Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3589555 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Senate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15210 on: December 04, 2017, 11:40:13 pm »

Yikes, I'm a ravenous eater but that's a scary menu for the grease alone. Also, literally McDonalds or just figuratively? Because I've seen Trump loving on his fast food before and I really wonder what the fuck is wrong with him. If I had a functionally unlimited food budget I'd never eat fast food again, I barely even eat it now.

No wonder the Oval Office toilet needs to be replaced.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Senate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15211 on: December 05, 2017, 12:09:43 am »

Literally McDonald's. He likes how clean it is, since he's a crazy germophobe, and I'm guessing he likes the consistency; much of his rhetoric about how "you don't know what they're putting in" the food at, you know, good restaurants would suggest he's latched on to awful hamburgers as being reliably the same whatever else happens.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15212 on: December 05, 2017, 12:30:28 am »

That was how the fast-food franchise thing first came to be, apparently. By completely standardising the customer experience, the first chain (I forget which that was, but it wasn't MacD's) injected a heretofore missing sense of "I trust these people because I know the owner personally" by creating a feeling of "I trust these people because they do the same as every other restaurant in the chain", so ameliorating the widespread risk of undercooked (or downright dodgy) meat in the days before the current levels of H&S and enforced catering standards.

But, really, without even going into "I'll have Dodo Sorbet every night, washed down with a glass of Unicorn Milk" territory, as powerful a person as he is (even back in his Apprentice days) should be able to command a decent on-site chef.

Unless he suffers from Poison Paranoia, and is carefully importing food guaranteed to be (no more than averagely) undangerous. In which case, may I suggest he reads Nanny Ogg's Cookbook and pages 32-33 (in both hardback and softback versions I have, at least) from Lord Vetinari, who describes how one might survive assassination attempts by either carefully juggling randomised samples of bread and water to remove moat of the risks of inhumation or else be like Havelock himself and remove all such concerns entirely from the equation.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15213 on: December 05, 2017, 12:34:02 am »

I mean, it's not a question. He has a personal chef. He has an entire personal kitchen with their supply chain monitored by the Secret Service to be hidden and clean. That's how the White House operates. Unless he fired them all, I guess.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #15214 on: December 05, 2017, 12:34:38 am »

There's that famous Jon Stewart rant where he tears Trump apart (back in 2011 or something) for treating Sarah Palin and her family to a generic pizza joint in NYC instead of using his literally unlimited restaurant connections to get her and her family at least a decent pizza. And also for eating the slice with a fork.

Trump has endorsed Roy Moore, leading the RNC to reinstate support for him.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15215 on: December 05, 2017, 12:38:55 am »

There's that famous Jon Stewart rant where he tears Trump apart (back in 2011 or something) for treating Sarah Palin and her family to a generic pizza joint in NYC instead of using his literally unlimited restaurant connections to get her and her family at least a decent pizza. And also for eating the slice with a fork.

Trump has endorsed Roy Moore, leading the RNC to reinstate support for him.

Actually, Kasich got mocked for eating pizza with a fork too.

I've also read that he likes McDonalds so much that the WH cooks are (or were, dunno if they succeeded by now) having trouble replicating the cheeseburgers to his liking.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15216 on: December 05, 2017, 12:41:12 am »

But, really, without even going into "I'll have Dodo Sorbet every night, washed down with a glass of Unicorn Milk" territory, as powerful a person as he is (even back in his Apprentice days) should be able to command a decent on-site chef.

Who do you think makes him his ultra-well-done steak for him to cover in ketchup or serves him one more scoop of ice cream than everyone else because he's the boss?

Trump is basically the living incarnation of the Internet's tendency to love bacon more loudly when vegans are near. He shouldn't eat tons of greasy cheap fast food, but nobody tells Trump what to do, and thus the burgers.

EDIT:
I've also read that he likes McDonalds so much that the WH cooks are (or were, dunno if they succeeded by now) having trouble replicating the cheeseburgers to his liking.

I think that was more about how high-ranking a person he could send to get him a cheeseburger, like with Christie. He is very much about making powerful, smart, intelligent people demean themselves for his amusement.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:44:45 am by Trekkin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #15217 on: December 05, 2017, 01:11:02 am »

I'm very annoyed by a person as powerful as him eating crap food. If I were that rich I'd be dying from overconsumption of real hamburgers!

also whats wrong with eating pizza with a fork
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15218 on: December 05, 2017, 02:25:47 am »

That was how the fast-food franchise thing first came to be, apparently. By completely standardising the customer experience, the first chain (I forget which that was, but it wasn't MacD's) injected a heretofore missing sense of "I trust these people because I know the owner personally" by creating a feeling of "I trust these people because they do the same as every other restaurant in the chain", so ameliorating the widespread risk of undercooked (or downright dodgy) meat in the days before the current levels of H&S and enforced catering standards.

I think you're talking about White Castle.

also whats wrong with eating pizza with a fork

*gasps*

HERESY!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15219 on: December 05, 2017, 03:49:23 am »

The only proper use of a fork with pizza is stabbing your neighbours in the eye if he starts eating his pizza with a fork. The only way to stop a bad guy with a fork is a good guy with a fork.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15220 on: December 05, 2017, 04:18:05 am »

Pizza and fork is ok if it's a home-made pizza on really thin flatbread or it's a cheap shitty frozen one that isn't sliced. Those types don't tend to hold up to normal pizza-eating technologies.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15221 on: December 05, 2017, 10:16:38 am »

Mueller has issued a subpoena to Deutsche Bank for details on its loans to Trump.

This is the sort of thing for which Trump has said he'd fire Mueller*, so we may have a Saturday Night Massacre-type firing spree occurring soon.

*not that he can directly, but he can run through Attorneys General until one is willing to fire Mueller for him.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15223 on: December 05, 2017, 01:02:28 pm »

Gay Cakes.

I'm honestly having a hard time forming an opinion on this one. On the one hand, you can't force someone to work if they don't want to, that's basically slavery. On the other hand, can you imagine if a major chain of stores all put up signs on their front doors stating 'No Gays Allowed'? That kind of regulated bigotry in our businesses obviously can't be tolerated. But between these two extremes, where exactly is the line drawn, and how are infractions handled?

Maybe we should just ban all cakes from weddings so that nobody gets offended.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15224 on: December 05, 2017, 01:07:57 pm »

Businesses provide services to the public. They are the manner in which resources are largely distributed and are in that regard no different from state agencies who provide services. If businesses are allowed to selectively deny their services, parts of the public can be stripped of access to society, this is something we've already all agreed should probably not be allowed to happen.

If you make cakes, you have to offer them to everybody. If you don't make cakes, you don't have to offer them to anybody. Nobody has to take what you offer and nobody can force you to offer something that you don't offer to anybody. That's the line.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 3514