Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595887 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

yet somehow these scum are still in office.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for pulling that meme out... again... How about you look into that bag of yours and find a likable candidate that could run for us last year instead.

What was unlikable? She won the popular vote.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for pulling that meme out... again... How about you look into that bag of yours and find a likable candidate that could run for us last year instead.

The answer to that is.... complicated. Much of it comes from having been in politics for so long and theres the whole Clinton stuff, plus establishment backlash. Ask 100 people why they don't like Hillary and you'll get 100 reasons.

There's really no single overriding reason why she lost, theres several major factors that were at play. And as much as the Dems want to blame Comey, he didn't make her lose. What he did certainly didn't help, but it's not the main reasons why.

Though the most immediate reason she lost is because of how Democrats have been centralizing in urban/suburban areas, which affects the distribution of votes, and also Electoral College sheneinighans.

You could do a PHd dissertation on the whole thing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:42:24 pm by smjjames »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Theres a reason that argument is literally drowned.

Edit: Also on the healthcare thing, they had their chance, and their chance's plan was shit and can stay dead.

Also, the net neutrality thing is no surprise, considering the current chairman was literally the 'no, y u do this, this doesn't matter, this does not help my our bribers supporters man previously.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:55:33 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn legally elected scum enacting policy plans.

Almost like there's a reason why limited government is an important thing.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I would love to but guess what, VA has closed primaries, and it was a forgone conclusion anyway.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Oh noes, forgone conclusions. You mean like how we weren't supposed to get the joke president?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Oh noes, forgone conclusions. You mean like how we weren't supposed to get the joke president?

No, as in the single vote I (don't) have wasn't going to put bernie or anyone else on the ticket over hillary.  Same goes for the republican side.  I have better odds of winning the lottery after being struck by lightning, over being a deciding vote in anything in my entire life.  Hell, my presidential vote didn't matter either, northern VA would have gone blue either way, and those EC votes didn't go anywhere.

Democrats were complacent in that they could beat whatever hated joke publicans put on the ballot, without realizing they themselves had a hated joke on the ballot.  And even I could go on a soapbox in the midwest, rant and blatantly lie about returning jobs to America, and earn most of their vote.  Doesn't matter how fucked in the brain I am in other ways, they only want to hear one thing.  Could anyone actually do it?  No, but no one cares about that part come election time.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok now I can't help but to think of American politics as some sort of videogame and we picked Donald Trump, the joke character, as some sort of handicap...

I think we should lower the difficulty.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Damn legally elected scum enacting policy plans.

Almost like there's a reason why limited government is an important thing.
Yeah, without limited government judges wouldn't have stopped some of the illegal shit Trump is doing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I have better odds of winning the lottery after being struck by lightning, over being a deciding vote in anything in my entire life. 

No, this isn't right. In a popular vote where the one accumulating the most votes win every vote is the deciding vote. That's how accumulation works.
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

No, as in the single vote I (don't) have wasn't going to put bernie or anyone else on the ticket over hillary.  Same goes for the republican side.  I have better odds of winning the lottery after being struck by lightning, over being a deciding vote in anything in my entire life.  Hell, my presidential vote didn't matter either, northern VA would have gone blue either way, and those EC votes didn't go anywhere.
Are you sure of those numbers? I learned how to run this, I can calulate the exact value of your vote (although there are different ways of deciding that; one way is "likelihood of deciding the election", another is "number of winning coalitions I create", and there are others; I can pull out my notes if you want). What's your electoral district? I'll bet the odds of you deciding that are substantially higher than either getting struck by lightening OR winning the lottery!

The answer to that is.... complicated. Much of it comes from having been in politics for so long and theres the whole Clinton stuff, plus establishment backlash. Ask 100 people why they don't like Hillary and you'll get 100 reasons.

There's really no single overriding reason why she lost, theres several major factors that were at play. And as much as the Dems want to blame Comey, he didn't make her lose. What he did certainly didn't help, but it's not the main reasons why.

Though the most immediate reason she lost is because of how Democrats have been centralizing in urban/suburban areas, which affects the distribution of votes, and also Electoral College sheneinighans.

But that doesn't answer his argument at all. You presuppose that she is unpopular, and then ask why that is. But hector is questioning the premise of your argument! She won the popular vote. How could the less popular candidate win the popular vote? By definition, more Americans preferred Hillary to Trump. He's asking not "Why is she unpopular?" He's asking "Is she unpopular?" You can say unpopular relative to past presidential elections if you want, but relative to her own race she won the popularity contest, as it were.

The cause of her loss was the electoral college. The reasons for her loss are complex, but certainly, that people are amazingly uncritical of Donald Trump for things that they would murder Clinton for is one them.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

@misko: Getting struck by lightening is generally a sort of probability of 1 event in any given day.  *Lightning...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Are you sure of those numbers? I learned how to run this, I can calulate the exact value of your vote (although there are different ways of deciding that; one way is "likelihood of deciding the election", another is "number of winning coalitions I create", and there are others; I can pull out my notes if you want). What's your electoral district? I'll bet the odds of you deciding that are substantially higher than either getting struck by lightening OR winning the lottery!

But that doesn't answer his argument at all. You presuppose that she is unpopular, and then ask why that is. But hector is questioning the premise of your argument! She won the popular vote. How could the less popular candidate win the popular vote? By definition, more Americans preferred Hillary to Trump. He's asking not "Why is she unpopular?" He's asking "Is she unpopular?" You can say unpopular relative to past presidential elections if you want, but relative to her own race she won the popularity contest, as it were.

The cause of her loss was the electoral college. The reasons for her loss are complex, but certainly, that people are amazingly uncritical of Donald Trump for things that they would murder Clinton for is one them.

She narrowly won the popular vote, in an election year with quite low turnout. A lot of people stayed home because they didn't like either candidate, and a more likeable candidate probably would have flipped important states.

I don't know many people who were happy about voting for Clinton. The phrase "holding my nose" came upa lot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

She barely won the popular vote against a candidate so unpopular that the Simpsons used him as president in a peek into the future episode because they thought it would be absurd and impossible.

If hillary was popular Orange Crush would not have had a prayer to be president. Democrats would have won many more districts and ec votes if they had chosen a candidate that hadn't tried to paint video games as a scourge on America's youth, and then turning around during the campaign to try to make herself look pro videogames when everyone still remembered.

Donald Trump pulled shit like that yea, but since he wasn't in politics he wasn't watched as closely.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:59:22 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

By definition, more Americans preferred Hillary to Trump.

More Americans prefer getting stabbed over getting hit by a bus.  Is getting stabbed popular in America?  I think most would take a third option, if one was given.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 3515