Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3607146 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9135 on: July 14, 2017, 05:33:23 pm »

It's also just completely misplaced reasoning.

#1. A lot of drug smugglers use catapults, planes and/or tunnels to get drugs across. Throwing shit over a 20 foot high wall that weighs 60 (or 50 or 40 or 30) pounds is both difficult and highly unlikely.

#2. The odds of being hit by a parcel thrown over the wall along the entire Mexican border are astronomically low, or assumes Trump will have a border guard stationed every....let's be generous, 20 feet along the whole length of the wall. (Which, of course he will, because he deals in impossible nonsense.)

I can't wait until he makes his case for why it should be lined in gold and have his name of it as well.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:02:32 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: July 14, 2017, 05:38:08 pm »

I should state that 60 pounds of Cocaine is basically a flour sack of Cocaine.

Also... I know this is old news but it is so WTF worthy I have to say it here...

According to Trump... Trump Towers is a completely sealed environment.

Maybe... Trump is smarter then he looks. I mean, he has already mastered the technology to colonize Mars.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:41:25 pm by Neonivek »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: July 14, 2017, 05:47:04 pm »

I can't wait to have to argue with someone if having a bag thrown over the border and landing on your head is a serious issue that the United States government has to address.

Also, I think this sort of confirms that against all odds Donald Trump really is as drug abstinent as he claims to be. 60 pounds of cocaine, assuming that it's powdered cocaine, has already been cut, and has a street price of about $100 a gram...is $72,000 of cocaine. Yeah, just go ahead at toss that over a wall to land on some unsuspecting innocent oathkeeper on the prowl for illegals.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: July 14, 2017, 06:01:24 pm »

Hey German Bay12ers (and those that know the language), does German have a word for 'colluding with politicians or two politicians colluding with each other' and a word for 'colluding with an adverserial state in an illegal fashion to work with said states espionage apparatus to get dirt on their opponents'? Or at least what word amalgamation would you create for those definitions.

The reason I'm asking is because this Senator says 'Everybody colludes in this town' ('this town' being Washington D.C.),which is making it sound like English needs a new word to separate his definition of collude with the variant of colluding that Trump looks a hell of a lot like he was doing.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:03:29 pm by smjjames »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: July 14, 2017, 06:10:56 pm »

You've got small pounds there, MSH.

We have Klüngel* for more-or-less normal everyday small-scale corruption. It's occasionally used in a positive sense, as it enables folks to bypass bureaucratic procedures, but ever since the Cologne city archive crashed into a subway tunnel because some 70% of the necessary metal didn't end up being built into the walls, but instead were sold off, that's diminished a lot.

For the collusion thing we don't really have a word except for Hochverrat, which is just high treason.

*In principle Cologne-specific, but you can use it anywhere.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: July 14, 2017, 06:13:06 pm »

While it uses an odd analogy, Trump does make sense here. I mean, there's a lot more to transparency but it's just a simple analogy to try to explain why transparency is good.

Well, kinda. Really transparency is about accountability, but I suppose that if you see what your government is doing you can know how to respond to it rather than being uncertain shortly before being hit with unexpected fines and being arrested or something.
you give him too much credit when apparently he's talking about literally making the Mexican Wall transparent
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: July 14, 2017, 06:15:22 pm »

You've got small pounds there, MSH.
I DON'T MEASURE THINGS STOP PERSECUTING ME

Yeah, I felt like something was off about the cost of that 60 lb bag of cocaine. So, you'd be throwing $2,718,000 over the wall. Why, you could pay for the wall in no time like that, even with the wergild of all the dead oathkeepers!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: July 14, 2017, 06:48:18 pm »

While it uses an odd analogy, Trump does make sense here. I mean, there's a lot more to transparency but it's just a simple analogy to try to explain why transparency is good.

Well, kinda. Really transparency is about accountability, but I suppose that if you see what your government is doing you can know how to respond to it rather than being uncertain shortly before being hit with unexpected fines and being arrested or something.
you give him too much credit when apparently he's talking about literally making the Mexican Wall transparent

I mean, maybe he is talking about figurative transparency? Like some kind of surveillance or peepholes or something.

Either that or he's going to make it out of glass, the best glass. American glass.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: July 14, 2017, 06:51:04 pm »

And mind you a 60 pound bag of Cocaine is the most reasonable example.

60 pound Tent of Marihuana or Inner Tube of LSD

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: July 14, 2017, 07:01:36 pm »

Dude if you had 60 pounds of LSD..
£60.0s.0d would be at least £851.74 today...

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: July 14, 2017, 07:16:20 pm »

OHH NO! Mexicans are trying to destroy our power grid by coating our solar panels in cocaine!!!

Okay, can I sig this?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: July 14, 2017, 07:27:16 pm »

Go ahead. As long as you don't sig something meant to hurt my feelings I have no problem with it (and if you think it MIGHT hurt my feelings... Drop my a PM and explain yourself... don't even have to wait for my answer)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: July 14, 2017, 08:50:09 pm »

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/14/537282309/vote-fraud-commission-releases-public-comments-email-addresses-and-all
*slow clap*

It's a "public comment". While I hate to be on the side defending them. The whole voter fraud thing is set on an idiotic premise and made worse by the fact they probably will find some low level, inconsequential voter fraud going on to justify it. But this is an absolutely stupid thing to get upset about. The left wing needs to stop crying wolf every time they hear a howl, see a paw print, or step in some week old scat.

Public comment. Your comment and basic identity will be public as part of the submission. If you're not comfortable with that then back off.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: July 14, 2017, 08:53:24 pm »

Public comment. Your comment and basic identity will be public as part of the submission. If you're not comfortable with that then back off.

Sure, now did they blatantly advertise the fact that these comments would outright reveal this information?

As well by revealing this information are they, in fact, trying to force public discussion in a way that aids them? (Since even in a public forum people don't have to speak their names and phone numbers in order to talk)

It is poor form either way and frankly the commission deserves its scrutiny. It would deserve scrutiny even if they blatantly advertised it.
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 3515