Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3608254 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Senate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15600 on: December 13, 2017, 02:09:21 am »

Yay~
Love, scriver~

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Senate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15601 on: December 13, 2017, 02:24:05 am »

Nevermind, move along.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: December 13, 2017, 02:27:37 am »

That yay~ was supposed to be comment to the democrat winning, not last stands or shooting up shopping malls or whatever. Just to be clear.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: December 13, 2017, 02:30:08 am »

That yay~ was supposed to be comment to the democrat winning, not last stands or shooting up shopping malls or whatever. Just to be clear.
Party pooper.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: December 13, 2017, 02:43:03 am »

Amusingly, I heard a song in my playlist that had me thinking of Moore...

It was a bit creepy, and funny at the same time.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: December 13, 2017, 05:48:46 am »

Well fuck, I was expecting Moore to be up 14 or so, crazy that the vile old lech lost this time... way to go... Alabama?

Really not the place I would have expected this sort of thing.

Yeah, well wasn't Moore being up a 14 or so the reason this election is tipping away from him?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: December 13, 2017, 09:39:20 am »

And right on cue, Trump now tweeting he backed Luther Strange because "I said Roy Moore will not be able to win in the General Election (and I was right!)"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: December 13, 2017, 11:06:20 am »

And right on cue, Trump now tweeting he backed Luther Strange because "I said Roy Moore will not be able to win in the General Election (and I was right!)"
Remember, narcissists never make mistakes.

Except Luther Strange lost the primary. He's clearly trying to distance himself from Moore anyway.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15608 on: December 13, 2017, 02:08:00 pm »

It really makes me wish I could pull an Eragon-esque thing and just force the guy to understand everything he did. The mental break as he's suddenly forced to comprehend the fact he was wrong so many times would just be satisfying as hell.
It makes me happy you referenced that.  Those novels were my childhood.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: December 13, 2017, 02:10:27 pm »

It really makes me wish I could pull an Eragon-esque thing and just force the guy to understand everything he did. The mental break as he's suddenly forced to comprehend the fact he was wrong so many times would just be satisfying as hell.
I'm sorry to hear that. :P

But yeah I enjoyed Eragon as a kid too. I don't recall Eragon forcing someone to take notice of their own faults though - was that in the latter books?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: December 13, 2017, 02:13:50 pm »

I could make more jokes if Luther Strange had a phd in something.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: December 13, 2017, 02:26:57 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that. :P

But yeah I enjoyed Eragon as a kid too. I don't recall Eragon forcing someone to take notice of their own faults though - was that in the latter books?
Oh dude I've read a million fantasy books.  I know Eragon suffers from two terrible diseases: First Novel Syndrome and Degenerative Tolkien Disorder.  But I'm a sucker for a boy and his dragon, I thought that relationship was really sweet.  Most authors that do that kind of thing make the animal companion/robot/whatever less intelligent or weaker than the human, the author running with the "dragons are smarter than humans" thing created a cool dynamic. 
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: December 13, 2017, 03:03:26 pm »

Swear to fornication, every time I come across eragon it takes a minute to recognise it's not referring to etrigan. Never read anything related to eragon except some fanfic related stuff, but despite that I still can't help but think replacing the MC of those books with etrigan would be a substantial improvement...

... also, sucker for boy and dragon, does broketail ring any old bells for you? Soda is the devil's drink. Or coffee. Something like that.

Any case, looks like alabama actually didn't prefer a pedo to a dem, or at least disliked the former enough to stay home. Those turnout numbers are a thing, heh. Probably even more impressive when you consider about 15% of 'bama's black voters have been disenfranchised.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:05:38 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15613 on: December 13, 2017, 04:01:35 pm »

Yeah, at the end of the day this seems to have been a lot of noise and then "nothing to see here".  Congratulations Alabama Republicans, you were hypothetically half decent to young girls.

Now what should be discussed is the effect that Doug Jones is going to have on the Senate.  He won't be sworn in immediately.  Normally that wouldn't matter but Republicans seem set on not being chill, and are probably going to try and rush the tax bill through.  They realistically have a chance on that, Republicans agree on this a lot more than they do on healthcare.

AFAIK, it doesn't actually matter if Doug Jones is in the senate.  Regardless of whether he's there to vote, the math is the same: one Republican senator can vote nay and a vote will pass, if two vote nay then a vote will fail.  The only case in which Doug Jones would make a difference would be if a Republican got cute and abstained instead of voting, or if a Democrat took a sick day.  So this special election is in reality a huge blow to the Republican efforts.  It bodes poorly for their 2018 performance as well; the high profile of this special election means that Democrats who are not normally politically aware will have followed this incident and smell blood in the water.

Spoiler: Eragon discussion (click to show/hide)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15614 on: December 13, 2017, 04:32:33 pm »

Wasn't that a book about a kid and a talking dragon romping about and having adventures? And there was some kind of evil possessed super wizard chasing them about in the first book? Because all of those things are verifiably awesome.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 3515