Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3583143 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2017, 07:22:17 pm »

Anyone remember how the TSA needed to massively expand so there were hiring advertisements on pizza boxes and everything? I mean, we're now for people underneath that caliber.

I couldn't decide which word to emphasize, so I went for both.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2017, 07:22:45 pm »

Shit is getting depressing. Have some more twitter nonsense to lighten up.
https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/825781634330980352
"Days until achieving MAJORITY disapproval from @Gallup

Reagan: 727
Bush I: 1336
Clinton: 573
Bush II: 1205
Obama: 936

Trump: 8. days."

... on second thought, this isn't working.

Handy Vox article.

Not sure what you meant by 'this isn't working' though.

Of course though, his disapproval was ALREADY low, so, it just had a lot less distance to get there. Not like it dropped from 60% approval.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:24:35 pm by smjjames »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2017, 07:23:41 pm »

Anyone remember how the TSA needed to massively expand so there were hiring advertisements on pizza boxes and everything? I mean, we're now for people underneath that caliber.

I couldn't decide which word to emphasize, so I went for both.
Perhaps they can put the ads inside the bottom of whisky bottles next time. There's an untapped market for you. They see the job advert when they run out of whisky and need some more.

EDIT: I just had a great thought. They perfect the life-extending technology within 8 years, Trump is the first to get it, then they abolish term limits.

Of course though, his disapproval was ALREADY low, so, it just had a lot less distance to get there. Not like it dropped from 60% approval.

there's a "no opinion" option in those polls however, so approve and dis-approve aren't 100% mirror images.

Up until Jan 25th there was 45% pro, 45% against Trump. So party lines with 10% undecided. In the last 5 days, 2/3rds of the undecided have actually switched to be Anti-Trump, while 10% of the pro-trumpers have switched.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:31:57 pm by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2017, 07:30:43 pm »

So, how much probability do you put that those poor people that were shipped to black detention sites are going to be tortured into confessing that they were planning 9/11-type attacks on USA, thus giving Trump a "justification" to give himself emergency powers?
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2017, 07:33:03 pm »

Trump: "There's an Emergency. People in the cities are angry, they're burning American flags. They're on twitter calling me names. I need new emergency powers".

Actually there's a suggestion that Trump broke federal law because he deleted a tweet on his POTUS account. That's a breach of the Presidential Records Act.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:35:26 pm by Reelya »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »

You joke, but I can honestly see that happening. We are not at all far away from that point, and I imagine that a portion of the U.S would cheer such a measure.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2017, 07:35:16 pm »

Handy Vox article.

Not sure what you meant by 'this isn't working' though.

The "lightening up" part isn't working. And now your article says that this rating is BEFORE this clusterfuck started so yeah, its all downhill from here and its not looking to be any better.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2017, 07:37:05 pm »

Ah right so we should expect to see bigger slumps from here. The "undecided" pool is rapidly shrinking already. But we have to wonder what the baseline from "Trump no matter what" actually is. Perhaps 35%. He has 42% approval, 52% dissapproval now, with 6% undecided. 5 days ago it was 45% approval, 45% dissapproval with 10% undecided. So that seems live a pretty rapid reduction in the "wait and see" people.

EDIT: Interesting. The taxi drivers union in NY City opposed the Muslim ban and went on protest by holding a 1-hour work stoppage. But Uber exploited the situation by heavily advertising the fact that they still operated to the location of the strike
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/29/14431246/uber-trump-muslim-ban

Now people are associating Uber with exploiting the strike to make money, and turning on Uber.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:48:54 pm by Reelya »

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2017, 07:50:54 pm »

I'm not at all surprised that Uber tried that.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2017, 08:14:18 pm »

Yeah I heard about that Uber driver who lives in a carpark and how they want to cut him out of the deal ;)

Ubers more of a fad here, but I think in America it's rapidly shifting from a thing people do for a few bucks to become something like peasant-level subsistence living for some of it's drivers.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2017, 09:15:20 pm »

You know, Trump voters aren't even all that bad. Only 46% of them believe in Pizzagate. So given a random Trump voter, they're slightly more likely to not actually be a raving loony who gets their information from InfoWars-level conspiracy blogs.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:19:11 pm by Reelya »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 3513