Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533230 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Semate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15090 on: December 02, 2017, 05:16:29 pm »

Of course it is, the government is subsidizing the material costs ;)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol: Semate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15091 on: December 02, 2017, 05:39:37 pm »

Why have they done this?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15092 on: December 02, 2017, 06:09:49 pm »

its a salon or something, they're making a neat floor display
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15093 on: December 02, 2017, 07:28:16 pm »

its a salon or something, they're making a neat floor display
I could see possible cleaning issues, I hope it's going under a coat of something to fill the gaps.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15094 on: December 02, 2017, 08:03:57 pm »

So looks like we are going to see an impeachment soon for obstructing the course of justice, now that Trump has admitted in a Tweet that he had prior knowledge of Flynn lying to the FBI.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15096 on: December 02, 2017, 08:21:17 pm »

Or he amended it to include the new facts, but yeah, it sure looks a hell of a lot like he’s admitting to obstructing Justice. http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/02/politics/trump-tweet-flynn-firing-fbi-reaction/index.html

The fact that he ran his mouth off should surprise nobody.

Also, in a report by NYT, McFarland made a comment last December in an email that “Russia, which has just thrown the election to him”. However, I’ll caution that we don’t know the tone of that comment, and as we all know, tone doesn’t get translated very well on the internet sometimes, and it sounds like an opinion than stating a fact.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/02/politics/michael-flynn-russia-emails-donald-trump/index.html (To clarify, the emails are between Flynn and McFarland, not Trump, at least the email I mentioned). Mainly what I’m getting at is that there is a difference in tone when that quote is just in paranthesises or in parenthesises with a :P smiley. Otherwise, that statement looks a hell of a lot like admitting to working with Russia.

Edit: it appears that the tweet was made by his lawyer http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362967-trump-tweet-on-firing-flynn-for-lying-to-fbi-was-authored-by-trumps Seems like a really dumb thing to do because you'd think 'your client changing their story can and will look bad' would be lawyering 101.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:34:51 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15097 on: December 02, 2017, 08:53:48 pm »

Maybe the lawyer is just an excuse?

Anyway, don't go expecting any impeachment until the midterms at least, Trump would have to fuck up a lot more blatantly than this to be worth turning on.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15098 on: December 02, 2017, 09:01:05 pm »

Well, Nixon got impeached for obstructing justice, didn't he?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15099 on: December 02, 2017, 09:01:43 pm »

...and I bet Trump just came out and said he totally made the tweet, not his lawyer, because he has the best lawyers, and the greatest tweets, sad!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15100 on: December 02, 2017, 09:06:03 pm »

Depends on how you're using the word "impeachment". Articles of impeachment were passed (which is the legal definition of "impeached"), but abandoned because Nixon jumped ship. It's clear Tricky Dick expected he was going to lose, but that's not a certainty.

More importantly, Nixon was a Republican and the House was Democrat controlled for his entire presidency. I don't think Trump would jump ship even if the rats were fleeing, and the Republicans aren't likely to pass articles unless Trump's SS memorabilia collection is found.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15101 on: December 02, 2017, 09:10:23 pm »

Yes he did, but it took a while before that happened.

And yeah, as much as I'd like impeachment to not depend on the makeup of Congress, it unfortunately us going to take the Dems gaining control of Congress to get an impeachment through.

Though if he tries to remove Mueller in a re-enactment of the 'Saturday night massacre', we may not have to wait that long.

...and I bet Trump just came out and said he totally made the tweet, not his lawyer, because he has the best lawyers, and the greatest tweets, sad!

It looks bad for him whether or not his lawyer did it because lawyers are supposed to speak for their client, their word is the same as their client speaking.

Depends on how you're using the word "impeachment". Articles of impeachment were passed (which is the legal definition of "impeached"), but abandoned because Nixon jumped ship. It's clear Tricky Dick expected he was going to lose, but that's not a certainty.

More importantly, Nixon was a Republican and the House was Democrat controlled for his entire presidency. I don't think Trump would jump ship even if the rats were fleeing, and the Republicans aren't likely to pass articles unless Trump's SS memorabilia collection is found.

i don't think he'd jump ship even if the majority of the nation was against him.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15102 on: December 02, 2017, 09:11:44 pm »

Yeah, whether the lawyer or Trump did it, it's a hell of a thing to respond to an investigation by saying "uh, you guys don't need to investigate that when I did this other crime" on twitter.

Trump has already come out and said neo-nazis are good people, I don't think finding out he likes to jerk off on a picture of Hitler would matter at this point.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15103 on: December 02, 2017, 09:12:04 pm »

i don't think he'd jump ship even if the majority of the nation was against him.
Uh, status quo?
No Gods, No Masters.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15104 on: December 02, 2017, 09:19:46 pm »

More importantly, Nixon was a Republican and the House was Democrat controlled for his entire presidency. I don't think Trump would jump ship even if the rats were fleeing, and the Republicans aren't likely to pass articles unless even if Trump's SS memorabilia collection is found.
A minor tweak, and you have my opinion on the matter.  Not too long ago, the Republican governor of Alabama has declared that she doesn't disbelieve the accusers, but she would rather have an ephebophile than a Democrat in the Senate.  Franken cannot stand down and be replaced by another Democrat because it sets a precedent for any other hypothetical Democrats accused of the same crimes in Republican states to stand down and be replaced by Republicans.  As surreal as it seems, the old maxim about a "dead girl or a live boy" does not really seem to hold anymore.  I wouldn't be surprised to find people hastening to forgive it if any politician (not just Trump) went rolling through Washington Mall in a Panzer III while wearing full regalia and blasting the Horst Wessel Lied.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 09:21:38 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 3511