Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3589032 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

So, despite Squidbillies informing me that Auburn sucks, I disagree, they defused a bunch of antifa kids by laughing at them.

https://twitter.com/TheSwogBlog/status/855252975455010817

"I like to drive in my truck. (He like's to drive in his truck!)
Auburn rocks. (Auburn rocks!)"

I get it kids, really, I want to lynch Trump and burn him in front of his family, but being bitchy antihipsters and getting in fights isn't helping anything.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Carrotman has a nice butt, I'm ok with carrotman.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, despite Squidbillies informing me that Auburn sucks, I disagree, they defused a bunch of antifa kids by laughing at them.

https://twitter.com/TheSwogBlog/status/855252975455010817

"I like to drive in my truck. (He like's to drive in his truck!)
Auburn rocks. (Auburn rocks!)"

I get it kids, really, I want to lynch Trump and burn him in front of his family, but being bitchy antihipsters and getting in fights isn't helping anything.

And here we see the marketplace in action. Goofy mascots are the best way of getting one's points across, so I fully expect to look at serious attempts to a waving inflatable arm puppet into congress shortly.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

I could swear I suggested that at some point.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I fully expect to look at serious attempts to a waving inflatable arm puppet into congress shortly.

All in favor of this bill, say "aye"

*Arm flailing intensifies*
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This'll be fun.
just remember while he may have freedom of speech that doesn't mean people cant boo over him with theirs.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This'll be fun.
just remember while he may have freedom of speech that doesn't mean people cant boo over him with theirs.

Depends on how you're meaning "booing over" the heckler's veto on free speech, for example, is not an acceptable cause for restriction on speech.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

That's what you guys mean by antifa? Hell, over here the antifa is folks who form the black block at demonstrations, wearing scarves to conceal their identities, fighting police, burning cars, and sending literal neo-nazis crying for their mamas. In comparison, your antifa looks like a bunch of pussies. 'I came all the way from Atlanta, and you're laughing at us?'
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's what you guys mean by antifa? Hell, over here the antifa is folks who form the black block at demonstrations, wearing scarves to conceal their identities, fighting police, burning cars, and sending literal neo-nazis crying for their mamas. In comparison, your antifa looks like a bunch of pussies. 'I came all the way from Atlanta, and you're laughing at us?'

Yes. It's a very silly place.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Welcome to America! Leave your sanity, reason, seriousness, and intelligence at the door. Please pick up your free gun and bucket of lard to the right, and baffling entitlement and religious blindness on the left. Proceed through the moving sidewalk, up the escalator, and down the elevator to the exercise room.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Hell, over here the antifa is folks who form the black block at demonstrations, wearing scarves to conceal their identities, fighting police, burning cars, and sending literal neo-nazis crying for their mamas.

Not gonna lie, that sounds far more cancerous than what we have in the USA. I prefer ours stay more yellow than black.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

This'll be fun.

Speechcraft is the use of the psionic interlink between human verbalization and the symbolic representation of ideas contained within language, applied to alter the structure of the universe.[1] Speechcraft is recognized by the United Nations as one of the Prime Threats under the degeneration and ruination categories, and is correspondingly illegal in all places, though certain local authorities have varied in their enforcement of the ban.[2] Several non-governmental organizations believe that speechcraft restrictions should be loosened or eliminated; these groups generally refer to speechcraft as Freedom of Speech and are classified as phrase terrorists in official listings.[3] Some nations are considered by the UN to be sympathetic to phrase terrorist groups or otherwise engaged in inadequate enforcement of the ban on speechcraft, notably including the United States, Canada, Spain, Somalia, and Australia.[4] 

The applications of speechcraft are as varied as the concepts carried within human speech, and with sufficient power can be used to carry out any effect which can be expressed as an action or proclamation of fact. Fortunately, in practice, there are two main limitations that prevent speechcraft practitioners from destroying humanity. Firstly, the power of speech is diluted by the population of its users, the more humans drawing from any form of mundane speech the weaker the effect of any speechcraft rendered in this language. Though this would seem to allow any practitioner to invent their own language, there is in fact a baseline of living or dead speakers required to establish the connection between words and their symbolism in the first place. Correspondingly, this makes dead or nearly-dead languages very dangerous, and efforts to eliminate existing "terror languages" are tasked to the United Nations Linguistic Consolidation Mission.[5] Secondly, the degree of power gained from boosting speechcraft via blood consecration is very small, as the symbolic dissonance between the two forms of ritual creates high inefficiency. Most individuals attempting speechcraft have access to no ritual forms beyond speech and blood, and this barrier to entry allows only well-funded groups to be a threat.[6]

In spite of this, speechcraft remains one of the greatest common threats due to its ease of use. Though common words do not function as speechcraft, it is relatively easy for even an untrained person to discover the required mindset, especially if involved in a form of art that makes use of speech. Worse still, the nature of speechcraft causes it to be more effective on human beings than other forms of life or inanimate objects, and so even the low degree of power available to most practitioners can be used to ill ends. It is for this reason that most nations have a Declared Overton Window. Uses of minor mind control within this region are still politically stable, while positions outside the window are universally suppressed to make mind control irrelevant. Outside of political usage, most legal traditions prescribe silencing as a punishment to any criminal activities employing speechcraft. [7] A notable exception to these norms is the United States. Though the United States has avoided formal sanction through use of its position on the UNSC, it is frequently criticized for having no national Overton Window nor any national use of silencing outside the provisions of the Patriot Act. Though several state jurisdictions apply both and the platforms of both the Democratic and Republican parties support the establishment of an Overton Window, progress has been stalled by most Presidents. [8]

With the evolution of the digital age, speechcraft has become increasingly dangerous, as the symbolic legitimization of the internet as a mode of speech grows stronger. Though only high-power, low-effect uses of speechcraft have been demonstrated online, it is expected that online speechcraft will become equally functional to that of a major language by 2025 as more people used to the internet continue to mature.[9]

>_
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:39:08 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

Oh, you!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

10/10 would summon demons with overly free speech again
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 3514