Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3591300 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even Genghis Khan would've released his tax returns.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Even Satan would lay off the spray tan.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Even Genghis Khan would've released his tax returns.
... and now I have the mental image of a president genghis pelting reporters with skulls inscribed with his tax return information.

E: They are tiny skulls. President genghis carved the data into the skulls of prepubescent orphans to spite the fourth estate.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:26:04 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Not even Hitler would have used a Hitler analogy to attempt to justify his position.

I'm not necessarily against the Syrian strike, I don't have enough info to make a judgement, but crazy Spice is really taking a deep huff on the paint thinner.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It's funny you'd mention Genghis Khan and taxes, because I once read a historical document in which the group of nobles beneath him detailed the agreement of what men and horses they would provide to him which reads surprisingly like a tax return in-between the repetitive statements impelling him to ride against their enemies and destroy them.

So, exactly like a tax return, in retrospect.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And EVEN if Hitler didn't use chemical weapons, rewriting history... Would anyone honestly believe it would have been out of some shred of morality?

Might as well go "Even the Zulu never resorted to chemical weapons!" or "Even Julius Caesar never resorted to Chlorine Gas!"

Not that Hitler was pure evil and couldn't think of anything except in terms of how to do evil... But chemical weapons in WW2 was hardly the moral event horizon just so we are clear.

Most tyrants who are that crazy actually believe they are the most moral people on the planet. Hitler definitely believed he was in the right. Without supporting Hitler I do think it's not correct to say he had no shred of morality. Someone with literally no shred of morality would be personally torturing people to death, eating roasted babies, raping puppies, the works. It's actually very easy to imagine people who have levels of evil far surpassing Hitler, I'd go so far as to say some soldiers on the allied side were actually more evil than Hitler but just had far more limited opportunity to do evil, so they'd do things like rape and kill Axis civilian women.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:59:08 am by Reelya »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

He didn't even have the ball to fire his own maid, so yeah. The dude was kind of a wimp.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also once you're the head of a frikkin machine that big, the machine as a whole sort of transcends human morality. Look at multinationals which are acussed of committing atrocities in third world countries, then look at their executives who are very polite country-club types. Coca Cola's arm in Colombia was found to be using local death squads to exterminate union organizers for example. Some people tried to bring that up at a shareholders meeting of the main company and were completely shut out. The main company didn't care or want to know what people were doing under their name. But they probably also donate to all the right charities and are very pleasant company. Coca Cola executives worse than Hitler or not?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:07:07 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even Hitler never killed in the name of Coca Cola

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

There is a very special place in hell reserved for Coca Cola executives. It involves being waterboarded with Pepsi for all eternity. By Hitler.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:25:53 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like Treet's twumps, personally. It's permanent and documentary evidence that we can pull up decades from now when young people ask if we really were that stupid, and ask why Dad swears so much when I bring him up I'm just trying to write a paper, please dear don't get him started again why don't you go help with the dishes?
If there was a more obvious way to "follow, but not Follow" someone, I might be tempted to get a Twitter account to more handily monitor some people (like Trump, who I don't want to be perceived as numerically 'supporting') than my current method of visiting the likes of https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump in an unaffiliated browser.

I can't imagine that Twitter (the social unifier) even wants to do that though ("@user has <blahdeblah> Followers and <folderol> unaligned stalkers...") just as there's probably nothing in Facebook's interface that stores "Hate" counts in opposition the "Like" ones.

So imma gonna do it my own way, and if I miss anything important.... Well, there'll be something new along tomorrow, no doubt.

(Tyops!)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:29:43 am by Starver »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

Even Hitler never killed in the name of Coca Cola

I would sig this, but then I'd have to explain the context to everyone I meet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I like Treet's twumps, personally. It's permanent and documentary evidence that we can pull up decades from now when young people ask if we really were that stupid, and ask why Dad swears so much when I bring him up I'm just trying to write a paper, please dear don't get him started again why don't you go help with the dishes?
If there was a more obvious way to "follow, but not Follow" someone, I might be tempted to get a Twitter account to more handily monitor some people (like Trump, who I don't want to be perceived as numerically 'supporting') than my current method of visiting the likes of https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump in an unaffiliated browser.

I can't imagine that Twitter (the social unifier) even wants to do that though ("@user has <blahdeblah> Followers and <folderol> unaligned stalkers...") just as there's probably nothing in Facebook's interface that stores "Hate" counts in opposition the "Like" ones.

So imma gonna do it my own way, and if I miss anything important.... Well, there'll be something new along tomorrow, no doubt.

(Tyops!)

Those crooks over at bay12 are too embarrassed to follow me!  Sad!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

He didn't even have the ball to fire his own maid, so yeah. The dude was kind of a wimp.

I see what you did there.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 3514