Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3535333 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

'It's not too late' to get rid of FBI Director James Comey, Trump says

Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo asked Trump why he still has so many Obama holdovers remaining in his administration, specifically pointing to Comey, who is not technically a political appointee.

Asked whether it was "too late" to get rid of Comey, Trump appeared hesitant to discuss his future.

"No, it's not too late," Trump said. "But you know I have confidence in him. We’ll see what happens. It is going to be interesting."

Trump went on to hit Comey for his actions in the Clinton email investigation, saying he was "very, very good to her" and "if he weren't, she would probably be going to trial."

Comey said last summer his agency did not recommend that charges be brought against Clinton after a yearlong investigation into her use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.
So, Comey is under fire, presumably for not backing off on Trump-Russia investigation. Also, Trump has a very weird definition of "positive things".
._.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Comey seems a bit like a modern day Sir John Hotham, who ended up annoying both sides by his actions (or possibly intentions). Imagine if Comey had kept the Almost-November Surprise as quiet as the three-or-four-month-old Russian Connection thing. That would have not denied Hull to Hillary.

The other thing is that Trump ought to come out of things much better if he didn't broadcast broad threats against investigations he claims will find nothing. I wonder if it would be worse if it's because of him being psychologically unable to bear the process or him being factually vulnerable...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I haven't been able to keep up.  What is trump's current position on issues?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Not what it'll be next week, not what it was last week. Misk gave a go a bit upthread at summarizing it as "Whatever Obama wasn't." Adjusted appropriately for various things, such as current news, familial influence, congress noise making, the current maximum sustained northbound speed of the average unladen swallow in the middle of a class 3 hurricane, etc., etc.

E: Also has something like at least 50/50 odds of not being whatever a white house spokesperson says they are. It's something of a crap shoot overall.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:57:27 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think right now he's moving at around -3 Obama-cubits per second, but where exactly he's going is anyone's guess, since it's impossible to know Trump's position and momentum simultaneously.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

First black woman and muslim on the New York Court of Appeals, Sheila Abdus-Salaam, found floating dead in Hudson River, the day after being reported missing.  The bits I've read state there's no indication of foul play or criminality.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First black woman and muslim on the New York Court of Appeals, Sheila Abdus-Salaam, found floating dead in Hudson River, the day after being reported missing.  The bits I've read state there's no indication of foul play or criminality.

So... she drowned? Had a stroke? Heart attack?

Because that is... suspicious on its own (Don't get too many land people dying in the Hudson)

---

Though here is hoping there is no race riot!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Preliminary reports state that there were no signs of trauma on the body, and it was fully clothed. The most plausible explanation at this time is that she fell (or jumped) into the river and drowned, but further investigation is under way.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Though here is hoping there is no race riot!
Why would there be a race riot?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

A very prominent black Muslim woman, who has been an extremely prominent liberal voice on the state's highest cout, had died under very mysterious circumstances. With the current social and media environment, suspicions that she was murdered to silence minority voices could very easily spread like wildfire if the investigation team isn't very careful.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lotta flashpoints lately. What are the causes?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Widespread general unrest, is the most likely. Everyone is looking for somebody to blame their misfortunes on, and minorities are no exception. That much of their problems are indeed caused by inequality only stokes that fire.

On the other hand, majority demographics come to view minorities as dangerous, should race riots spring up, leading to more draconian enforcement systems (in the name of preserving order), which in turn, create more general, widespread unrest.

If there is a solution, authoritarianism is not it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Throw enough tear gas at it, the problem will go away.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

No. the crowd disperses, but the problem (civil unrest), gets worse.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 3511