Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3581374 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Good thing we got the self serving tool of big business instead, then
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good thing we got the self serving tool of big business instead, then

Probably no worse off either way.

hakuna your tatas dude. Ranting and raving because Sanders didnt turn out to be the second coming of jesus christ doesnt help any discussion.

At what point did FD even mention Sanders there?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

I don't disagree FD, except that I think she would have been a solid president in spite of all that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 4 more years of Obama.  We could have done, and did, a lot worse.  Who cares if she's an, she has a background diplomacy, she's currently very mainstream democrat in her politics, and she's understands our government.  I don't doubt she would have found some stupid laws and conflicts to get us into, but that's the norm for presidents lately.  And yes, she's a neoliberal with corporate connections.  That's also the norm.  Its not about the good or the bad, its about the better or the worse.

Its like the democratic party was offered McDonalds burger or like a sitdown restaurant 20$ burger, and then there was a vender on the street screaming about how McDonalds has pink goo and they put laxatives in the meat.  And so when offered two perfectly viable choices, somehow we ended up with a rotten fish.  Even after cutting it open and seeing the maggots inside, some of us our still happy about the decision.  Cause at least there's no pink goo...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

high in protein
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clinton networked her way into power.

Yes... that is typically how you do it.

She held no meaningful federal office until her stint in Congress-which came about solely because of the self-selling and networking opportunities of eight years as First Lady-and parlayed that into her time as Sec.State

Yes, also how you typically do things.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She swung from being a Goldwater Girl to helping McGovern's campaign in less than a decade, because that was the way the path to power ran.
And Trump changed from an inveterate pussy-grabber to someone apparently beyond such reproach in in about the same time-scale, we must note.... ;)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dislike Trump, but it's discussions like this that make me believe we deserve him.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, he IS a product of the state that poltics has gotten into, particularily on the Republican side.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, he IS a product of the state that poltics has gotten into, particularily on the Republican side.

Ehhh America has had this sense of overvaluing business in Presidential politics for decades. To the extent where Presidents often had to have some sort of business acumen.

Trump is just more of an extreme version.

Think of it this way according to public perception Trump is a highly successful businessman... Thus he can make America highly successful... And coming from a long economic slump it only makes him even more attractive.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:25:51 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, Trump molded his public perception to look like a highly successful businessman, when he's really not that great of a businessman.

I wonder if it'll start swinging the other way because the pendulum is about as far as it'll get, though I suppose people will try to look for one who is actually and truly successful in business.

Having some experience as an entrepreneur certainly doesn't hurt though.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Possibly some good news that can probably be linked to Trump.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-surveillance-idUSKBN17U2OF

So basically the NSA won't keep an archive of this forum anymore just because we mention the name Assad, or Dirty Bomb, If I understand it right.

It's starting to look like there may be some benefits to having President TDTCYFABONCD.  I still doubt it will make up for the bad, but at least something good is coming of it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:06:03 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

well crap. there goes my reason for organizing armed, train men and planning an overthrow of a democratically elected government due to small-government idealism and conspiracy theories.

er. i mean...allahu akbar?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I still don't like him, but at least some good is coming of this instead of just writing off 4 years as a straight loss.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Possibly some good news that can probably be linked to Trump.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-surveillance-idUSKBN17U2OF

So basically the NSA won't keep an archive of this forum anymore just because we mention the name Assad, or Dirty Bomb, If I understand it right.

It's starting to look like there may be some benefits to having President TDTCYFABONCD.  I still doubt it will make up for the bad, but at least something good is coming of it.

You don't have to spy on half the websites

If you make it so ISPs don't have to give access to them

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Colbert put out a video for the 100 days thing. 99 days in 99 seconds.

I lost it at the line by some Fox News guy (Shepard Smith?) in the middle that I've somehow not heard before. Holy shit. The quote, the delivery, the deadpan tone, the unflinching, deadly-serious "I am death, destroyer of worlds" look on his face as he says it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 3513