and worth that's been denied to them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 12:58:44 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46527 on: October 18, 2021, 01:00:03 pm »

I'm going to add that 1. Powerful, visible people from your demographic can advocate for your interests (like all the straight white rich christian cisgender men advocating for the straight white rich christian cisgender male interests via theft cops laws and war) and also 2. If you want to be something (say, a mathematician) and people manage to convince you that no one like you has never done it before, so you should just give up because people like you are biologically incapable, that's a different thing with a clear counterexample to "universal" biological incapacity.

It's helpful to see older trans people because it helps younger trans people understand that they might make it to old age without getting murdered. It helps to see Black people in power because Black people (in the US) are not seen, usually, as legitimate wielders of power. Just look at what they tried to do to delegitimize Obama's American citizenship.

And on another level, it really helps to get in everyone's mind: "No, people like me are not simply worthless, so maybe starting a concentration camp isn't a good solution to the X Problem."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46528 on: October 18, 2021, 06:09:40 pm »

Don't be silly, the solution to the X-Problem is giant robots
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46529 on: October 18, 2021, 06:57:25 pm »

If not, try with giant spiders.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 3100 3101 [3102] 3103 3104 ... 3515