Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 3519

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3686961 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #11760 on: August 26, 2017, 05:33:06 pm »

Yes. Can you show me where he was convicted of murder?

Just the facts please.

I'm saving this for the next time the supposedly horrible violence of the radical left comes up for debate.

You know... like next time we're talking about how nazis should be confronted when they organize in public, and you respond with stuff like "Yes, we should murder everyone we don't agree with in their homes."

I already looked it up. He killed no one.

But if you want some horrible violence from the radical left I have enough of that for days. Trust me, I've been holding back mostly because no one wants to watch people getting hurt.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: August 26, 2017, 05:34:03 pm »

You should make a point then :P

Easy to miss something that doesn't exist.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11762 on: August 26, 2017, 05:35:36 pm »

Fucking hell neo, the piece of shit functionally tortured people, left them out in conditions that should have constituted attempted murder, and spent better than twenty goddamn years systematically abusing minorities and the integrity of his office with everything that entails, among all the other shit I'm forgetting because you don't lack for examples when it comes to goddamn arpaio.

Him not literally dragging people out in the street and personally executing them means jack all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: August 26, 2017, 05:37:54 pm »

But someone getting hit with a bike lock once, a few people getting punched in the face, and a few people losing their jobs (half of which no one here voiced any support of) is equated with everyone being in favor of witch hunts, home invasion, and murder.

That's my point.  Astronomical double standards of evidence and behavior.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11764 on: August 26, 2017, 05:42:03 pm »

What the fuck does any of that have to do with Joe Arpaio?

The radical left has committed all of those acts. Did you know that George Washington's teeth weren't actually wooden? Because that fact also has nothing the fuck to do with what we are talking about.

When you put forth things like that into a conversation like this you come across as trying to deflect attention from the man. So I have to ask, is that what you are trying to do?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: August 26, 2017, 05:43:17 pm »

You should make a point then :P

Easy to miss something that doesn't exist.

Here is a point then, Neo: If someone is morally culpable for the suffering resulting from causes they support, as leftists would then be for the violence inflicted by leftists at rallies, then surely Arpaio bears some responsibility for letting 157 people die in his overcrowded and under-maintained jails, which got that way partly because he was more concerned with hassling brown people than enforcing the law.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11766 on: August 26, 2017, 05:44:21 pm »

Fucking hell neo, the piece of shit functionally tortured people, left them out in conditions that should have constituted attempted murder, and spent better than twenty goddamn years systematically abusing minorities and the integrity of his office with everything that entails, among all the other shit I'm forgetting because you don't lack for examples when it comes to goddamn arpaio.

Him not literally dragging people out in the street and personally executing them means jack all.

It is MOSTLY because for some of that Joe is the easy scapegoat. We don't have to be too introspective because it was all Joe Von Racist pants. THAT is the part I want to cut through.

I don't blame Joe for the Prison itself. So I don't blame him for anything that involved just the prison aspect itself.

I won't make any apologies for him ignoring due procedure and probably actually racist mind you.

But it seems more like the circumstances that surrounded him amplified the bad until it seems hitler level.

But someone getting hit with a bike lock once, a few people getting punched in the face, and a few people losing their jobs (half of which no one here voiced any support of) is equated with everyone being in favor of witch hunts, home invasion, and murder.

That's my point.  Astronomical double standards of evidence and behavior.

The REASON I brought it up back then was to show what prosecution over what is inside someone's mind is.

But if you think all there is, is people getting hit once or lost their jobs... Well... You live in a much better world than this one... Can I join you?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 05:50:00 pm by Neonivek »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11767 on: August 26, 2017, 05:49:30 pm »

You've been on full-time apologetics for racist and fascists for a few months now. Really, it's becoming tiresome.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11768 on: August 26, 2017, 05:50:33 pm »

You've been on full-time apologetics for racist and fascists for a few months now. Really, it's becoming tiresome.

I am apologizing for Joe?

I am sorry I am not a hate filled pile of pus whose first instinct is just to immediately turn on someone by reputation alone.

---

I am tired of all this terse as soon as I don't immediately jump on the hate bandwagon and actually want to know a few things OR immediately do not trust a situation on face value.

But... Where have I seen this style of argument before... The kind where if you don't immediately side with them then you are excusing it... I feel like I've seen that argument on the Left before...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 05:54:12 pm by Neonivek »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11769 on: August 26, 2017, 05:52:12 pm »

What the fuck does any of that have to do with Joe Arpaio?

The radical left has committed all of those acts. Did you know that George Washington's teeth weren't actually wooden? Because that fact also has nothing the fuck to do with what we are talking about.

When you put forth things like that into a conversation like this you come across as trying to deflect attention from the man. So I have to ask, is that what you are trying to do?

Because Joe Arpaio is a prominent hero figure to the cultural movement that's become troublesome since the current President began rising to power, and as we're discussing him, it's really fucking obvious how disparities come into play with how some assign responsibility or intent to him for his actions vs how the same gets assigned to "the left" whenever anything bad happens in association with a left-leaning person or event, whether other leftist people or organizations are actually in favor of what happened or not.

I am tired of all this terse as soon as I don't immediately jump on the hate bandwagon and actually want to know a few things OR immediately do not trust a situation on face value.

It's because you don't apply this attitude consistently.  Your inconsistencies follow a trend.  It's hard for this to go on for so long without people eventually interpreting it as a preference.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 05:53:54 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: August 26, 2017, 05:56:05 pm »

It's because you don't apply this attitude consistently.  Your inconsistencies follow a trend.  It's hard for this to go on for so long without people eventually interpreting it as a preference.

Because if I know something, I typically don't ask questions. I am much more aware of Leftist Ideologies than I am on Right Ideologies.

The frustrating part is the biggest enemy to the Left... Is the Left.

The longer the Trump Presidency goes on the more obvious why Trump won, and that is the worst part at this point. He has the magical ability to bring out the worst in everyone.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 05:59:18 pm by Neonivek »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: August 26, 2017, 05:58:46 pm »

Because if I know something, I typically don't ask questions.

But then how do you know you know something, Neo? If you only verify things you don't initially believe, you run the risk of a lot of false positives.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11772 on: August 26, 2017, 06:00:12 pm »

Because if I know something, I typically don't ask questions.

But then how do you know you know something, Neo? If you only verify things you don't initially believe, you run the risk of a lot of false positives.

That is a fair statement and completely true. I could, and anyone really, ask more questions even if I feel I am well versed in a topic.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11773 on: August 26, 2017, 06:12:45 pm »

The real point is that it doesn't matter, because people are dead and/or systematically tortured. I could care less as to which idiot tribe of card-carrying politics club people belong to in relation to this, and so could the people whose sons and daughters died in 140 degree heat in a tent while their shoes melted. Political party affiliation is so incredibly trivial next to the things he did that it does not bear mention.

Are people actually saying that whether or not the left is properly treated over things like that bike lock are somehow on par with, and therefore have bearing on the things that Joe Arpaio did?

Being ok with pardoning Joe Arpaio is like being ok with pardoning Al Capone for tax evasion because hey, no one can prove he's a murderous crime lord. Except we can absolutely prove that Joe Arpaio was a horrific tyrant who broke the law on the regular.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 06:14:27 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: August 26, 2017, 06:14:45 pm »

Arpaio did the things he did as a consequence of his ideological conviction, so it absolutely does matter. Not caring which "tribe" he belonged to is tantamount to erasing the motives of his crimes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 3519